Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd March 2012, 09:14   #16
BHPian

Re: Chevy Suburban Z71 5.3L V8 4x4

Here is an exterior picture I took today, Suburban with my truck (Tow Rig for my Jeep)

Chevy Suburban Z71 5.3L V8 4x4-812cf2d8.jpg

Mods: Sorry for the back to back post on the same thread but my editing time had expired. Please feel free to merge with above thread.
Old 22nd March 2012, 13:36   #17
BHPian

@Gujju - I have driven the suburban several times when I was studying in the US, needless to say that they were owned by American friends and not Indian. I love the suburban and yours looks great.

Good to see an Indian venturing beyond accords, corollas and camry's !!!
spawnofsatan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2012, 23:24   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spawnofsatan View Post
@Gujju - I have driven the suburban several times when I was studying in the US, needless to say that they were owned by American friends and not Indian. I love the suburban and yours looks great.
Good to see an Indian venturing beyond accords, corollas and camry's !!!
I know what you mean I have had my share of Corollas, Accords and Camrys exactly in that order.

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
Could you post some interior pics as well as more technical details about its performance, on the highways and off the road? What is the FE you get? How about the maintenance costs? How old is the lorry?
I answered couple of your questions in a previous post, as far as the highway performance goes it is fantastic. It commands respect and drives with authority. Off the road performance is not bad but it is not the best vehicle for off road use. You can do rough unpaved roads with few rocks etc, like the Ladakh trips. But it is no rock crawler like the Jeep etc. It is just too big, heavy and long for that. Z71 is their off road package.
Maintenance cost is very low, I do lot of my own maintenance so that helps as well. The truck is 9 years old now and I have changed all four shocks with upgraded Bilstein shocks; I have adjusted the parking brake. I had the front hub bearings go out on me on right hand side, I went ahead and changed both sides myself and just had to pay for parts. Other than that normal maintenance fluid changes (Transmission, transfer case, differential etc).

Here are few pics of previous rides: (Now sold)
Attached Thumbnails
Chevy Suburban Z71 5.3L V8 4x4-honda-accord-r6.jpg  

Chevy Suburban Z71 5.3L V8 4x4-honda-angle.jpg  

Chevy Suburban Z71 5.3L V8 4x4-camry.jpg  

Chevy Suburban Z71 5.3L V8 4x4-camry1.jpg  

Last edited by Gujarati : 22nd March 2012 at 23:44. Reason: grammar check
Old 3rd July 2012, 10:17   #19
BHPian

Took a long trip to Florida beaches from Texas. About 2800 kms trip. Suburban still performs great after so many years. Came back and felt new shocks on all four corners would make the beast drive even better.

I had installed Bilstein Shocks on the Suburban about four years ago. It came with lifetime warranty. All I had to do was tell the shop that my shocks don't perform at the best possible level. They gave me four new shocks no charge. I installed them couple weeks ago.

Also did a tune up on it with all new spark plugs and wires along with Mobil 1 synthetic oil and filter. Also found the water pump has a slow leak going to attempt to change that in couple weeks.

Here are few pics of shock install.
Attached Thumbnails
Chevy Suburban Z71 5.3L V8 4x4-f9b73207.jpg  

Chevy Suburban Z71 5.3L V8 4x4-77a00be1.jpg  

Chevy Suburban Z71 5.3L V8 4x4-11dfb693.jpg  

Last edited by Gujarati : 3rd July 2012 at 10:20.
Gujarati is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks