Team-BHP - Mahindra Thar and the Drool Quotient !!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   4x4 Vehicles (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-vehicles/)
-   -   Mahindra Thar and the Drool Quotient !! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-vehicles/81801-mahindra-thar-drool-quotient-11.html)

Salilpawar1,
Thank you for your brilliant photoshop renderings!! Your tase is indeed good.

@DKG- Thanks for starting this thread and guiding it through with so much of dedication. Iam taking a lot of points from here and would try to provide in accessories. Giving these in production version is difficuilt as some may have effect on CMVR and some would simply shoot up the cost of final vehicle on road due to compunding effect on duties, taxes etc etc.

My sincere thanks to all for your inputs.

The Dodge Power wagon (Chrysler) is a priceless collector's item outside India today.

I love this look, especially the front end.

They were built between 1940-1964 roughly.

How about a Thar retro truck based loosely on this look? There was also a club cab version of this truck and several other variations.

After I posted the above my brain started functioning. The Power Wagon sheet metal might look great on the Getaway chassis. This might save Getaway's death spiral.

Post Deleted by the Team-BHP Support : SMS / Slang is STRICTLY prohibited on this community. We would much appreciate your using full & proper English in posts, for the benefit of other forum users.

Please view our board rules carefully before proceeding any further.

You just know, driving around in a Thar is going to make more heads spin than a Mercedes or BMW. (well, at least in Mumbai).
Besides just imagine how much fun this would be on the highway with the wind in your hair.
This is the closest we're going to get to an Indian convertible.
The only thing I worry about in an open top car is bird poo. :p

Quote:

Originally Posted by kadanaJ (Post 1916327)
This is the closest we're going to get to an Indian convertible.

How interesting you say that ! coz I use my Jeep in the evenings just for this aspect. Open air motoring !

I call my CJ3B a 4 wheel motorcycle, especially when I drive it screen down

Quote:

You just know, driving around in a Thar is going to make more heads spin than a Mercedes or BMW. (well, at least in Mumbai). Besides just imagine how much fun this would be on the highway with the wind in your hair. This is the closest we're going to get to an Indian convertible.

lol.. a jeep is always like that. Forget about THAR, even a well restored & well maintained old jeep attracts more attention on road than top grade imported SUVs. It turns into a shock when the jeep whizzes past the cars after the red light turns green.:)

Quote:

Originally Posted by DirtyDan (Post 1911632)
The Dodge Power wagon (Chrysler) is a priceless collector's item outside India today.

I love this look, especially the front end.

They were built between 1940-1964 roughly.

How about a Thar retro truck based loosely on this look? There was also a club cab version of this truck and several other variations.

Arka will look perfect in one of these...:Shockked:

Quote:

You just know, driving around in a Thar is going to make more heads spin than a Mercedes or BMW.

All SWB Jeep owners know this feeling. The very first day I rode my CJ340, an middle aged person came to me at a rest stop and asked me whether this Jeep can be bought in showroom. He was driving a Grand Vitara V6. I have been flagged down in highways just so that they can admire and ask questions about the Jeep.:)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Liner (Post 1917489)
Arka will look perfect in one of these...:Shockked:

For Arka, the top will need to be chopped off like his Nissan 1 Tonner:D

Top Gear came up with its own version of Hyper-Thar and took it to Iceland. Pics below courtesy Cars, driving, Jeremy Clarkson, James May, Richard Hammond - BBC Top Gear.

Don't trust the road worthiness of this monster, but then again, does it need any kind of road in any case.
Mahindra Thar and the Drool Quotient !!-670x377image.jpg
Mahindra Thar and the Drool Quotient !!-670x377image-1.jpg

I am certainly Tharrafied.

Top Gear didn't come up with these cars.
Guys in Iceland have been 'Formula Offroading' in these vehicles for quite a while now.

TG simply covered the sport in one of their episodes. In the same episode, they also filmed a race between this truck and a snowmobile, on WATER!
Thanks to the tyre-scoops, with the required momentum, these vehicles can skim along the surface of a water body!

Quote:

Originally Posted by ladak.imran (Post 1917646)
Top Gear didn't come up with these cars.
Guys in Iceland have been 'Formula Offroading' in these vehicles for quite a while now.

TG simply covered the sport in one of their episodes.

I know its one of the favorite past time of Icelanders who like offroading (the entire country is their canvas) and have been knocking these gas-guzzlers and changing landscape on everyday basis for a long time now.

When I said Top Gear came up with these cars. My intention was to just point out that TG featured these as you more appropriately pointed out. Hell of an episode it is.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Animesh (Post 1917557)
Top Gear came up with its own version of Hyper-Thar and took it to Iceland. Pics below courtesy

Mea Culpa! Screwed up on this posting. Just wanted to site Topgear's website as a source and didn't get it right. Should have seen the preview.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DKG (Post 1916644)
How interesting you say that ! coz I use my Jeep in the evenings just for this aspect. Open air motoring !

I call my CJ3B a 4 wheel motorcycle, especially when I drive it screen down

Priceless thought.:thumbs up

Given the days of the slow thumping on an Enfield at 40 kmph with the wind inside the hair and not outside the helmet are long gone, a convertible (out of question, price-wise) or an open jeep (maybe!) can give back the boyish smile on our middle aged faces! :)