Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th August 2009, 17:16   #16
Senior - BHPian

Differences

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHABHAR.BEHRAM View Post
Dear Vinod and all - THIS IS VERY INTERESTING TO READ. PLEASE SEE THE PICTURE IN YOUR THREAD NO 9 VERY CAREFULLY AND COMPARE IT TO THE PICTURES IN THREAD NO 5.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Dhabar sir,

The Striker in post No 9 is a beauty thats the primary difference , jokes apart i could make out the folowing difference-

1. Chassis is a hybrid of Bolero Invader (rear) and Scorpio (front) hence the IFS with 4wd

2. Body is that of Invader completely unlike the in post No 5 which is bolero front end and MM rear end and a shortened chassis of Bolero 4wd but with differences.

3. Suspension of both vehicles are obviously different as the rear in post no 9 is overslung inverted leaf which is that of invader and obviously the front is IFS VS leaf in post 5

4. There is a difference in the windshield as this can be folded unlike fixed type you get for invader. Actually this has transformed the looks of the vehicle along with round head lamps instead of squared ones

5. The doors are of Bolero where as the one pictured would have had doors that of MM series and not Boleros

6. Engine i suppose is CRde and i strongly feel that steering is power assisted unlike the vehicle displayed on post 5

5. Gear box could be 5 speed NGT with manual shift transfer case and has automatic locking hubs.

Thease are the differences i see. Now over to you.
Old 29th August 2009, 17:46   #17
Senior - BHPian

MM Striker – a versatile new generation general purpose light military vehicle. it has been designed and developed at MDS-Land Systems is Mahindra Special Military Vehicles (MSMV) facility at Faridabad.

the new striker is a major improvment over the previous striker whch was a cross between a MM550 and Bolero front!

i can imagine how it will be recieved by the public when it comes for public use through auctions after completing its duty in the Indian Army!

Mahindra Defence Systems - Vehicle Armouring Solutions

Last edited by Parm : 29th August 2009 at 17:48.
Old 29th August 2009, 21:58   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Off Topic, but why do Indian 4WD vehicles like Safari/Scorp/Bolero 4WD etc have to have the front hub locks sticking out a couple of inches from the wheel when vehicles like Ford Endy, Fortuner etc can have them integrated into the diff without it sticking out waiting to get smacked by a rock?

Is it a cost or engineering issue?
Old 29th August 2009, 22:54   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinod_nookala View Post
Arka,
You are right about BSIII requirements. Has Army already adopted 5 speed gearbox with XD3p engine? Is the engine finalised for Army 550 xd? Moslty as you said it would be MDI3200 TC as they dont have any other dead cheap engine with them that is BSIII compliant. Interesting things would be to see power ratings and inclusions/ exclusion of oil cooler. Striker displayed in another auto expo had IFS with Invader rear and round lamps with Bolero front end. SInce it was IFS it may also have Crde engine. You may never know!

P.S- Seriously waiting to lay my hands on Army MM550 XD!
What a fabulous offroad vehicle. For experiment M&M should launch it in the civil market also. Can't wait for 5-8 years of service and then auction and restoration...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks