Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th October 2012, 01:09   #31
BHPian

Re: CJ3B - A Dying breed in India

If all goes well, may be i can pick up a PROJECT too.
A modern Cj3b like lynx!
kcj3b is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th October 2012, 13:03   #32
Senior - BHPian

kcj3b,

Picking up a done up 3B like the Lynx is a very slim chance, you should not miss should you come across one.
Jeep like the Lynx are not bought, they are built. Just like the paradox about Jeeps.
Regards,
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcj3b View Post
If all goes well, may be i can pick up a PROJECT too.
A modern Cj3b like lynx!
Old 30th October 2012, 13:11   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazalaliadil
kcj3b,

Picking up a done up 3B like the Lynx is a very slim chance, you should not miss should you come across one.
Jeep like the Lynx are not bought, they are built. Just like the paradox about Jeeps.
Regards,
Fazal bhai,

Thats why I called it a "Project".
Project of building one , buying one of course can never be an option.
Regards
Junaid
kcj3b is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2015, 11:30   #34
BHPian

Reviving this old thread. Someone is offering me a restored/well-maintained 1969 CJ3B, but with a Bolero DI engine.

Asking price is a bit high (for me) around 4 big ones, but does it make sense getting one or should one hunt for a used Thar instead (harder to find, I think)?

My purpose would not be OTRs, but a Jeep thing for hills.
Old 17th July 2015, 12:16   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by johy View Post
Asking price is a bit high (for me) around 4 big ones, but does it make sense getting one or should one hunt for a used Thar instead (harder to find, I think)?

Thar anytime, their availability in second hand market is better than original CJ3B.
Being MWB, they are more comfortable than CJ3B, with modern underpinnings (disc brake, better noise insulation) and spacious as well.
CJ3B makes sense to people who are purists and die hard Jeep fan.

Shubhendra Singh
Shubhendra is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st August 2015, 23:39   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by johy View Post
Reviving this old thread. Someone is offering me a restored/well-maintained 1969 CJ3B, but with a Bolero DI engine.

Johy, i believe you should be deciding whether you want a 3B or any jeep. You need to look for a 3B in todays world only if you are crazy enough. A diezelized 3B-oh my god no, you cant call it a 3B please. If its functionality you are looking for then maybe the bolero would be better...

If i wanted a new 3B, i would luk for the same old fender and bonnet combination, infact the same tub. But a new 1.6-1.8 ltr engine (only petrol please) or maybe even 2.0 ltr, but with torque low down in the rpm range. New synchromesh gears will do. 4speed would be adequate but would need proper spacing out. Max speed of 100 kmph would be fine, thank you. But cruising capability of 60-70 would be essential. Soft top like the classic. Anything but plastic on the dashboard. Infact would prefer the original gauge and meter layout on the metal dash. Roll over bar, individual bucket seats at front. That would be all for a start

Last edited by ATUL SINGH : 1st August 2015 at 23:57. Reason: More
ATUL SINGH is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2015, 00:00   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATUL SINGH View Post
Johy, i believe you should be deciding whether you want a 3B or any jeep. You need to look for a 3B in todays world only if you are crazy enough. A diezelized 3B-oh my god no, you cant call it a 3B please. If its functionality you are looking for then maybe the bolero would be better...

If i wanted a new 3B, i would luk for the same old fender and bonnet combination, infact the same tub. But a new 1.6-1.8 ltr engine (only petrol please) or maybe even 2.0 ltr, but with torque low down in the rpm range. New synchromesh gears will do. 4speed would be adequate but would need proper spacing out. Max speed of 100 kmph would be fine, thank you. But cruising capability of 60-70 would be essential. Soft top like the classic. Anything but plastic on the dashboard. Infact would prefer the original gauge and meter layout on the metal dash. Roll over bar, individual bucket seats at front. That would be all for a start
On this note .i saw you a couple of days back in Oklha Ind area. The CJ looked like a balm for sore eyes in a sea of dzires and accents .

While we may lament the demise of the breed . A salute to you for keeping it alive , and allowing us a glimpse to a forgotten past. !
wbd8779 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2015, 08:54   #38
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)
Re: Death of Cj3b

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazalaliadil View Post
kcj3b,

What you are stating is true, the reason why the owners of this breed are never willing to part with their 3B's.

As a tribute to your thread I am attaching a picture of a CJ3B, that was restored to its original glory.
Regards,
Attachment 1000075

Attachment 1000076
This looks superb. The restoration job is fantastic indeed.
Saying that, I tried getting into one some time ago and there is no way a man of my height, bulk and size will fit into it in comfort!
shankar.balan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2015, 13:42   #39
BHPian

I still cant understand the logic of disposing off the dies of the 3B by M&M. Anyways, since @8779 has so fondly mentioned my 3B, here's a rear 2/3 photo which i took of it after putting the first sticker on it after nearly 5 years since i purchased this gem.
Attached Thumbnails
CJ3B - A Dying breed in India-slide1.jpg  

Last edited by ATUL SINGH : 27th September 2015 at 13:43. Reason: spelling mistake
ATUL SINGH is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks