Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th September 2016, 14:56   #31
Senior - BHPian

Just a thought. There are some superb Grand Vitaras available in the Rs 5-6 lac range.
They are probably most ideal for the 'Wildlife Photographer' who wants a super quiet capable vehicle and which yet, is secure.
Old 16th September 2016, 23:13   #32
BHPian

Re: Need Help on Gypsy MG410

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajithvpl View Post
Gypsy Gurus need help, my MG410w after getting it recently serviced at Maruti Dealer workshop has starting problems.

Apparently it is a problem with the petrol pump.

Folks where in Bangalore can I source a MG410 petrol pump? Any pointer to specific shops will be of great help.

Circled the part I am looking for in the attached image

Need Help on Gypsy MG410-engine.jpg

Last edited by ampere : 16th September 2016 at 23:24.
Old 16th September 2016, 23:36   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Apparently it is a problem with the petrol pump.

Folks where in Bangalore can I source a MG410 petrol pump? Any pointer to specific shops will be of great help.

Circled the part I am looking for in the attached image

Attachment 1555084
You can approach any of these outlets in Bangalore. This is a list of MGP retail outlets & distributors* & will be able to source the fuel pump for the Gypsy (MG-410) for you.

*Source - Maruti Suzuki website
Attached Images

Vikram Arya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th September 2016, 06:36   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Try "new one automobiles" journalist colony, the road parallel to jc road. There is a person by name Ramesh, who is very helpful.
sugathan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st January 2023, 21:09   #35

Buying a Gypsy - some questions

Hello folks,

Firstly, thank you for approving my membership request and letting me be a part of this esteemed group of car enthusiasts.

I have owned a few cars in the past viz Bolero, Santro and a Gypsy. It's been a long time and I never bothered about the technical side of the vehicle. I want to get serious about it now, and perhaps (in the long run) establish a repair workshop or start a modding/restoration business.

I have found a Gypsy 410 2005 model (carburettor) and plan to buy it and restore to at least a good stock condition. I intend to do that myself and learn about automobile parts, functions, sub-assemblies, etc. along.

I have the Suzuki Samurai Service Manual for carburettor (found somewhere within this forum threads). I found that there are many differences:-
  1. The manual mentions an ECM but the Gypsy has none.
  2. The carburettor is top draft type in the manual, whereas it is side draft type on the Gypsy.
  3. The ignition coil in the manual doesn't have the inductance/resistance connected in series with the battery, but the Gypsy has one.
Or am I wrong? Please correct me if my following assumptions are also wrong because I am struggling to find the correct connections for the various hoses and electricals (pictures attached):-
  • I believe that a hose connects (through the T) between the Air Filter and the Carburettor
  • I think a thin hose connects between the distributor and the carburettor
  • The electrical connection from the carburettor solenoid (at the top) is simply connected to the positive battery terminal. In the manual, this is connected to the ECM.
  • The starter motor solenoid has two terminals instead of one so I assumed that one of them is simply ground wire and the other obviously is the ignition start. I don't understand why a separate ground wire terminal is provided.
  • The 4WD lever was stuck in neutral and I took it out. I bought a new plastic bushing for the lever but the bushing simply won't fit. With the lever out and free, I was able to engage the gear to 4W - low (as that is what I wanted). But, will that gear stay that way after I remove the lever?
I'm sorry to make my first post long and demanding. I hope that soon, I will be able to contribute and help others as well. Thank you.
Attached Thumbnails
Need Help on Gypsy MG410-whatsapp-image-20230120-7.21.23-pm-3.jpeg  

Need Help on Gypsy MG410-whatsapp-image-20230120-7.21.23-pm-2.jpeg  

Need Help on Gypsy MG410-whatsapp-image-20230120-7.21.23-pm-4.jpeg  

Need Help on Gypsy MG410-whatsapp-image-20230120-7.21.23-pm-5.jpeg  

Need Help on Gypsy MG410-whatsapp-image-20230120-7.21.23-pm-6.jpeg  

Need Help on Gypsy MG410-whatsapp-image-20230120-7.21.23-pm-1.jpeg  

Old 17th April 2024, 06:05   #36

Re: Buying a Gypsy - some questions

Hi fellas, I have come a long way since I last posted these queries on the forum and have been able to do certain bits of homework. I am answering to my own questions, for the benefit of other members who may find some info useful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-o-b View Post
  • I believe that a hose connects (through the T) between the Air Filter and the Carburettor
This is for the PCV (positive crankcase ventilation). This prevents hot air pressure built-up within the crankcase and connects to the Air filter (acts as air exhaust) and the intake manifold through a one way check valve (acts as air compensator) through a T-connection.

Quote:
  • I think a thin hose connects between the distributor and the carburettor
This line connects the intake manifold vacuum line to the distributor for timing advancement. At higher RPMs, the ignition has to be advanced (early sparks) for proper fuel combustion. This is achieved using a vacuum activated actuator to advance the distributor timing.
Quote:
  • The electrical connection from the carburettor solenoid (at the top) is simply connected to the positive battery terminal. In the manual, this is connected to the ECM.
This is simply the fuel-cut solenoid switch. Shuts off the fuel supply in the carburettor and makes the engine stop.

Quote:
  • The starter motor solenoid has two terminals instead of one so I assumed that one of them is simply ground wire and the other obviously is the ignition start. I don't understand why a separate ground wire terminal is provided.
During cranking, since a lot of current flows through the starter motor, the ignition coil doesn't receive enough voltage for a "good" spark production in the spark plugs. This additional switch in the starter motor solenoid bypasses the resistor (mounted on the ignition coil) and compensates for the lack of ignition coil primary voltage. After cranking is done, the current to the ignition coil flows through the resistor, as it normally does when the engine is running.

Quote:
  • The 4WD lever was stuck in neutral and I took it out. I bought a new plastic bushing for the lever but the bushing simply won't fit. With the lever out and free, I was able to engage the gear to 4W - low (as that is what I wanted). But, will that gear stay that way after I remove the lever?
Aftermarket bushings, takes a while to fit these. Took a while to install it, but now the 4WD lever works like a charm.
x-o-b is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks