Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd April 2022, 15:59   #16

Re: How I ended up with my childhood crush - Maruti Gypsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by NavtejS View Post
Congratulations on your childhood dream!! My mom used to drive a dark blue ex army 1994 MG410 gypsy. Had a third door for ingress. Dont think it had an AC.
Always wanted to have one in white.
Hi Navtej, Just curious, Do you have a Kolkata connection?
MotoStar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th April 2022, 22:28   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoStar View Post
Hi Navtej, Just curious, Do you have a Kolkata connection?
Hi Motostar actually I am from Chandigarh.
NavtejS is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2022, 16:44   #18
BHPian

Couple of updates:

Taking reference from bhpian Shubhendra, I gave my Gypsy to Shetty's multicar service. A long list of to-do work was pending. Following things were fixed/changed/repaired:

Earthing issue: Had ordered new earthing wire from Boodmo. Alongwith this, few other earthing contacts were repaired and fixed.

Overheating: A major issue. Due to the earthing issue, my fuel gauge and temperature gauge used to max out. Temperature gauge maxing out was an issue since I was not sure if it was maxing out due to earthing or it was really overheating. Coolant water was not reducing. I probably drove in such conditions for quite a while. When checked it was found that the internals of the radiator had gone bad. Since it was a custom built radiator, it was replaced. Heating issue was still occurring, so after changing the water pump assembly as well, final culprit was found to be a blown gasket. Purely my mistake. Gasket was replaced and cylinder head was fixed. Meanwhile Mr Shetty did all trials using electric fan as well. Finally after changing radiator, water pump and gasket, overheating issue was finally solved.

Had ordered lot of tidbits from boodmo, utilising their free delivery offer. Fitted new rear indicators, side indicators as well. Change pedal pads as the old ones were worn out.

All in all a dent of 25k. Major costs being that of fixing the overheating issue.

After spending almost a month and half at garage, Gypsy was back in action. Did a trip to Visapur fort:

How I ended up with my childhood crush - Maruti Gypsy-pxl_20220625_02025348101.jpeg

No overheating issues came up in this trip. So mostly it is permanently fixed . This was shortlived though, since post monsoons arrived, one fine morning it simply refused to start .

Battery issue was rule out as it was cranking properly and there was no visible battery drain observed. I suspected this to be caused by water seepage busting some electricals. Local mechanic came and checked all fuses, relays and figured out that current was not getting generated in spark plug. Called up Mr Shetty and he promptly sent his electrician home. After hours finally by some wiring jugaad he was able to start. Carefully drove her to garage. It needed a thorough check. My only concern was about the control module damage, since it is quite expensive. Luckily few wiring fixes sorted the issue. Now I do make sure to drive around for a while every 2-3 days.
Dodge_Viper is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2022, 16:06   #19
BHPian

Some pics from Jadhavwadi dam excursion. Found a small hillock which was climbable. Since mine was the only 4x4 decided to walk the path first and then charted out a route. The trail was not difficult however due to rains was bit slushy and slippery. Engaged 4x4 while climbing and coming down.

How I ended up with my childhood crush - Maruti Gypsy-pxl_20220723_02040218501.jpeg

How I ended up with my childhood crush - Maruti Gypsy-pxl_20220723_02290296501.jpeg

How I ended up with my childhood crush - Maruti Gypsy-pxl_20220723_02420506501.jpeg

How I ended up with my childhood crush - Maruti Gypsy-pxl_20220723_02365612401.jpeg

How I ended up with my childhood crush - Maruti Gypsy-pxl_20220723_02454310001.jpeg

How I ended up with my childhood crush - Maruti Gypsy-pxl_20220723_02390791201.jpeg

How I ended up with my childhood crush - Maruti Gypsy-pxl_20220723_021556306.portrait01.jpeg

Dodge_Viper is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks