Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st August 2011, 02:18   #46
Senior - BHPian

Re: My Mahindra MM540 Build

BODY COVER, this is the best investment one should do, we spend lakhs & thousand on the vehicle modification or restoration but this one small investment will help the entire project. I appreciate you for doing this, now there are some side effects of the cover as well which you need to take care of like being under the sun or rain.
Old 1st August 2011, 14:21   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chanu View Post
BODY COVER, this is the best investment one should do, we spend lakhs & thousand on the vehicle modification or restoration but this one small investment will help the entire project. I appreciate you for doing this, now there are some side effects of the cover as well which you need to take care of like being under the sun or rain.
Thank you very much.

Could you shed some light on the side effects of the cover. Awaiting tips from other jeeprs as well.
Old 2nd August 2011, 01:24   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingvikz View Post
Thank you very much.

Could you shed some light on the side effects of the cover. Awaiting tips from other jeeprs as well.
If kept under the sun, excessive temperature might make the cover stuck to the bonnet and other areas causing paint to damage, in case with the rain remove it immediately as it captures the moisture, apart from that it is takes longer time for the rain water to dry allowing the silent enemy (rust) start occurring, the cover you have put will serve only these purpose that is avoid dead leafs falling on the vehicle , bird droppings, kids playing or getting inside out in the jeep or scratching it apart from a little relief from dust.

Dust the cover periodically as the minute granules of sand will develop scratches though not visible but can be seen but nothing is better than a proper shed which not everybody is blessed with. All the very best.
Old 26th May 2012, 02:37   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Hi, Any updates on the jeep and the pictures after the paint job?
Old 6th July 2012, 13:00   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acclero View Post
Hi, Any updates on the jeep and the pictures after the paint job?
Paint Job done long ago. Faced half a dozen other issues till date and tackled them all one by one, sometimes smilingly and few times grumpyly. After love is all about ups and downs. Picture posted under jeep owners. Also availble in facebook. But give me a fornight and i'll post something newer. Am heading outta town today.
kingvikz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2012, 00:18   #51
BHPian

After laying low for quite some time and dusting off the lazy bug, Im back with pictures of my jeep after the paint job and tinkering. Also took part in the raid de bannergetta. Have visited Vijay sirs' swastik fabs for some valuable guidance. However the distance between SLV motors and my house is too far, which is why despite me trying to visit him often i have met him only once so far. Sorry vijay sir, i know u'd understand and i will visit again.
Attached Thumbnails
My Mahindra MM540 Build-tiger.jpg  

My Mahindra MM540 Build-dsc_3657.jpg  

My Mahindra MM540 Build-dsc_3722.jpg  

My Mahindra MM540 Build-dsc_3643.jpg  

Old 27th August 2012, 14:28   #52
BHPian

MM540 - modification of shock absorbers

Hey Jeepers!

Im planning to replace the shock absorbers on my MM540. I want something that will help me in off roading as well as in day to day drives.

There doesnt seem to be too much information available on this, however this is what I have in mind:

[FONT='Arial','sans-serif'][COLOR=#0000ff]http://www.carsingh.com/car-accessories/shocks-rear-for-mahindra-thar-tjm-650ge2320[/COLOR][/FONT]

[FONT='Arial','sans-serif'][COLOR=#0000ff]http://www.carsingh.com/car-accessories/shocks-front-for-mahindra-thar-tjm-650ge1320[/COLOR][/FONT]

let me know what you think! The more economical the better!
Old 23rd October 2012, 10:49   #53
BHPian

Jeep Trouble

Hello Jeepers,

My 4WD, 540 is experiencing issues and how!

- clutch shudder:

1st gear and slight incline or real slow drive and the bonnet-grill region shakes and shivers.

- Squeaks:

Left fender region (thats when i look from inside the jeep), every wide turn, or first few meteres after starting, the underbody groans and squeaks. On inspection I found the fender seems to be rubbing the chassis. No bushes missing.

- Mileage

A standard 11km that my jeep gave is now a distant memory. Its 4km, 6km or 8km. Not sure whats wrong.

- Temperature

This is interesting. The temp guage does not cross 80. However the jeep has always much cooler earlier. Many said the temperature reaching close to 80 is normal. But that jeep instinct feeling i have tells me something is still not right.

I am broke and thus have not been able to meet my mechanic. The jeep drives fine despite these issues. Hoping christmas brings along some budget uplifts. Till then is there anything i can do to check on these issues from the comforts of my garage? Any other jeeper facing/faced these issues before?

ps: How do we jeepers save money to help our jeeps? Any suggestion welcome.
Old 23rd October 2012, 16:45   #54
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Re: Jeep Trouble

Quote:
ps: How do we jeepers save money to help our jeeps? Any suggestion welcome.
I sold my left kidney. Who needs two anyways.
Chanderjeet is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks