Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th November 2013, 12:53   #91
BHPian

Re: The new MG416W Gypsy in town...well, sort of!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Just go with offset wheels, don't tamper anything else if its working well. You will have major headaches ones you try to mod critical steering or suspension controls, best avoided.
Thanks Jaggu - will stick to your advice of -ve offset wheels. Any recommendation on the ET? The steel ones which VijiSir is selling in Swastikviji is -30. Will that be an overkill? I saw some online with around -13 ET. What's a good offset value to stick to keeping in mind onroad/offroad usage of 60/40 respectively.
Old 6th November 2013, 13:20   #92
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vroom666 View Post
Thanks Jaggu - will stick to your advice of -ve offset wheels. Any recommendation on the ET? The steel ones which VijiSir is selling in Swastikviji is -30. Will that be an overkill? I saw some online with around -13 ET. What's a good offset value to stick to keeping in mind onroad/offroad usage of 60/40 respectively.
Haven't heard any bad reviews of Swastikfabs steel rims, and i really like the design, have to admit Again its a personal choice, looks price etc But first check how much of clearance you would need, then decide on what is the minimum offset needed. Very difficult to comment looking at pics.
Old 11th November 2013, 16:46   #93
BHPian

A sneak peek of current status. Work is happening very slowly so have asked the guys at the garage to buck up a little and expedite things.

The new MG416W Gypsy in town...well, sort of!-short.jpg
The new MG416W Gypsy in town...well, sort of!-short1.jpg
The new MG416W Gypsy in town...well, sort of!-short2.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by amardeepmd View Post
... Will hopefully post some pictures this weekend...
Amar - What is your Gypsy status? Am curious to see now :-)

Last edited by vroom666 : 11th November 2013 at 16:48.
Old 9th December 2013, 15:33   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vroom666 View Post
A sneak peek of current status. Work is happening very slowly so have asked the guys at the garage to buck up a little and expedite things.

Attachment 1164231
Attachment 1164232
Attachment 1164233

Amar - What is your Gypsy status? Am curious to see now :-)
Hi Chetan,

Have been very tied up with stuff and, as a result, my Gypsy work slowed down considerably. The good news is that the 3" lift kit has been installed along with the shackles and 5" shocks. Finishing is taking place. The bad news, for my pocket, is that I now need new tyres. The existing shoes look seriously puny. A couple of pics attached. I hope to have her ready for the January 4-5 CORE excursion.
Attached Thumbnails
The new MG416W Gypsy in town...well, sort of!-wp_20131209_001-2.jpg  

The new MG416W Gypsy in town...well, sort of!-wp_20131209_002-1.jpg  

Old 12th December 2013, 22:22   #95
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amardeepmd View Post
Hi Chetan,

Have been very tied up with stuff and, as a result, my Gypsy work slowed down considerably. The good news is that the 3" lift kit has been installed along with the shackles and 5" shocks. Finishing is taking place. The bad news, for my pocket, is that I now need new tyres. The existing shoes look seriously puny. A couple of pics attached. I hope to have her ready for the January 4-5 CORE excursion.
BTW, to all the experts. Any suggestions for tyres, now that the body has been lifted? I am inclined towards MAXXIS Bighorns but would love to get some feedback.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks