Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th July 2011, 22:33   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: mm550 with a scorpio 2.6 CRDe engine?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sach.sri View Post
well - just asking if you have some information, nothing more than that

ricky - i have not driven jeeps earlier, never had the chance. So i am not an expert on ride quality and stuff. What i did feel was that Thar has a good ride quality and this is what i have reported.

Thanks for your response. As for the information you seek from Spike - does the not say it all. Right now M&M is like a sponge, absorbing - then they will (I hope) purge out Thar 2 with AC & option of hard top etc.

That is what I make out of it all !! I may be totally wrong. But I have a feeling I am not !!

Cheers
Old 12th July 2011, 11:56   #32
BHPian

let us hope for the best. In the meanwhile the quest continues.
I think that Thar is a good vehicle - though high on the price level.
Old 12th July 2011, 21:00   #33
Senior - BHPian

A little birdie tells me that the HT & Aircon WILL come even if it were an option. LOL FRP top, insulated et al. The only questionable part is the asthetics !

Atleast "something" is happening in the right direction.

Cheers
Old 14th July 2011, 14:27   #34
BHPian

This is great. Howeevr, i must confess - that like all people bitten by the Jeep bug and a newbie , i am confused on what to go for

Sometimes i feel that i should take a mm550 and get it restored, then i read some other thread and my mind goes in that direction :(

quite confusing - one thing is for sure, i am looking at getting a jeep by the year end. hopefully will be able to settle on some model and then take it from there.
Old 14th July 2011, 15:34   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sach.sri View Post
This is great. Howeevr, i must confess - that like all people bitten by the Jeep bug and a newbie , i am confused on what to go for

Sometimes i feel that i should take a mm550 and get it restored, then i read some other thread and my mind goes in that direction :(

quite confusing - one thing is for sure, i am looking at getting a jeep by the year end. hopefully will be able to settle on some model and then take it from there.
Very much in the same boat except for the fact that a new Thar is beyond me for at-least an year or more in terms of finances. Ive more or less resigned to the fact that getting a used 2000yr (preferably post 2004) onwards CL550 (Mahindra Major) in good condition would be quite a luck based scenario. I am not going to be a serious offroader so the CL550 would suffice. However option number two is more probable , getting hands on an army disposal mm550 (hopefully the NGCS version) and then redoing it with the knowledge & guidance of the TeamBHPians. That would indeed turn out to be cheaper as I belive army disposals are around 1L & getting the vehicle into a running condition with some more dough going towards seats & tyres so around 2.25L a decent vehicle can be made to with a lot of patience & some heartaches along the way.
Old 14th July 2011, 22:10   #36
Senior - BHPian

Let me add to your confusion. You also should consider the Thar DI.

It is a very different vehicle from the Thar CRDe and is built on a different chassis. It is a rougher, cruder vehicle aimed at rural use and more radical off-roading. Forget a/c and amenities with this jeep. But don't be afraid of its 63bhp solid torquey motor and rough finish.

see...http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-ve...le-option.html

There is a lot of info on this site. Please search and read. You have time to make a more informed decision. You won't like taking even more time to correct expensive mistakes.
Old 16th July 2011, 20:19   #37
Senior - BHPian

For those with their backs intact can safely go for a leaf sprung vehicle like the 550. Older people like me have to think of comfort over various other things.

If one wants lesser drive comfort, one can go for a new THAR DI as a "sensible option". Cheaper, new, reliable.

Cheers

Last edited by Ricky_63 : 16th July 2011 at 20:32.
Old 18th July 2011, 12:35   #38
BHPian

well - the issue with Thar Di (as with the older jeeps) is the registration. Thar Di and the jeeps will not be registered in NCR - so there is this additional issue of "somehow" getting it registered.

I tried to check Thar DI during the weekend - but the dealears in Gurgaon dont stock it :(.

I had a query in this regard - what is the experience of people with older jeeps using in NCR - does it attract the cops more? What is the experience - can someone share?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks