Re: Cost of rebuilding a JEEP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ex670c View Post
Hi Dirty Dan,

1) Chassis - 5-10K
2) Body 10-20K
3) Engine - 7-60K (B275 - XD3P)
4) Gbox & Tcase - 4-15K
5) Front Diff - 4-10K (Including Axle, brake drums, hubs spindles)
6) Rear Diff - 4-10K
7) Leaf Springs - 1-5K
8)Shock Absorbers - 1-4K
9) Paint - 5-10K
10) Electricals - 5-8K
11) Brakes - 3-8K
12) Tyres - 12-40K (including rims/wheel discs)
13) Soft tops - 2-10K
14) Steering - 3-10K ( Manual worm & roller or Recirculating ball)
15) Labour for Assembly - 5-15K

Now do the maths add the total and figure out what the JEEP you are going to buy has or does not have.

A good functional JEEP cost Rs 1.5L to Rs 2.5L Depending on the accessories.

This is for both petrol & diesel engines.

Regards,

Arka
Dear sir,

I have mm international engine on my jeep ,i want to get the engine overhaul , my only concern is whether all the parts needed for the overhaul is readily available off the shelf .Please let me know
Old 16th May 2011, 10:37   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueblooded View Post
Dear sir,

I have mm international engine on my jeep ,i want to get the engine overhaul , my only concern is whether all the parts needed for the overhaul is readily available off the shelf .Please let me know
Hi Blue,

Which year is your JEEP?

Parts for the B275 should be easily available.

Regards,

Arka
Old 16th May 2011, 13:09   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Blue,

Which year is your JEEP?

Parts for the B275 should be easily available.

Regards,

Arka
Sir its 1985 CL500 ,if my jeeping knowledge is even .01% of you ,its mahindra international.Recently i have got it serviced.I was told by the mechanic that engine has very weak compression and may need overhaul.
Could you please tell me how to truly judge if the engine needs complete overhaul
Old 16th May 2011, 14:15   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueblooded View Post
Sir its 1985 CL500 ,if my jeeping knowledge is even .01% of you ,its mahindra international.Recently i have got it serviced.I was told by the mechanic that engine has very weak compression and may need overhaul.
Could you please tell me how to truly judge if the engine needs complete overhaul
Hi Blueblooded SIRJI,

My knowledge is not even 0.0001% of some experienced members on this forum.

Please do the following.

1) After a normal days driving, park the JEEP with the engine running, open the bonnet and remove the breather cap on the valve door.
While the engine is running, if there is a whitish smoke from the breather/Valve door cap then the engine is weak i.e losing compression.

2) Check if there is excessive whitish-Blue smoke from the exhaust while accelerating hard, and burnt engine oil smell.

3) Check the engine oil level over 2-3 Weeks, if engine oil level has dropped, then the engine has weak compression and burning engine oil.

4) Inspect the engine for visible oil-leaks for loose fittings/couplings.

How long ago did you purchase your JEEP, and what do you use it for?

Regards,

Arka
ex670c is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th May 2011, 19:05   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Blueblooded SIRJI,

My knowledge is not even 0.0001% of some experienced members on this forum.

Please do the following.

1) After a normal days driving, park the JEEP with the engine running, open the bonnet and remove the breather cap on the valve door.
While the engine is running, if there is a whitish smoke from the breather/Valve door cap then the engine is weak i.e losing compression.

2) Check if there is excessive whitish-Blue smoke from the exhaust while accelerating hard, and burnt engine oil smell.

3) Check the engine oil level over 2-3 Weeks, if engine oil level has dropped, then the engine has weak compression and burning engine oil.

4) Inspect the engine for visible oil-leaks for loose fittings/couplings.

How long ago did you purchase your JEEP, and what do you use it for?

Regards,

Arka
Thanx arka, for your detailed elaboration for my query,Its been with me since march this year.The vehicle belongs to close family friend of ours and who doesnot need it anymore.
It had been converted to 4W drive and along came the 5speed gear box.I dont know the details of which gearbox and front wheel drive mechanism was mated to it as i was not there overseeing it .
The body is in great condition except needing a paint job.
As of now I am busy with my exams ,thats why unable to pay much attention to it .I will surely post its pictures soon for jeep gurus to comment and suggest.I have checked the front wheel drive , and its working quite fine .
And once we drove it almost 15 kms only on front wheel after rear propeller shaft went berserk much to the amazement of village folks who had gathered around our vehicle hoping us to spend whole night on the highway
blueblooded is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks