also honda owners i have a pipercross filter on my Vtec
am planning to get the freeflow done
is it worth it doing a free flow or no?
Old 12th December 2007, 15:09   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by malcolm View Post
i am getting original white light bosch xenons for 12000 no warranty

Firstly, there are no original Bosch kits available currently in the country. I had written to Bosch India directly enquiring abt the availability of Bosch HID kits and here's what they replied

Quote:
Dileesh Venugopal (Mico/SAA-MKT1-V) to me
show details Dec 5 (7 days ago) Reply

Dear Mr. Mahesh,

We thank you for sending an enquiry to BOSCH on High Intensity Discharge Kits. But we are sorry to inform you that we have discontinued this product, as it is considered unsafe for driving. HID kits, use xenon lamps that affect the visibility of the oncoming traffic. Please feel free to contact me for further details.

Please note: Spurious HID kits in the name of BOSCH can be available in India. These kits are manufactured in China under the brand name of BOSCH. Please don’t use these non genuine kits as it may harm the electrical system in your car.

Gruß / Regards

BeQIK

Dileesh Venugopal

SAA-MKT1-V

Tel. +91 80 22 99 - 2071
Fax +91 80 22 99 - 2525

Secondly, the latter part of their reply, abt the harmful effects of these spurious kits, can always be taken with as much salt as the person wants to; 0-100
Old 12th December 2007, 23:12   #3
BHPian

now days you get almost everything from china fake..

good job mag..

carefull what you buy malcolm vbmenu_register("postmenu_655122", true);
Old 13th December 2007, 02:08   #4
Senior - BHPian

Malcom, i think you should discuss this with someone who has already done what you propose to do. Viper is one person I know of who has fitted HIDs on his Vtec and i can vouch for the difference in the lighting when dark. I had the opportunity to hitch a ride back from Pune with him in the dark and let me tell you the HIDs are worth every penny you spend on them. If im right, Viper did mention that his were German and with Warranty.
Secondly I think you should take what the Bosch India guy says with a fist of salt. (Mercedes and BMWs use Bosch HiDs so how come they are unsafe or are Indian standards of safety much higher.??)
Coming back to the fitment, it doesn't require rocket science to install HIDs and any good and I repeat Good car electrician can do the job well, I have also known roadside guys mess up the electricals when just putting a new horn.
IMHo, if you are getting A reputed unit under warranty, get it installed. I feel all cars who do night highway runs should have HIDs.
Old 13th December 2007, 02:12   #5

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
Secondly I think you should take what the Bosch India guy says with a fist of salt. (Mercedes and BMWs use Bosch HiDs so how come they are unsafe or are Indian standards of safety much higher.??)
i reckon this could be because they use hids in a projector setup thus having a focussed beam rather than a unfocussed dispersed light which would blind the oncoming traffic.
Old 13th December 2007, 10:04   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellspawn View Post
i reckon this could be because they use hids in a projector setup thus having a focussed beam rather than a unfocussed dispersed light which would blind the oncoming traffic.

@hellspawn: to the point. right. that is what Bosch is worried about.

but then there are some who play around even with the projectors and make a bigger mess.
Old 13th December 2007, 20:08   #7
aZa
Senior - BHPian

The Bosch HIDs available here cost 5500 without warranty and 6500 with one year warranty. So if u do go for BOSCH DO NOT pay 12000!!!
Old 13th December 2007, 21:07   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellspawn View Post
Actually he HID Xenos are meant for only Low beams but Apna India mein I was offered Xenons on the Fogs as well. I tell you imagine a car with HIDs on the low, high and the fogs. What does that leave, put HIDs on the brake lights as well
Old 13th December 2007, 21:34   #9

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
Actually he HID Xenos are meant for only Low beams but Apna India mein I was offered Xenons on the Fogs as well. I tell you imagine a car with HIDs on the low, high and the fogs. What does that leave, put HIDs on the brake lights as well
not a bad idea...that will actually solve india's electricity and lighting problems.
Old 14th December 2007, 05:47   #10
fb1
BHPian

I've seen a civic with xenons as fogs, lowbeam and high beam.. Freaking mad looking thing.. Blinds everything in front of it
Old 14th December 2007, 20:00   #11
BHPian

I guess xenons without the projectors won't have a focus point,that is the reason why many people refrain from fitting HID's to the clear lens with reflector set up..They tend to cause a lot of glare to the oncoming traffic...its great for the user coz he can see everything but the oncoming traffic can be blinded.....i guess some packaging even come with a warning that its for off road use only...But Hey !! if you want it, noone can stop you. As for the Free Flow i say go Ahead !!
Old 15th December 2007, 11:05   #12
BHPian

thanks for the info guys
Old 15th December 2007, 11:39   #13
Senior - BHPian

Any ILL FOCUSSED light be it Zenon HID or halogen WILL blind the oncoming traffic. If used on low beam AND focussed right, ANY kind of light should not be a problem. Unfortunately a lot of people pay scant attention to the light focus & just switch on high beams as they cannot see well on low beams.

I think the traffic authorities need to enforce with an iron hand the ban on use of high beams in city limits AND improve street lighting, so that one does not NEED the high beam.

Whenever I use high beam on totally dark roads at night - I make it a point to dip my lights when I see an oncoming vehicle, many times the gesture is reciprocated but many times the morons just stick to using high beams - I just move out of the way & slow down rather than take a risk of an accident.

Moral of the story - use your lights sensibly & ensure they are foccused right !!

Last edited by Ricky_63 : 15th December 2007 at 11:42.
Old 16th December 2007, 11:58   #14
BHPian

I tell you imagine a car with HIDs on the low, high and the fogs.

i have seen a idiot who has done this ,don't these blind guys care for other people,this dude had fitted xenons everywhere and top of that put highbeam with xenon the other car drivers litterally go blind ,i felt like breaking that dudes headlamps
Old 17th December 2007, 18:21   #15
BHPian

Fitting HIDs on Fog, Low and High beams is not such a crime as long as one uses them sensibly. I myself have done this but I never use all three HIDs together and that too in City. I drive around with just Fog lights most of the times. Moreover I have installed Projector Headlights and I can tell you that you can stand in front of my car and just look into the low beams without hurting your eyes. Can you do that on a normal Multi-reflector headlight with 90/100 or 100/130 Halogen bulbs?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks