Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th May 2011, 13:41   #16
BHPian

re: Alternatives to Ford Explorer in Dubai? EDIT: Bought VW Touareg. PICS on Pg. 2

@manasm - Congrats on the purchase.

Touareg is a nice choice, I am sure he was bowled over by the looks and dynamics of the vehicle. It comes with a 3.6 V6 mated to a 8 speed GB. Hell of a looker in the 2011 Avatar.

Regarding the maintenance, he will be okay considering he drove the Ford Explorer for 200K. Dynamics and looks of the European SUV's are much better than their Japanese or American counterparts, the new Grand Cherokee being an exception. He could have looked up on that one, really nice vehicle.
Old 10th May 2011, 14:27   #17
BHPian

re: Alternatives to Ford Explorer in Dubai? EDIT: Bought VW Touareg. PICS on Pg. 2

Within the price range

First Choice : Toyota Prado

Second : Nissan Pathfinder

Third : Mitsubishi Pajero

Given the fact that Prado is not immediately available, alternate way is to go to Al Ain and then to Buraimi which actually is a part of Oman.
Check with Saud Bahwan,(dealers for Toyota). A remote possibility of shorter delivery period and CHEAPER than Al Futtaim, Dubai.

Pajeros are always available in plenty.

Amrik Singh
Old 13th May 2011, 13:05   #18
BHPian

Hey all,

The Touareg just got delivered...some photos for you.

Photos taken by my mother who is not a team-bhp member....., so if you have any questions or requests for photos or feel anything is missing, let me know and will get those for you.

Cheers,
Manas
Attached Thumbnails
Alternatives to Ford Explorer in Dubai? EDIT: Bought VW Touareg. PICS on Pg. 2-snv36122.jpg  

Alternatives to Ford Explorer in Dubai? EDIT: Bought VW Touareg. PICS on Pg. 2-snv36124.jpg  

Alternatives to Ford Explorer in Dubai? EDIT: Bought VW Touareg. PICS on Pg. 2-snv36131.jpg  

Alternatives to Ford Explorer in Dubai? EDIT: Bought VW Touareg. PICS on Pg. 2-snv36135.jpg  

Alternatives to Ford Explorer in Dubai? EDIT: Bought VW Touareg. PICS on Pg. 2-snv36136.jpg  

Alternatives to Ford Explorer in Dubai? EDIT: Bought VW Touareg. PICS on Pg. 2-snv36147.jpg  

Alternatives to Ford Explorer in Dubai? EDIT: Bought VW Touareg. PICS on Pg. 2-snv36151.jpg  

Alternatives to Ford Explorer in Dubai? EDIT: Bought VW Touareg. PICS on Pg. 2-snv36152.jpg  

Alternatives to Ford Explorer in Dubai? EDIT: Bought VW Touareg. PICS on Pg. 2-snv36154.jpg  

Alternatives to Ford Explorer in Dubai? EDIT: Bought VW Touareg. PICS on Pg. 2-snv36155.jpg  

Last edited by manasm : 13th May 2011 at 13:18.
manasm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2011, 13:16   #19
BHPian

Some more photos...

Some features are -
  • 4 zone climate control
  • "sport" mode with manual shift
  • 8" touchscreen media interface with 60GB hard drive built in
  • 7" screen in the instrument cluster
  • extra side sun visor for driver and front passenger - very useful in Dubai
  • all media controls on steering wheel
  • 4wd
  • parking assist and sensors
  • 10 speaker multimedia system
  • front and side impact airbags
  • height adjustable arm rests for front seats
  • "follow me home" lights
  • auto-sensing folding wing mirrors
When I get more details will update more...
Attached Thumbnails
Alternatives to Ford Explorer in Dubai? EDIT: Bought VW Touareg. PICS on Pg. 2-snv36143.jpg  

Alternatives to Ford Explorer in Dubai? EDIT: Bought VW Touareg. PICS on Pg. 2-snv36157.jpg  

Alternatives to Ford Explorer in Dubai? EDIT: Bought VW Touareg. PICS on Pg. 2-snv36156.jpg  

Alternatives to Ford Explorer in Dubai? EDIT: Bought VW Touareg. PICS on Pg. 2-snv36163.jpg  

Alternatives to Ford Explorer in Dubai? EDIT: Bought VW Touareg. PICS on Pg. 2-snv36164.jpg  

Alternatives to Ford Explorer in Dubai? EDIT: Bought VW Touareg. PICS on Pg. 2-snv36168.jpg  

Alternatives to Ford Explorer in Dubai? EDIT: Bought VW Touareg. PICS on Pg. 2-snv36170.jpg  

Alternatives to Ford Explorer in Dubai? EDIT: Bought VW Touareg. PICS on Pg. 2-snv36178.jpg  

Alternatives to Ford Explorer in Dubai? EDIT: Bought VW Touareg. PICS on Pg. 2-snv36177.jpg  

Alternatives to Ford Explorer in Dubai? EDIT: Bought VW Touareg. PICS on Pg. 2-snv36181.jpg  

manasm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th May 2011, 14:04   #20
BHPian

Re: Alternatives to Ford Explorer in Dubai? EDIT: Bought VW Touareg. PICS on Pg. 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by manasm View Post
Some more photos...

Some features are -
  • 4 zone climate control
  • "sport" mode with manual shift
  • 8" touchscreen media interface with 60GB hard drive built in
  • 7" screen in the instrument cluster
  • extra side sun visor for driver and front passenger - very useful in Dubai
  • all media controls on steering wheel
  • 4wd
  • parking assist and sensors
  • 10 speaker multimedia system
  • front and side impact airbags
  • height adjustable arm rests for front seats
  • "follow me home" lights
  • auto-sensing folding wing mirrors
When I get more details will update more...
Ah! The all new Toaureg. We'll have to wait a few months to get it in India. I guess it comes with the 3.6 V6 petrol in the UAE, eight?
Old 1st November 2018, 16:41   #21

Re: Alternatives to Ford Explorer in Dubai? EDIT: Bought VW Touareg. PICS on Pg. 2

Hey @manasm

Do you still have the Touareg? I'm hunting for a used one in Dubai. If you could help me some info below, that would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance:
  • Did you face any major repair costs other that routine maintenance? Like failing electronics?
  • How much fuel average does it give? I know its irrelevant in Dubai, but still want to calculate the expected running costs and brace for it....
  • Does Air suspension come standard across the range?
  • how much does a 15k service cost?
  • How does the A/C fare in Dubai summer?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks