Team-BHP - Jeep --- The untold story.
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   4x4 Vehicles (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-vehicles/)
-   -   Jeep --- The untold story. (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-vehicles/37171-jeep-untold-story-3.html)

DKG,
If it is a traditional D44 axle then yes what you ask is true. On the other hand, Dana has produced some axles that they have called D44's but other common D44 parts will not fit them. The biggest ones that I am aware of are in rear of the Jeep Grand Cherokee and Nissan Titan. What application are you looking at?

Quote:

Originally Posted by OXARMY1 (Post 903184)
What application are you looking at?

Until I acquire a decent offroader I've been using a small pickup truck for exploring forest trails. Often due to the rigid suspension one of the rear drive wheels tends to lift off the ground causing loss of traction. I wanted the diff lock to enable me to retain traction to the other drive wheel. Besides I bought this truck for a camper I am fabricating and there remains a strong possibility of using this truck for offroad trails.

I was also contemplating redoing the handbrake to hold each wheel independently so I could brake one wheel to enable traction. This would be a solution till I get a difflock installed.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DKG (Post 904040)
Until I acquire a decent offroader I've been using a small pickup truck for exploring forest trails. Often due to the rigid suspension one of the rear drive wheels tends to lift off the ground causing loss of traction. I wanted the diff lock to enable me to retain traction to the other drive wheel. Besides I bought this truck for a camper I am fabricating and there remains a strong possibility of using this truck for offroad trails.

I was also contemplating redoing the handbrake to hold each wheel independently so I could brake one wheel to enable traction. This would be a solution till I get a difflock installed.

DKG, Pickup truck sounds interesting. Which pick up?

Hi all,

To Continue the Jeep Story, I wanted to know the story behind this jeep.

I am not sure what jeep this is, but it was sold to a friend of mine saying its a Willys. I am sure its not a Willys. What I want to know is what is it. MM340 / CJ340 / CJ3B / ????.

Its a 2 Wheel drive with a Amby Isuzu engine and gear box.

To me this is a Pudupet Jeep on a body of a RHD Mahindra version of the CJ3B. (Put together in some shed with rubbish parts)

It handles like a skate board at even 50kmph, but I must say it turns heads and we got the thumbs up from every other vehicle on ECR.

Mods, If this is the wrong thread, please move it. Did not want to start a new thread for this.

The front end is from a CJ-3A, Willys. The vehicle is a terrible mess.

It also has power steering if I am not mistaken.:eek:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Samurai (Post 914373)
It also has power steering if I am not mistaken.:eek:

Yes it has a R&P setup, with the rack mounted on the chassis!:eek:

This is setup is a disaster as far as handling and safety are concerened.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Samurai (Post 914373)
It also has power steering

No looks like a rack and pinion steering. How you got impression of power steering?

IMHO It definitely is not a Willy.

@Sudev

That could be a power R&P, I think I can see a couple of hydraulic lines there.

For the size of the wheels, the steering wheel was relatively easy to turn. I have not driven a jeep with such oversized tires however felt like there was some assistance.

Steering does not align on a straight line easily. once in straight line, once every 2-3 km is starts swaying a bit.

Sudden corrections on the highway felt scary, hence we only maintained 60-70Max.

Nothing to compare a open jeep experience. Just to give you an idea.. (excuse the flab, mods delete pic if too obscene :) )

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alfa_Kilo (Post 914379)
Yes it has a R&P setup, with the rack mounted on the chassis!:eek:

This is setup is a disaster as far as handling and safety are concerened.

Hence the uneven tyre wear.

Quote:

Originally Posted by IronWolf (Post 913971)
Hi all,

To Continue the Jeep Story, I wanted to know the story behind this jeep.

I am not sure what jeep this is, but it was sold to a friend of mine saying its a Willys. I am sure its not a Willys. What I want to know is what is it. MM340 / CJ340 / CJ3B / ????.

Its a 2 Wheel drive with a Amby Isuzu engine and gear box.

To me this is a Pudupet Jeep on a body of a RHD Mahindra version of the CJ3B. (Put together in some shed with rubbish parts)

It handles like a skate board at even 50kmph, but I must say it turns heads and we got the thumbs up from every other vehicle on ECR.

Mods, If this is the wrong thread, please move it. Did not want to start a new thread for this.

WHats with the number plate?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alfa_Kilo (Post 914387)
@Sudev

That could be a power R&P, I think I can see a couple of hydraulic lines there.

Where?

Quote:

Originally Posted by SirAlec (Post 916541)
WHats with the number plate?

Come on Sir, I just cut and pasted the TN all over to cover the number plate. lol:

By the way, can you give Wajid a call for me. Unable to get in touch with him on any of the numbers. please:

Came across this thread today. Must say, beautiful pics and it gives me immense pleasure to know that such events are being organised!

Quote:

Originally Posted by IronWolf (Post 916560)
Come on Sir, I just cut and pasted the TN all over to cover the number plate. lol:

By the way, can you give Wajid a call for me. Unable to get in touch with him on any of the numbers. please:

Lolz! stupid:

Will call him tomorrow on his land number.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dussey (Post 884564)
Hi, I am an avid Jeep Enthusiast from Chennai,more or less obsessed
with the thing called the 'Jeep' . The 16 Mar event organised by the HVOCT most certainly is a great tribute to the Jeep ! Was any material handed out during the event.Would appreciate if you could give a copy.
What a pity M & M have discontinued the SWB CJ3B, the last of the "flatfenders " ! Posting a pic of my 1942 Ford GPW.

Nice Jeep Dussey,

Very well restored with all genuine parts intact.

I love the colour.

Regards,

Randeep