Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th March 2010, 00:05   #31
Senior - BHPian

Harneet the Gypsy looks wow!!.\

The Delhi Azad Motors (or whatever they are called) are the same as the Bangalore based Azad Body Builders, who build bus bodies (they built the Amritsar-Lahore bus in which Vajpayee travelled) They are a huge family, part of which is settled in Delhi. Harjeev, are they related to you? They share your surname

If one cant get in touch with the Delhi counterpart, one can try contacting the Bangalore head office for contact details.

Suddenly i want to buy a Gypsy now!!
Old 15th March 2010, 17:05   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harjeev View Post
4.5 is simply too much.
Even with all the kits, addons etc etc I thought that it should be priced between2-2.5 lacs. Its a 15-20 year old model after all

This is way way too much. Even if we all all the accessories that they have installed in the vehicle the total tab shouldn't be more than 2 or 2.5L MAX!!!
Harjeev, I completly with you, infact i went to Mayapuri again today & came to know the Gypsy was with another dealer last week. They are sending it back because no one thinks that they would be able to sell it even on harf the price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
Harneet the Gypsy looks wow!!.\

The Delhi Azad Motors (or whatever they are called) are the same as the Bangalore based Azad Body Builders, who build bus bodies (they built the Amritsar-Lahore bus in which Vajpayee travelled) They are a huge family, part of which is settled in Delhi. Harjeev, are they related to you? They share your surname

If one cant get in touch with the Delhi counterpart, one can try contacting the Bangalore head office for contact details.

Suddenly i want to buy a Gypsy now!!

Budy thats good news that you know the (Azad Group) family. I hope you get this one on a reasonable price. This is old machine but in great shape. Good Luck for the deal. I am ready to buy any part that you dont like.
Old 16th March 2010, 06:32   #33
BHPian

shackle lift

I am planning to buy 2" shackle lift kit. It costs around 48$. Approx 2160Rs. Is it worth going for? Will i get anything similar at a cheaper price in India?

Rocky Road super tough shackles
Old 16th March 2010, 08:49   #34
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krishnathanthri View Post
I am planning to buy 2" shackle lift kit....
A kit with just the shackles? I doubt that in $48 you will get a lift kit. There is more to the kit than just long shackles.

However, the quality of parts, fit & finish of after market parts from US is miles ahead of what you would get fabricated here locally, so I would suggest that you can go in for the long shackles.
Old 16th March 2010, 22:27   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan_sultan View Post
A kit with just the shackles? I doubt that in $48 you will get a lift kit. There is more to the kit than just long shackles.

However, the quality of parts, fit & finish of after market parts from US is miles ahead of what you would get fabricated here locally, so I would suggest that you can go in for the long shackles.
Khan bhai it is just 2" long shackles @ 48$(Including transportation to US address). It has nothing extra other than 2" long shackles (4 pc's).

Click the link for more info and pic's. Rocky Road super tough shackles

Last edited by krishnathanthri : 16th March 2010 at 22:29.
Old 16th March 2010, 23:50   #36
BHPian

The best lift kit for Gypsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by krishnathanthri View Post
Khan bhai it is just 2" long shackles @ 48$(Including transportation to US address). It has nothing extra other than 2" long shackles (4 pc's).

Click the link for more info and pic's. Rocky Road super tough shackles

Hey krishnathanthri,

I am sure you must have gone through the below link while trying to decide what's the best lift for you. While there, check out the articulation chart. Rocky Road Outfitters

I am sure the Rocky Road are the best in US. Wish you luck for your 2" long shackles. Dont forget to share the pics when ever you install them.

Cheers
Old 17th March 2010, 02:12   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarneetBarmy View Post
Budy thats good news that you know the (Azad Group) family. I hope you get this one on a reasonable price. This is old machine but in great shape. Good Luck for the deal. I am ready to buy any part that you dont like.
No no Harmeet, im not interested in buying this particular Gypsy. Id rather get one and make it the way i want. Anyways you know when you know somebody via family, it gets more difficult to bargain for the price
Old 29th March 2010, 23:48   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
No no Harmeet, im not interested in buying this particular Gypsy. Id rather get one and make it the way i want. Anyways you know when you know somebody via family, it gets more difficult to bargain for the price
Hey v-16, I misunderstood. I completely agree that its hard to Negotiate deals when you know them via family. Good luck for the Gypsy.
Old 30th March 2010, 00:36   #39
BHPian

Hey Guys,

I have a good new for all. I was able to contact the manufacturer of Gypsy off roading kit, from whom Azad Motors is importing. Please check the picture's of Front Bumper, Rear Bumpers, Rack Tray, Roll bar & Side Steps (a pair) I hope this is helpful to all the Gypsy owners.

Enjoy
Attached Thumbnails
Imported Parts for Maruti Gypsy Off-roader-1_front-bumper-offroad.jpg  

Imported Parts for Maruti Gypsy Off-roader-2_front-bumper-offroad.jpg  

Imported Parts for Maruti Gypsy Off-roader-3_front-bumper-offroad.jpg  

Imported Parts for Maruti Gypsy Off-roader-4_front-bumper-offroad.jpg  

Imported Parts for Maruti Gypsy Off-roader-5_-front-bumper-offraoan.jpg  

Imported Parts for Maruti Gypsy Off-roader-12384966071.jpg  

Imported Parts for Maruti Gypsy Off-roader-pic_0824_resize.jpg  

Imported Parts for Maruti Gypsy Off-roader-pic_0859_resize.jpg  

Imported Parts for Maruti Gypsy Off-roader-1_rear-bumper-swing.jpg  

Imported Parts for Maruti Gypsy Off-roader-2_rear-bumper-swing.jpg  

Imported Parts for Maruti Gypsy Off-roader-3_rear-bumper-swing.jpg  

Imported Parts for Maruti Gypsy Off-roader-pic_0686_resize.jpg  

Imported Parts for Maruti Gypsy Off-roader-pic_0852_resize.jpg  

Old 30th March 2010, 00:56   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Hey Guys,

I have a good new for all. I was able to contact the manufacturer of Gypsy off roading kit, from whom Azad Motors is importing. Please check the picture's of Front Bumper, Rear Bumpers, Rack Tray, Roll bar & Side Steps (a pair) I hope this is helpful to all the Gypsy owners.

Enjoy
Congrats HarneetBarmy and thanks for sharing the news and pics!

So now tell me whats the deal? Are you planning to import for yourself or you wiill/can collect orders and import for all who wants these stuff from t-bhp??

Shibu
Old 30th March 2010, 01:10   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepCaptain View Post
Congrats HarneetBarmy and thanks for sharing the news and pics!

So now tell me whats the deal? Are you planning to import for yourself or you wiill/can collect orders and import for all who wants these stuff from t-bhp??

Shibu
Hey Shibu, Me & my friends need a few things for our Gypsy's. We were thinking for the visiting Thailand to bring some stuff along. I came to know the shipping is too high from Thailand & its easy to bring things along due to low airfares. Lets see what happens, things are still being planed.
Old 30th March 2010, 01:43   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Hey Shibu, Me & my friends need a few things for our Gypsy's. We were thinking for the visiting Thailand to bring some stuff along. I came to know the shipping is too high from Thailand & its easy to bring things along due to low airfares. Lets see what happens, things are still being planed.
HarneetBarmy,Thats a great idea! I wish I could join you guys bcos I also need lots of stuff for my Gypsies. Yeah I have three of them
Shibu
Old 30th March 2010, 19:33   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepCaptain View Post
HarneetBarmy,Thats a great idea! I wish I could join you guys bcos I also need lots of stuff for my Gypsies. Yeah I have three of them
Shibu
Shibu you are welcome to come along. Where are you these days Dubai or back in Kerala.
Old 30th March 2010, 22:07   #44
Senior - BHPian

the secondlast snap gypsy looks cool, that gives me some idea about making a flat roofline hardtop.
Old 30th March 2010, 23:36   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Shibu you are welcome to come along. Where are you these days Dubai or back in Kerala.

HarneetBarmy
, Bro I am now in Dubai.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desmosedici View Post
the secondlast snap gypsy looks cool, that gives me some idea about making a flat roofline hardtop.
Desmosedici, Yes that hardtop is very popular in Thailand and other Fareast countries. You dont really need to fabricate it. Just go with harneet and friends pick one from Thailand bring it back and install it on your Gypsy. Its a bolt on fitment. But not sure whether its a metal or fiberglass.
Shibu

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks