Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th July 2009, 12:27   #76
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by discoverwild View Post
One dealer in Chennai quoted an absurd 1.98L for the auctioned MM550 plus 20K for registration !!

Unfortunately, my MM550 dreams will have to wait as unforeseen expenses washed my savings away.
2Lakhs for an ex-army scrap MM550!! that must be a joke dude!

it makes me think i should get into a business of supplying jeeps from Mayapuri to die hard fans of MM JEEPS from south!

take photos of scrap jeeps from mayapuri, put them online, arrange the negotiations of the price, arranging the transport to chennai and bangalore!

what you guys say?
Old 17th July 2009, 12:56   #77
Senior - BHPian

I agree with Narayan on this!!!

Come down to Delhi and atleast pay reasonable amount of money!!!

Mayapuri is the place to be and transport don't worry. These guys arrange everything!!!
Feroz paid 18k for the transport to Calicut!!! If you hunt around you can save a couple of K's!!!

On a serious though
If I arrange everything buying, transportation etc what is the price that someone will be willing to pay for a vehicle that is in Tramway's post # 66 let s say ex Bangalore???
Old 17th July 2009, 18:00   #78
Senior - BHPian

Guys,

The Jeep MM550 which I bought it for Shibu for the quoted mount. The negotiations started from Rs. 1.45L, however this one came with clean body, rest in the lot has very bad body line and few with bomb blast signs.

Prior to this, we also purchased the MM550 rims from the same scrap dealer for Rs.2500 for each rims. We all know what we pay for these jeeps are day light robbery but where is the alternate?

I checked with couple of people in Mayapuri, though the price is cheap but no option for getting it registered, governmental issues.

2nd logistics and number of visits required to corner a jeep in mayapuri may take a huge toll. (no of visits + stay + travel fare + paper work co-ordination etc etc.)

3nd even if we can registered it in nearby states to delhi lets say punjab which address we will register ? again the logistics, transport and same stories

what we had an option is to buy either a used MM550 or the ones from Army surplus vendors. We all knew that there is much available on the civilian market, hence the Army surplus vendors really taking us for a ride, though we knew all of these tricks but no escape.

If those in NIOC come forward to really help us getting our dream jeeps from Mayapuri, even for a profit I will be of great help. Address the problem listed above, so we can also make the local vendors to correct their attitude. But practically how feasible you guys tell us, there are many takers waiting for MM550s from south.

To answer harjeev's question, I would be happy to pickup a MM550 in that range for Rs.1L including transport to chennai, but paper work needs to be organised the only constraint.

Here is the minimal calculation given by the local vendor

1. MM550 from mayapuri Rs. 80,000 (The current lot were actioned from Punjab)
2. Transport to Chennai Rs. 15,000 - 20,000 (if we use the empty trucks of Ford or Hyundai), otherwise even higher
3. Paper work charges for registration Rs. 6000
4. Vendors profit and his expenses including multi visit, accomodation, food etc etc for 2-3 visits to get this deal done. - ?????

I'm litenting to all of you, if any one of you coming with better deal than the south vendors you will save a lot of Jeep souls from south.
Old 17th July 2009, 18:37   #79
BHPian

@trammway buddy if having an address in Punjab is your last glitch keeping you from making your dreams of getting a jeep come true. I would be more than happy to have you register it to my address in Punjab.
Old 17th July 2009, 20:28   #80
BHPian

Hi Shiva,

I Agree with you, if by chance you get a 550 with registration for one lakh i will take one.

my importance good body, mechanicle i rebuilt with new spares ok
Old 17th July 2009, 21:22   #81
Senior - BHPian

Hey Siva
My reply in BOLD

Quote:
Originally Posted by trammway View Post
Guys,

I checked with couple of people in Mayapuri, though the price is cheap but no option for getting it registered, governmental issues.
Registration is not an issue, we can get it registered in PB and then get an NOC from Punjab favouring the authority where one would eventually want to get it registered!!! Once a vehicle is already registered I think the registration charges are quite less!!!
But this will have to be checked

2nd logistics and number of visits required to corner a jeep in mayapuri may take a huge toll. (no of visits + stay + travel fare + paper work co-ordination etc etc.)
1 visit is enough, i think as any given point of time there are atleast 15-20 if not more MM550's standing in mayapuri. You should know where to look

3nd even if we can registered it in nearby states to delhi lets say punjab which address we will register ? again the logistics, transport and same stories
Address is also not a problem as I have got 2 of my vehicles registered in Zira, Pb and the registration book has 2 addresses, the 1st temp and the other is a permanent.
Like in my case the temp is an address in Pb and the permanent is my Delhi address!!!

To answer harjeev's question, I would be happy to pickup a MM550 in that range for Rs.1L including transport to chennai, but paper work needs to be organised the only constraint.
This is what it costs here in Mayapuri 80-85k for the vehicle and 15k for the registration
Old 17th July 2009, 22:59   #82
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harjeev View Post
Hey Siva
My reply in BOLD
+1 Harjeev bhaji on that reply.

im willing to give up my job in Dubai and move to noida to become a supplier of MM Ex Army jeeps to south, any business associates?
Old 17th July 2009, 23:33   #83
Senior - BHPian

I think other than registration, the other problem will be Life time tax paid on the vehicle. God knows how much this will amount to. Do we pay tax at the time of temporary registration?
Old 18th July 2009, 05:55   #84
Senior - BHPian

@Pram
Thanks buddy!!!

@discoverwild
The registration done at Pb, from my experience, is not a temporary registration!!! It is a permanent registration.
But yes when it is transferred from Zira, Pb to any other state in India, I do think that some more charges will have to be paid!!!

Now from my experience when I was on the hunt for a jeep I came across a UP registered vehicle in Mayapuri and had inquired to transfer it to Mohali, Punjab. The charges were working out to be something in the range of 2-3k's!!!
Not sure about other states though!!!
Old 21st July 2009, 00:41   #85
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swastikviji View Post
I Agree with you, if by chance you get a 550 with registration for one lakh i will take one. my importance good body, mechanicle i rebuilt with new spares ok
Vijay Sir, apart from the cost of the vehicle and the registration of about 1L theres is also - Transportation + KA registration + KA life tax + expensive restoration of a freaken Lemon does not add up to a reasonable figure IMO.

Quote:
I think other than registration, the other problem will be Life time tax paid on the vehicle. God knows how much this will amount to. Do we pay tax at the time of temporary registration?
Someone helped me with this calculation. It will come to approx 25k for life tax for a 2000 /2001 ex army.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parm View Post
+1 Harjeev bhaji on that reply.

im willing to give up my job in Dubai and move to noida to become a supplier of MM Ex Army jeeps to south, any business associates?
From what I understand there are too many many players in this game already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
iron wolf - have u considered picking up a good specimen from Mayapuri ??

if ur passionate on acquiring a MM550 and ur on a strict budget - u need to do much more than just calling up on ads dude ( dont take it in the wrong sense )
There is no wrong or right sense in this. See if what I mention above is as simple as you have stated. You cannot make any sense when you are in search of a Jeep esp a 550. Hence the title of the thread.

The deal should be inked shortly for a 540 4WD. more later.
Old 21st July 2009, 16:46   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronWolf View Post
Vijay Sir, apart from the cost of the vehicle and the registration of about 1L theres is also - Transportation + KA registration + KA life tax + expensive restoration of a freaken Lemon does not add up to a reasonable figure IMO.
I know all those things Sir,

All team bhpians who bought MM/Gypsy's from Army disposal has done all these things,and they think its worth it, Ask Harjeev, KSM Vtec,Trammway,Allan.

Last edited by khan_sultan : 21st July 2009 at 20:16.
Old 21st July 2009, 19:12   #87
BHPian

[quote=swastikviji;1394540]
Quote:

I know all those things Sir,

All team bhpians who bought MM/Gypsy's from Army disposal has done all these things,and they think its worth it, Ask Harjeev, KSM Vtec,Trammway,Allan.
Add me as well in the list. I got my Ex Army 550 from Mayapuri . I got so many spare parts as well from Mayapuri. Now I am getting Tyres(Apollo Bullets) from Delhi. Harjeev helped me in the tyre deal.

Tarkesh
Old 21st July 2009, 19:26   #88
BHPian

[quote=Ricky_3007;1394784]
Quote:
Originally Posted by swastikviji View Post

Add me as well in the list. I got my Ex Army 550 from Mayapuri . I got so many spare parts as well from Mayapuri. Now I am getting Tyres(Apollo Bullets) from Delhi. Harjeev helped me in the tyre deal.

Tarkesh
Please post your jeeps pictures before and after restoration, have you created a thread?
Old 21st July 2009, 19:51   #89
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Someone helped me with this calculation. It will come to approx 25k for life tax for a 2000 /2001 ex army.
That means that we would have to pay 25K in Punjab for registration there, plus another 25K here in the south and wait for eternity to get the refund from Punjab.

I still don't know how this will all work out. Anyway, I have had to put my 550 wishes on hold for now. The moment I get the chance, I shall be pinging the guys up north, Harjeev, Mandeep etc and also Arka in Chennai, for all your help.
Old 21st July 2009, 19:57   #90
BHPian

Quote:
That means that we would have to pay 25K in Punjab for registration there, plus another 25K here in the south and wait for eternity to get the refund from Punjab.

I still don't know how this will all work out. Anyway, I have had to put my 550 wishes on hold for now. The moment I get the chance, I shall be pinging the guys up north, Harjeev, Mandeep etc and also Arka in Chennai, for all your help.
Its not necessary to pay life tax in Punjab, they can pay one quarterly tax in Punjab, when you are registering in your place you have to pay LTT, this is how i done for my MG413.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks