Team-BHP - The Gypsy that started it all! ~ Spidey!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   4x4 Vehicles (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-vehicles/)
-   -   The Gypsy that started it all! ~ Spidey! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-vehicles/109332-gypsy-started-all-spidey-7.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by sreejeshmp (Post 3380848)
Hi,

Can you share the details of this blower ? I am planning for an AC in my jeep this blower looks good and I think it can be fit in My Jeep CJ7 type dash.

Attachment 1213451

- Sreejesh

What detail you want? Make is enough? This is not a branded model, but Tobias from wecool will be able to help you. Specifics will share over the weekend, since Spidey is parked at my parents house. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaggu (Post 3380850)
What detail you want? Make is enough? This is not a branded model, but Tobias from wecool will be able to help you. Specifics will share over the weekend, since Spidey is parked at my parents house. :)

How is the performance and reliability of the Blower? I am using Scorpio Compressor (its already there on the engine) with Thar CRDe condenser (not yet bought) will it be ok to use with this blower ?. What will be the price ? where can I get this blower in Bangalore ? can you share the address or contact details of wecool please: ?

- Sreejesh

Quote:

Originally Posted by sreejeshmp (Post 3380855)
How is the performance and reliability of the Blower? I am using Scorpio Compressor (its already there on the engine) with Thar CRDe condenser (not yet bought) will it be ok to use with this blower ?. What will be the price ? where can I get this blower in Bangalore ? can you share the address or contact details of wecool please: ?

- Sreejesh

Blower is working fine till date, the speed calibration is not that great, ie the difference between 1-2-3 but throw is really good. Slightly loud but on an offroad vehicle one does not notice the same. It was part of the whole kit so no exact split up, but was accounted at about 5-6k, blower with the coil inside.

Wecool 080 25364270 Tobias is a malayali.

Jaggu, selling the Spidey. If only your Gypsy was near my locality, would surely give it a thought of buying. Any way of transporting the Gypsy in West Bengal? Also would like like to know about its FE.

I saw this Gypsy in an offroad event two weeks back. looks cool, i hope new owner takes the benchmark to next level.

Shubhendra

Attachment 1035617

Got a set of cheap running lights also, since the head lights were pathetic. Later realized it (head lights) was a wiring issue.

Spidey with his new looks..
Attachment 1035566

Hope this monsoon is a better one for both of us.[/quote]

Jaggu can you please share how you have mounted these fogs on your bumper?Looks like a neat installation, I have the same bumper and wanted to mount additional lamps on it without messing up the aesthetics.

The Gypsy that started it all! ~ Spidey!-16.jpg

The Gypsy that started it all! ~ Spidey!-19.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by Abster (Post 3882953)
Jaggu can you please share how you have mounted these fogs on your bumper?Looks like a neat installation, I have the same bumper and wanted to mount additional lamps on it without messing up the aesthetics.

Used an S shaped clamp which was welded onto the bar and then fogs were placed upside down :) Right side up it was too tall and blocking air flow into radiator.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaggu (Post 3882961)
Used an S shaped clamp which was welded onto the bar and then fogs were placed upside down :) Right side up it was too tall and blocking air flow into radiator.

Thanks! Looks very clean, no clamps visible from the front..a couple of close up pics would be great..if u can spare a few mins Jaggu :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Abster (Post 3882972)
Thanks! Looks very clean, no clamps visible from the front..a couple of close up pics would be great..if u can spare a few mins Jaggu :D

Unfortunately i have sold the vehicle and don't have any close up pics, but it is a simple job. Use a strong metal sheet piece, that can be bent around the circumference of the bar, welded on and the other end have a whole drilled for the lamp bolt.

Thought to share recent pic of Spidey which attended our event in September 2015 and performed well.
New owner is a young automobile enthusiast and a good offroader too

The Gypsy that started it all! ~ Spidey!-dsc_7875.jpg

Regards,
Shubhendra Singh

Spidey looks awesome!clap:

Nice to see spidey evolving over time..

how about a few more pix of Spidey shubhendra??Would like to see the new mods at the rear...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shubhendra (Post 3882984)
Thought to share recent pic of Spidey which attended our event in September 2015 and performed well.
New owner is a young automobile enthusiast and a good offroader too

Attachment 1456362

Regards,
Shubhendra Singh

Looks like new owner has installed new winch bumper and also reduced the lift?
Jaggu should be able to pinpoint better..

Bumper, roll cage, lights, wheels and rims are new. Height seems to be the same, it more to do with the tyres giving it a different look.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaggu (Post 3882980)
Unfortunately i have sold the vehicle and don't have any close up pics, but it is a simple job. Use a strong metal sheet piece, that can be bent around the circumference of the bar, welded on and the other end have a whole drilled for the lamp bolt.

Jaggu this what you had in mind? Read your explanation and randomly searched online and found this..Available for 999/- Its pricey for a pair of brackets,but don't think local lathe guys can achieve this finish.

The Gypsy that started it all! ~ Spidey!-_122.jpg

The Gypsy that started it all! ~ Spidey!-_12.jpg

The Gypsy that started it all! ~ Spidey!-_121.jpg

The Gypsy that started it all! ~ Spidey!-_123.jpg

This is clamp, Spidey one was similar but was welded at the seam, so one half of the clamp above is needed. But clamps look like better option.

Quote:

Originally Posted by gsferrari (Post 2714837)
Jaggu - congrats on scoring the best Gypsy in the country! Good to know that it stays within the off-roading family.

I got to spend some time with Dwarf when I visited Vijaykumar to sort out some issues with my Gypsy. Looks really nice and glad to know that dwarf also remains in the same family.

Regarding the AC - my installer took a couple of days to fabricate path from the blower to the stock vents. I now control the blower with the in-dash control unit (factory standard) and the air flows out the vents on the dashboard. I don't have a blower sticking out like you do. Aesthetically far better and more space for the legs and the blower is very strong!

If you want to remove the dash to have a look at how it has been done in my Gypsy - feel free to ask and I'll deliver the vehicle to Sanjay's garage. I go to that area quite often these days as the Kawasaki Ninja service center is in the next block.

My AC fitting cost me 40K but that came with warranty and higher end components like the Sanden SV10 variable compressor and the Superking blower with the higher rpm motors (original) and not the jugaad local 800 rpm ones which flood the market these days. I must add that the 6v10 does put a perceptible load on the engine affecting performance until cooling efficiency has been reached at which point the load drops significantly.

In your case with the crawler ratios, this will not be apparent at all.

Question to Khan and the others:

Does a crawler ratio gearbox make sense even for a more or less stock Gypsy without lockers / big tires? I think my city driving experience would be a lot better with the crawlers...but I could be mistaken. Thoughts?

Dear gsferrari, I am looking to setup the ac in my gypsy on similar lines. I am based in Chennai. How may I go about it?