Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th November 2009, 18:33   #61
BHPian

Sorry did not know the best place to post this.
There is an advertisement in todays TOI:
2008 Accidental Montero for sale for 12 lakhs.
PM me if anyone wants the contact number.
Just thought some of you may be interested.
Old 19th July 2011, 23:38   #62

Re: MY new steed, 2007 Mitsubishi Montero

Hi jyobeb, now that you have had your montero for sometime, can you share the general service/ running costs, parts replaced etc....

I am thinking of getting a used montero from bangalore, hence this question.

thanks
Old 21st July 2011, 01:44   #63
Senior - BHPian

I am very happy with my Montero running costs! The spare parts are relatively cheap and easily available and since the Montero has been around for quite a while, plenty of imported parts are also available.
Brake pads are reasonably priced with a set of four costing about 11K.
Regular service like oil changes including filter changes also cost about 5K including oil.
A set of imported Kayabas (front & rear) costs 18K while Mitsubish OE costs about 32K.
Overall a very satisfying ownership experience.
The only thing I would ask owners to be mindful of is the flywheel, which requires replacing at about 80K KM and being a DMF flywheel, it costs about 55K.

Last edited by jyobeb : 21st July 2011 at 01:45.
Old 21st July 2011, 10:27   #64
BHPian

what would be a decent price for a 40k mile 2008 montero?

asking prices seem to be all over the place.

Am asking because my dad asked me to locate a nice Montero for him
Old 25th July 2011, 02:08   #65
BHPian

40000 miles = 64000 km.
I had asked an indivadual at Excel Motors service outlet, who had a 2008 Montero from Allahabad for servicing. He said that he had paid 'around' 22lakh for this used vehicle.
Old 25th July 2011, 09:44   #66
Senior - BHPian

There are couple of Monteros listed in TBP classifieds with 22 ish price
http://classifieds.team-bhp.com/buy-.../Montero.html/
Old 26th July 2011, 13:22   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyobeb View Post
I am very happy with my Montero running costs! The spare parts are relatively cheap and easily available and since the Montero has been around for quite a while, plenty of imported parts are also available.
Brake pads are reasonably priced with a set of four costing about 11K.
Regular service like oil changes including filter changes also cost about 5K including oil.
A set of imported Kayabas (front & rear) costs 18K while Mitsubish OE costs about 32K.
Overall a very satisfying ownership experience.
The only thing I would ask owners to be mindful of is the flywheel, which requires replacing at about 80K KM and being a DMF flywheel, it costs about 55K.
How many km have you clocked so far?
Is the cost mentioned here is the only cost incurred so far including the recurring cost of servicing every 10000km?
Why did the flywheel require replacing? Is it a recurring problem with Montero?

The amount mentioned seems to be reasonable for a vehicle of this calibre. Must be the accident repair parts which would be costing much higher.
Old 27th July 2011, 00:22   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by susan3004 View Post
40000 miles = 64000 km.

Sorry, I meant 40k km.

I will be test driving a few when I get back to delhi/chandigarh and will select one for him to buy. He's not decided yet on manual vs automatic. He wants the convenience of an automatic but is not impressed with the performance of automatics in the mountains of kashmir and ladakh (essentially in their ability to unfailingly choose the right gear instantly on demand) and is not certain that autos with tiptronic function are adequately improved. For example, if you're driving a manual box and you're in 4th and need to shift, you have a pretty good sense for which gear to shift into. in tiptronics, this is not so clear. too often a single tip is not enough and too often two tips is too much and the resulting delays and inconsistency of the vehicle's behavior can quickly become frustrating.

so I will test drive some vehicles and evaluate both autos and manuals and pick one for him to buy.

in fact, we have decided to cancel our ladakh trip till after we purchase our montero, so I will be returning to chandigarh and delhi prematurely to find and buy a Montero and drive it back to srinagar where my dad is based for the summer and then do a more extensive tour of ladakh

Last edited by Harbir : 27th July 2011 at 00:24.
Old 27th July 2011, 00:29   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harbir View Post
I will be test driving a few when I get back to delhi/chandigarh and will select one for him to buy. He's not decided yet on manual vs automatic. He wants the convenience of an automatic but is not impressed with the performance of automatics in the mountains of kashmir and ladakh (essentially in their ability to unfailingly choose the right gear instantly on demand) and is not certain that autos with tiptronic function are adequately improved. For example, if you're driving a manual box and you're in 4th and need to shift, you have a pretty good sense for which gear to shift into. in tiptronics, this is not so clear. too often a single tip is not enough and too often two tips is too much and the resulting delays and inconsistency of the vehicle's behavior can quickly become frustrating.

so I will test drive some vehicles and evaluate both autos and manuals and pick one for him to buy.
I think it will be easier to lay your hands on a MT than compared to an AT one. The later being very few in number.
Although, one will have to patient as MTs are also not so easily available.
Old 27th July 2011, 01:06   #70
BHPian

ATs seem pretty common in the classifieds. will have to go and see
Old 17th November 2011, 22:00   #71
Senior - BHPian

I have now done 89,000 kms and going strong! The engine stills feels brand new and the suspension taut and strong. I had some noise from my front suspension that was diagnosed as a worn out stabilizer rod bush. I have replaced my shocks as I felt they were getting weak. I probably could have easily done another 10K on them.
A shocker was the failure of the brake master cylinder at 85K Kms . The symptom was the brake pedal slowly sinking under mild continuous braking ( as is typically done in city traffic). I had absolutely no problem with emergency and high speed braking.
Unfortunately this part combines the master cylinder, the ABS modulator, the booster and the ABS pump. This cost me a whopping Rs 1,05,000/-. The price is similar to prices in Dubai, as Jeep Captain informed me. The grey market quote was for 95K and did not seem worth the hassle.
I asked Mitsubishi dealers in Chennai and Bangalore about the failure of the MC on other Monteros and was told that none of them had any instances of failure. I guess my problem was a one off!
However the fact that my dealer managed to procure the part in about a week made me quite happy.
I now know why Toyota does not have TCS on their Fortuner!!
jyobeb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2019, 14:07   #72
BHPian

Hi Jyobeb,
Bumping an old thread. How is your car doing now?
One rarely sees monteros on road now, but still looks so beautiful
Old 28th September 2020, 21:25   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyobeb View Post
I have now done 89,000 kms and going strong! The engine stills feels brand new and the suspension taut and strong. I had some noise from my front suspension that was diagnosed as a worn out stabilizer rod bush. I have replaced my shocks as I felt they were getting weak. I probably could have easily done another 10K on them.
A shocker was the failure of the brake master cylinder at 85K Kms . The symptom was the brake pedal slowly sinking under mild continuous braking ( as is typically done in city traffic). I had absolutely no problem with emergency and high speed braking.
Unfortunately this part combines the master cylinder, the ABS modulator, the booster and the ABS pump. This cost me a whopping Rs 1,05,000/-. The price is similar to prices in Dubai, as Jeep Captain informed me. The grey market quote was for 95K and did not seem worth the hassle.
I asked Mitsubishi dealers in Chennai and Bangalore about the failure of the MC on other Monteros and was told that none of them had any instances of failure. I guess my problem was a one off!
However the fact that my dealer managed to procure the part in about a week made me quite happy.
I now know why Toyota does not have TCS on their Fortuner!!
cAn you put pics with suspension lift you were planning

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks