Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th August 2014, 19:40   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The Do-It-Yourself Jeep Rebuild - With the Nissan SD25, Turbocharged!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinn View Post
Dhanush - Really impressive build list.
Thanks
Quote:
I wanted to know how did you achieve this "Reduced as much as possible in stock body" I mean what did you do, removed anything in particular?
Thin sheet metal than usual, No rear seats, removed metal and support in some places .
Quote:
On the Bolero Camper MRCBT Steering, how are they on your setup? because my cousin has a bolero with the same setup and I feel ts not worthy at all. Its takes the similar effort that we use on our 540..
I have run this set up with 51 inch 540 type axle, as well as 57" OKBJ. The effort is considerably easy with the wider axles. However, when I was running it in 550 axles also, though more effort was needed, it was better than the Jeep axles during running. At stand-still, more or less the same.
Quote:
I am curious why did you go for 15" tires? For the engine GB combination of your Jeep 16" would have been apt I believe.
My tyre size is 32 x 11.5 x 15 = +10.3% dia, +24.3% width, +31.2% , +31.2% sidewall, +10.6% circumference more than a standard 235/70-16 inch tyre.
Quote:
EDIT: Manual Turbo? and is it sequential?
The engine, in its stock form is Naturally Aspirated. I have turbocharged it.
dhanushs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2014, 14:35   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The Do-It-Yourself Jeep Rebuild - With the Nissan SD25, Turbocharged!

All the work on the Jeep was done by my neighbour, and me, with the help of helpers on a daily wage basis in home premises.

We decided to remove the body and, work from the chassis, so that access and taking measurements was easy, to lay the foundation and work for the engine swap.

So, the dismantling starts.

The Do-It-Yourself Jeep Rebuild - With the Nissan SD25, Turbocharged!-img_3596.jpg

The Do-It-Yourself Jeep Rebuild - With the Nissan SD25, Turbocharged!-img_3599.jpg

The Do-It-Yourself Jeep Rebuild - With the Nissan SD25, Turbocharged!-img_3601.jpg

Well, as the body is removed completely, decided to remove the rusty areas, and also do some weight reduction.

The Do-It-Yourself Jeep Rebuild - With the Nissan SD25, Turbocharged!-img_3602.jpg

The body removed and placed for small scale tinkering.

The Do-It-Yourself Jeep Rebuild - With the Nissan SD25, Turbocharged!-img_3612.jpg

In a couple of days, the whole Jeep, was reduced to this.

The Do-It-Yourself Jeep Rebuild - With the Nissan SD25, Turbocharged!-img_3613.jpg

The Do-It-Yourself Jeep Rebuild - With the Nissan SD25, Turbocharged!-img_3614.jpg
dhanushs is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks