Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th January 2010, 23:41   #16
BHPian

Hi NDMS,
Thank you so much for your comments. The cell phone pictures are not giving out the exact paint shade. The color looks different in each picture. It is a Deep Grey color with matte finish. The Top material is a heavy/tough tarpaulin used in trucks to cover the goods. The jeep is still awaiting finishing touch in the garage and I will let you know the cost break-up once I get the bill.

Best regards,
Sudhir.
Old 19th January 2010, 23:48   #17
BHPian

Hi SVSantosh,
The chassis number starts with CJ500D, Indeed its long but i feel that 650/750 are way too long when compared with this jeep. The place is KA-19.

Best regards,
Sudhir.
Old 20th January 2010, 00:07   #18
BHPian

More pictures of rattler undergoing the finishing work and the last picture was taken while on a trial run, please note the difference in the span of the tarpaulin top on either side. hope you all enjoy the pictures.
Attached Thumbnails
Restoration story of my jeep rattler-28.jpg  

Restoration story of my jeep rattler-29.jpg  

Restoration story of my jeep rattler-30.jpg  

Restoration story of my jeep rattler-31.jpg  

Restoration story of my jeep rattler-32.jpg  

Restoration story of my jeep rattler-33.jpg  

Restoration story of my jeep rattler-34.jpg  

Restoration story of my jeep rattler-35.jpg  

Attached Images

Old 20th January 2010, 00:39   #19
Senior - BHPian

The body coloured bull bar will increases the over all length of the Jeep.

Nice build up , keep the photos coming.
Old 20th January 2010, 12:01   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by svsantosh View Post

Which place in KA is this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattler View Post
Hi SVSantosh,
The place is KA-19.
KA - 19 registration = Mangalore
Old 20th January 2010, 13:07   #21
BHPian

Hi sudhir,

Nicely done up Jeep you got there. I like the extra side door idea. How much did the entire project cost you?
By the way, i went past the jeep early noon near Kadri a coupla days ago.

-Z
Old 20th January 2010, 16:07   #22
Senior - BHPian

please remove the bull bar from the front bumper. its not adding anything to the look of the vehicle and wont be of any help in case of a collision!

give your jeep the clean look, similar to what you have done for the rest of the vehicle. look ho clean is the rear!
Old 20th January 2010, 23:25   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by james View Post
Hi sudhir,

Nicely done up Jeep you got there. I like the extra side door idea. How much did the entire project cost you?
By the way, i went past the jeep early noon near Kadri a coupla days ago.

-Z
Hi James,
Thank you so much for your comment. I needed a comfortable (if I may say so!) front facing seat for the rear passengers. So, I made use of the large side panel to provide a door. The jeep looks more appealing when viewed from the left side! We were on a trial run on the highway the day you saw us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by foby.sebastian View Post
The body coloured bull bar will increases the over all length of the Jeep.

Nice build up , keep the photos coming.
Hi Sebastian,
I think my jeep is going to be longer than the longest when the Bull bar is taken into account. Thank you for your comment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parm View Post
please remove the bull bar from the front bumper. its not adding anything to the look of the vehicle and wont be of any help in case of a collision!

give your jeep the clean look, similar to what you have done for the rest of the vehicle. look ho clean is the rear!
Thank you Parm for your valuable suggestion. It was my mechanic's idea to have the Bull bar there. I will remove it anyways once the Jeep is out of the garage.

Best regards,
Sudhir.
Old 21st January 2010, 01:41   #24
BHPian

nice job

Rattler:
Nice job done. What I like the most:
1. Practical clean nice ride with loads of weekend fun - I am sure your family will enjoy a lot going around in this Jeep
2. Perfect for an adventurs drive with the elements during rainy days (read as monsoon)
3. Love the colour, nice and economical soft top, practical side rear doors
If I can suggest - keep this vehicle straight and clean - meaning keep is how it was built, do not add power steering and do not modify the spec, keep the Jeep at factory built spec
Have fun my friend,.
Old 21st January 2010, 23:45   #25
BHPian

Hi GrayBerry,
Thank you very much for your comments. I have no intention to mess up with the factory setting. I love this Jeep just the way it is.

Best regards,
Sudhir.
Old 26th January 2010, 04:22   #26
Team-BHP Support

The Jeep is looking great apart from the bull bar. It is jutting out. The rest of the Jeep is clean. Also I did not like the Mahindra logo. I think it will look better if you can source the Jeep logo. But that is my opinion, hope you dont mind. The colour combination is looing real good.
Old 26th January 2010, 23:06   #27
BHPian

Hi BlackPearl,
I have received similar feedback from my friends as well as senior Bhpians. I will remove the Bullbar once i take the jeep out of the garage! Regarding the jeep logo, I'm searching for it. By the way did you notice the fender arch ( I don't know what exactly it is called) both front and rear? They are metal arches.

Best regards,
Sudhir.
Old 27th January 2010, 12:39   #28
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattler View Post
By the way did you notice the fender arch ( I don't know what exactly it is called) both front and rear? They are metal arches.

Best regards,
Sudhir.
Now tha you pointed out, I noticed them. In my jeep they are are of rubber. They are looking pretty neat. Did you get them ready-made or custom made?
Old 28th January 2010, 22:36   #29
BHPian

Hey Rattler. Nicely done mate. Great job, neat execution. It has been serving gods for 7 to 8 years now, make sure you treat it properly. I'm a bit god-fearing and that is the reason I'm asking you to take good care of it.

To the car:
I love the rear end! The no non-sense look is awesome! Appreciate your effort and dedication to get this back on the road.

And yes, as the other BHPians suggested, try and source a Jeep logo.
Another suggestion, why not try for a hard-top? Will look much better in my opinion.
Old 29th January 2010, 23:26   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPearl View Post
Now tha you pointed out, I noticed them. In my jeep they are are of rubber. They are looking pretty neat. Did you get them ready-made or custom made?
Hi BlackPearl,
The fender arches on my jeep are custom made. I feel that they add to the ruggedness of the jeep!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartman View Post
Hey Rattler. Nicely done mate. Great job, neat execution. It has been serving gods for 7 to 8 years now, make sure you treat it properly. I'm a bit god-fearing and that is the reason I'm asking you to take good care of it.

To the car:
I love the rear end! The no non-sense look is awesome! Appreciate your effort and dedication to get this back on the road.

And yes, as the other BHPians suggested, try and source a Jeep logo.
Another suggestion, why not try for a hard-top? Will look much better in my opinion.
Hi Cartman,
Thank you very much for your comments. I am trying to source a Jeep logo and Blackout lights. I have intentionally used a crude canvas top on my jeep since I preferred it. Will the hard top look good on a long wheelbase jeep?

Best regards,
Sudhir.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks