Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 6th November 2013, 12:53   #91
BHPian
 
vroom666's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 133
Thanked: 71 Times
Default Re: The new MG416W Gypsy in town...well, sort of!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Just go with offset wheels, don't tamper anything else if its working well. You will have major headaches ones you try to mod critical steering or suspension controls, best avoided.
Thanks Jaggu - will stick to your advice of -ve offset wheels. Any recommendation on the ET? The steel ones which VijiSir is selling in Swastikviji is -30. Will that be an overkill? I saw some online with around -13 ET. What's a good offset value to stick to keeping in mind onroad/offroad usage of 60/40 respectively.
vroom666 is offline  
Old 6th November 2013, 13:20   #92
Team-BHP Support
 
Jaggu's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 19,565
Thanked: 13,056 Times
Default Re: The new MG416W Gypsy in town...well, sort of!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vroom666 View Post
Thanks Jaggu - will stick to your advice of -ve offset wheels. Any recommendation on the ET? The steel ones which VijiSir is selling in Swastikviji is -30. Will that be an overkill? I saw some online with around -13 ET. What's a good offset value to stick to keeping in mind onroad/offroad usage of 60/40 respectively.
Haven't heard any bad reviews of Swastikfabs steel rims, and i really like the design, have to admit Again its a personal choice, looks price etc But first check how much of clearance you would need, then decide on what is the minimum offset needed. Very difficult to comment looking at pics.
Jaggu is offline  
Old 11th November 2013, 16:46   #93
BHPian
 
vroom666's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 133
Thanked: 71 Times
Default Re: The new MG416W Gypsy in town...well, sort of!

A sneak peek of current status. Work is happening very slowly so have asked the guys at the garage to buck up a little and expedite things.

The new MG416W Gypsy in town...well, sort of!-short.jpg
The new MG416W Gypsy in town...well, sort of!-short1.jpg
The new MG416W Gypsy in town...well, sort of!-short2.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by amardeepmd View Post
... Will hopefully post some pictures this weekend...
Amar - What is your Gypsy status? Am curious to see now :-)

Last edited by vroom666 : 11th November 2013 at 16:48.
vroom666 is offline  
Old 9th December 2013, 15:33   #94
BHPian
 
amardeepmd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Chennai
Posts: 36
Thanked: 15 Times
Default Re: The new MG416W Gypsy in town...well, sort of!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vroom666 View Post
A sneak peek of current status. Work is happening very slowly so have asked the guys at the garage to buck up a little and expedite things.

Attachment 1164231
Attachment 1164232
Attachment 1164233


Amar - What is your Gypsy status? Am curious to see now :-)
Hi Chetan,

Have been very tied up with stuff and, as a result, my Gypsy work slowed down considerably. The good news is that the 3" lift kit has been installed along with the shackles and 5" shocks. Finishing is taking place. The bad news, for my pocket, is that I now need new tyres. The existing shoes look seriously puny. A couple of pics attached. I hope to have her ready for the January 4-5 CORE excursion.
Attached Thumbnails
The new MG416W Gypsy in town...well, sort of!-wp_20131209_001-2.jpg  

The new MG416W Gypsy in town...well, sort of!-wp_20131209_002-1.jpg  

amardeepmd is offline  
Old 12th December 2013, 22:22   #95
BHPian
 
amardeepmd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Chennai
Posts: 36
Thanked: 15 Times
Default Re: The new MG416W Gypsy in town...well, sort of!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amardeepmd View Post
Hi Chetan,

Have been very tied up with stuff and, as a result, my Gypsy work slowed down considerably. The good news is that the 3" lift kit has been installed along with the shackles and 5" shocks. Finishing is taking place. The bad news, for my pocket, is that I now need new tyres. The existing shoes look seriously puny. A couple of pics attached. I hope to have her ready for the January 4-5 CORE excursion.
BTW, to all the experts. Any suggestions for tyres, now that the body has been lifted? I am inclined towards MAXXIS Bighorns but would love to get some feedback.
amardeepmd is offline  
Reply

Most Viewed
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Copyright 2000 - 2021, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks