Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles

Search this Thread
Old 15th April 2009, 16:56   #16
Senior - BHPian

Well 1.4 is a huge price your paying for it and its not worth that much. People were asking 1.2 for a our good condition MM540 xd so 1.4 for a huge price.

Anyways looks like it was diwali time so please proceed with the story as i believe 5 to 6 months are over after that
Old 15th April 2009, 20:08   #17
BHPian

Well, forgive my lack of knowledge on this topic but I think I agree with GoSlow that it does not seem like a MM540/550 it seems more like from the CJ series.

Or may be since the gurus are not saying anything in that aspect is that this is an erstwhile MM540/550 that has been modded to look like a CJ?

Some one please shed some light on this subject
Old 16th April 2009, 00:33   #18
BHPian

Hello All,

Everybody seems to have the same notion about the jeep and its price...understandable.

First of all why I named this thread as mm550xd ?...Guys just keep an eye on the thread..everything will be clarified, dont worry.

Secondly, the jeep was made from the scratches.After it was made this far the dealer discarded the project.Actually it was his father who was making this one to gift him for his marriage (thats what I got to know). That was a few years back and eversince in was lying in the open like this, thats the reason it got so much rusted.I spoke to UBS sir for the rusted body but he assured me that it could be taken care of.The engine was almost of new condition. the rust on the engine formed only on the cover on the head..dont know what its called. Yes it doesnt have the 4x4 setup nor did it has the suspended pedals or disc brakes.I understood it was not a classic but my contract was to make it a decent one a like of classic look as I knew at 1.4 Iacs would never get a real classic. i even told him that it should have the alloy wheels. He had a set of used alloys which were kept for this purpose only.

To Arka,
Yes you are right about the PCD. One more thing the rear axle is also full floating.

Regards...Saikat

A friend of mine checked the previous post and asked me why I spelled Gipsy as Jipsy...well for all of you, I always liked Gipsy and i feel its Jeep jaisi
Old 16th April 2009, 00:48   #19
BHPian

Thats a cj or a mm 540 and never a 550,i think its one of the old CL models (older lwb major) because just some time back we shortened a similer looking jeep. The engine and the rectangular holes in the rear bumper look very much similer. Try to get the photos.
Old 16th April 2009, 09:47   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4 loaded View Post
..First of all why I named this thread as mm550xd ?...Guys just keep an eye on the thread..everything will be clarified, dont worry.
Yeah i guessed so, after all nobody would have termed that model of the jeep as 540 or 550 if he has browsed through the forum.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4 loaded View Post
A friend of mine checked the previous post and asked me why I spelled Gipsy as Jipsy...well for all of you, I always liked Gipsy and i feel its Jeep jaisi
Well it is actually Gypsy. Never mind
-regards,
Old 17th April 2009, 21:23   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kandisa View Post
Well it is actually Gypsy. Never mind
-regards,
Hey thanks to bring that blunder into notice
Old 18th April 2009, 10:18   #22
Senior - BHPian

Well everyone has made their comments about this jeep and I totally agree with them. This is not worth 140k.
So if you have made this deal then there's nothing that can be done about it, if not then there is a MM550 here in mayapuri, in proper driveable condition, repainted, denting work done, but not registered. The going rate is 1.2L.
I had even posted a pic of that jeep in my thread.
If interested do send me a PM and Ill give you the number of the guy who is selling the jeep.
Old 18th April 2009, 13:21   #23
BHPian

If you're looking for a modified jeep, then there's half a built jeep here that has i think has, a 80" Wb chassis, 540 modded body to look like the older square light wrangler, and yeh,its standing next to a 1930's RollysRoyce(jodhpur), a Ford Mustang(mannu sharma's), and a Ford GPW that has some sort to folding trailer(not stock options) towed behind it. All standing at a neighbour's garage, and i ain't supposed to click pictures there.
Old 19th April 2009, 00:23   #24

man its no way a 550 for sure.
Old 28th April 2009, 03:34   #25
BHPian

Hi all,
Everybody in this forum seems to be dead against this project.Even Uday sir told me that the price was towards the higher side but by that time we had already paid the dealer in advance.We were very excited about the classic look were too anxious to get the project done.As I told earlier the body work was supposed to be done by Mrityunda who was preoccupied with other works and said he wont be free for atleast a month.At this time he was modding a Willys Jeep which was very impressive, will post some pics of it later on if I manage to get.It was close to 2 months that he was free.Weeks went by even after that but no work was done.The dealer said he will send some money and parts to the garage for the work to start and in the meantime will complete the paperworks for the jeep.Mrityunda had some pending bills lying with this dealer since along time (which we came to know later on) and hence was not willing to start off the project without getting the dues. On being asked the dealer kept on giving stupid excuses. It was close to four months by then.We had to wait 2 months for Mrityunda getting free and now this new drama of the dealer.Just imagine how anxious and excited we were all this time but it was time for us to decide....we called off the deal and took back the advance we had paid the dealer.
Old 28th April 2009, 10:34   #26
Senior - BHPian

Good job you called off the deal. To be honest it was not worth even half the amount you had settled on.
Old 28th April 2009, 14:36   #27
BHPian

Great man only you should have done it a bit earlier. Thats a DI engine its got that jeep sure is a old CL LWB model.
Old 28th April 2009, 16:20   #28
Senior - BHPian

I am very confused. That is certainly not anything close to the MM5x0 rustline.

Secondly it looks highly overpriced to be on the north side of 1 Lac.
Old 28th April 2009, 21:36   #29
Senior - BHPian

Whatever happened in the end deal called off ...dont know, but "this jeep" got many on the forum very very worried.
Old 28th April 2009, 23:36   #30
Senior - BHPian

I will tell you what it is... hmmm I guess this is Mahindra CJ500D model medium chassis jeep with International B275 engine powered.

The MM550/540 XD means Peugeot XD3P engine not B275 dude. Hence I'm pretty sure this is a CJ500D model Mahindra Jeep of yester years. For other who thought it is a CJ/CL 340, actually CJ/CL 340 jeeps are short chassis jeeps

why did I say this is B275 not XD3P is that the exhaust port shown in the engine has only 2 outlets from the engine block where in Peugeot engines got 4. Hope I'm correct on my point.

Last edited by trammway : 28th April 2009 at 23:38.

Most Viewed