Team-BHP - Trax Gurkha - As good as it gets??
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   4x4 Vehicles (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-vehicles/)
-   -   Trax Gurkha - As good as it gets?? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-vehicles/11847-trax-gurkha-good-gets-51.html)

Looks ugly to me!

611 TT out by next month?

Quote:

Originally Posted by 007 Bond (Post 1196845)
uploading changed face of trax 1st one has face of traveller & is a armoured trax while the second one is the famous GTD 90.

Can see only the Armored Trax, and do not like its looks.
Some problem with the second pic? - it doesn't load.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rhandle (Post 1196870)
611 TT out by next month?

Going through this thread, it seems like the OM611 has been in the "to-be-introduced-shortly" stage for the past three years.

Re attaching GTD 90 photo

Some problem in uploading ... will try to upload it later.

For everyones' information

I heard from Sonalika dealer (icml.co.in) that Rhino Rx CRD-Fi (common rail) would be released in march 09. He says that they are also planning a 4X4.

I have test driven the Non-CRDI Rhino Rx. In terms of power and pickup, it matches many of the available CRDI engines.

Therefore I am really expecting a surprise from them.

Guys! If someone has not test driven the vehicle, please take a ride and you will get to know what I mean

Dude !

For God's sake, do not mention the Rhino in this thread. Please start a separate thread in the MUV section.

Quote:

Originally Posted by H3LIOS (Post 1196982)
Going through this thread, it seems like the OM611 has been in the "to-be-introduced-shortly" stage for the past three years.

True In fact I waited 2 years for it before I put my foot down and got the Gurkha. Now theI have been promised me a TD of TT in April with 611. The reports are that one batch is ready.

To get these vehicles in Trax i.e. Gurkha or Judo will have another long wait unless and until we can unite and give them firm order for certain number of vehicles.
I will speak to them again and confirm the minimum number of orders for the production.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4x4addict (Post 1197425)
Dude !

For God's sake, do not mention the Rhino in this thread. Please start a separate thread in the MUV section.

True. Already this thread had had it's fair share of issues!
:deadhorse Only Trax please:!

Quote:

Originally Posted by rhandle (Post 1198252)
until we can unite and give them firm order for certain number of vehicles.
I will speak to them again and confirm the minimum number of orders for the production.

Count me in for a softop with the new OM611 engine :)

Quote:

they have promised me a TD of TT in April with 611. The reports are that one batch is ready.

And we expect you to submit a full report as soon as you complete your TD of the 611 powered Traveller :)
Do you by any chance know which version of the OM611 Force is planning to deploy in its vehicle? The Wikipedia page on the OM611 shows NINE versions of it, with power and torque ranging from 101 hp / 235 N-m to 141 hp / 315 N-m.

Quote:

To get these vehicles in Trax i.e. Gurkha or Judo will have another long wait unless and until we can unite and give them firm order for certain number of vehicles. I will speak to them again and confirm the minimum number of orders for the production.

I wonder what price Force would ask for a Judo 4WD with the OM611 engine!! If it is reasonably priced I would definitely be interested. I tried to buy a GAMA last month with the 75HP engine - but was told that the engine is no longer offered on the GAMA. If this group buy thing is something that might happen in the next couple of months, I can hold off purchasing a vehicle till then. But looking at Force's track record, I am not confident about it.

This OM611 would be the 138 PS one helios bhai!

I am in touch with the person every three days!

Also the price of Judo wont be more than 10 On-road. Now compare it with safari and let me know. My Safari is already showing signs of old age after covering 65K kms.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rhandle (Post 1199442)
This OM611 would be the 138 PS one helios bhai!

I am in touch with the person every three days!

Also the price of Judo wont be more than 10 On-road. Now compare it with safari and let me know. My Safari is already showing signs of old age after covering 65K kms.

Hey, thanks for the info.

A 4WD Judo for 10L on-road doesn't sound so bad, hope it includes some basic creature comforts like AC & PS. I am assuming it will also have differential locks - even though I don't have a clue on how to use them :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by DKG (Post 1198293)
Count me in for a softop with the new OM611 engine :)

I would. I spoke to them and he said they are working on the mountings for the engine to be based on Trax body (Gurkha/Judo). As soon as it is ready he would let me know.

Quote:

Originally Posted by H3LIOS (Post 1199760)
Hey, thanks for the info.

A 4WD Judo for 10L on-road doesn't sound so bad, hope it includes some basic creature comforts like AC & PS. I am assuming it will also have differential locks - even though I don't have a clue on how to use them :D

AC & PS would be standard along with Diff. locks. Using them is easy... but figuring out the right time and right place to use them is difficult ;)!

I have not yet had any chance to test out the diff locks, it is crossing everything with ease.

Bit confused, Mercedes no longer has a tie-up with Force right? How do they get the OM 611?

Or am i missing something?

Force made the engine for am and still does, and now they have purchased the license to build.

Dear Friends,
Do check this link
It is an ownership report from Rahul of his new GURKHA!!
Cheers,
Deepak

Count on me for a soft top with OM611 coupled with newly developed Gear Box and PS.

Payment 100% advance by DD. It will be bonus if you can bargain dealer commission passed on to TBHP Group booking as a discount.