Team-BHP - On Team-BHP's 16th birthday, some fun & interesting trivia on our community
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Announcements (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/announcements/)
-   -   On Team-BHP's 16th birthday, some fun & interesting trivia on our community (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/announcements/219077-team-bhps-16th-birthday-some-fun-interesting-trivia-our-community-4.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rehaan (Post 4751097)
Team-BHP is sweet 16!

Everyone from Billy Idol to Neil Sedaka to Chuck Berry to Lonnie Donegan have sung about Sweet 16.

Did you know that the 16th candle on a 16-year-old girl's cake is meant to represent her boyfriend? The 1st candle is meant to represent her parents. I forgot what the others are for but you can google that.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaggu (Post 4751287)
my ex-Manager actually quizzed me on this lol and she was very suspicious of what I was up to

Knowing you, I would say she had good reason to be. :D

Happy 16th Birthday Team-BHP.

Initially I used to make bike trips only from when I became an ardent follower of Team-Bhp for last 10 years. It was always a dream to be a part of Team-Bhp. Thankfully in 2015, I got a membership of the renowned forum. I have learnt a lot and most importantly still learning. For couple of years I have not able to manage enough time to participate in different meets and outings because of different week-end engagements, but when I see the meet and event pictures in group/forums I feel its a non recoverable loss for me and the Lazy Turtle.

Sharing some pictures of previous meets which niggles me every-time I miss a meet.

On Team-BHP's 16th birthday, some fun & interesting trivia on our community-fb_img_1488135981647.jpg

On Team-BHP's 16th birthday, some fun & interesting trivia on our community-img_20170129_100204244.jpg

On Team-BHP's 16th birthday, some fun & interesting trivia on our community-img_20170129_110042040.jpg

On Team-BHP's 16th birthday, some fun & interesting trivia on our community-img_20170129_120653991.jpg

On Team-BHP's 16th birthday, some fun & interesting trivia on our community-img_20170226_110444195.jpg

On Team-BHP's 16th birthday, some fun & interesting trivia on our community-img_20170226_110545652_hdr.jpg

On Team-BHP's 16th birthday, some fun & interesting trivia on our community-img_20170402_092050035_hdr.jpg

On Team-BHP's 16th birthday, some fun & interesting trivia on our community-img_20170402_093106422_hdr.jpg

On Team-BHP's 16th birthday, some fun & interesting trivia on our community-img_20170402_093135424_hdr.jpg

On Team-BHP's 16th birthday, some fun & interesting trivia on our community-vlcsnap2017022613h26m33s900.png

[FONT=&quot]On Team-BHP's 16th birthday, some fun & interesting trivia on our community-tkd_4246.jpg

Yesterday night at 2355. I was waiting for the Team-BHP birthday thread. And what timing, sharp at 0000 the thread was up. It was an amazing read.

I used to be a lurker of this forum for a very long time. Finally, I tried to register and got accepted at my second attempt. I never thought I would be able to contribute to this elite forum. I started with a travelogue and after that, there was no looking back. Team-BHP became an integral part of my day to day life.

With team BHP, I learned a lot, shared ideas, met new people, made new friends and whatnot. Here are some pics with fellow BHPians.

On Team-BHP's 16th birthday, some fun & interesting trivia on our community-2-1.jpg

On Team-BHP's 16th birthday, some fun & interesting trivia on our community-5.jpg

On Team-BHP's 16th birthday, some fun & interesting trivia on our community-24.jpg

On Team-BHP's 16th birthday, some fun & interesting trivia on our community-20190728_175920.jpg

Happy 16th Birthday T-BHP.

Many congratulations clap:

Few lines to dedicate :

Twinkle Twinkle T-BHP FORUM; a "Rockstar"
Oh my GOD !! You've come so far,
Have set the standard, sky high;
A blissful place for auto enthusiasts like I.

stupid:

I really wasn't serious about this place when I joined 10 yrs ago, which explains my rather funny handle. To my surprise I got my membership approved in the first attempt. But after I started reading and participating there was so much knowledge to gain. So much so I completely moved away from Orkut to Teambhp those days!

Its incredible how we are running an outdated technology like web forums with such full house till today, keeping it squeaky clean and made it a powerhouse of knowledge on automotive and beyond. I agree with GTO. Content is indeed king.

Team-bhp has become an integral part of my life would be an understatement. Even before I joined this community, I was a regular visitor to this website since 2011. My addiction has grown ever since that day and these days, I spend more time on this website compared to the time I spend with my family lol:

I may not be an auto expert, but I do have interest in wide range of topics, with finance and gadgets being most favored. So, I keep contributing to these threads whenever I get time. In fact, I am waiting for my retirement so that I can spend my whole time on this website and can also contribute more stupid:

Happy 16th Birthday to Team BHP!!!!
It was somewhere around 2013, out of curiosity, that I opened team bhp site.
The concept of forums was alien to me back in the day. Mind you, I was still in school.
The First Section on the Forum I checked out was Travelogues. Honestly, almost till 2019, I never really explored others.
Travelogues - I learnt more about India than Geography text books.
Reliving others' experiences of their trips on my screen, that's what I love about travelogues.
I had made my first attempt to join the forum in July 2018. Got rejected.
In my second attempt in August 19, made it successfully :)
Other sections I actively check since becoming a member are The Indian Car Scene, Street Experiences and Ownership reviews.
These days, I have started reading official new car reviews as well.
I never really read any car reviews even though I used to purchase auto magazines once in a blue moon.
Honestly, I had never seen such in-depth reviews, innumerable photos from all angles and all corners, covering the minutest bits.
The reviews themselves are intuitive.
To add to the convenience- a separate post dedicated to the Index is icing on the cake.
To sum it up, team bhp has become an essential part of my life and I wish it the best of luck :thumbs up

Happy 16th Birthday team-bhp !!

This forum and its members have given so many insights into varied topics with personal experiences thrown in that it is truly a one site for all. Kudos to all the members and the moderators for keeping the quality of this forum intact.

Happy birthday Team-BHP. Many thanks to GTO and the mods and all members contributing to this wonderful community!

Jeroen

Happy 16th Birthday Team - BHP
Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO (Post 4751096)
Get this, in 2019, the team devised a new process whereby the membership approval rate shot up by almost FOUR TIMES.

I am thankful for this new process because of which my membership was approved. I had applied for a membership sometime in 2014 (I guess) and after it wasn't approved, stayed a lurker for 5 years.
Apart from advice about cars, there are wonderful threads about all the topics under the sun. Browsing through the website is really informative and educational. Happy Birthday once again.

Happy 16th to the Team-BHP family. The team has come a long way and made a huge difference in the lives of so many people. As far me, Not a day goes by where I don't check the posts in Team-BHP and it is a feast to watch various threads about Automobile engineering, Books, music, Travelogues. Get insights in to people's life in 40's , retirement threads clap:
To sum it up, if you are a keen observer, there is everyday learning in this forum and am really proud to be part of this family clap:

Happy 16th Team-BHP. what a wonderful journey it has been!

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO (Post 4751096)
For those who are relatively new to Team-BHP, this is how basic our homepage looked a decade ago:

That's when I enrolled and It's hard to believe that it's more than a decade ago.

Talking of Trivia here are some from my side

1. I was in the distant Ladakh and someone recognises me by my TBHP handle. Just another proof that TBHP is a conversation starter anywhere in the world!
Quote:

Originally Posted by hemanth.anand (Post 3168117)
I parked the car and went up to the huge area around the statue.
Avinash came after 5 minutes. he was talking to some other tourists on the parking lot.

Avinash came to me and told that the other tourist was a TBHPian. He spoke to him seeing the LTD sticker on our car.
He didn't remember his handle but it seems that that guy reads my posts. So it would be great if he can identify himself after seeing this travelogue

2. Helping out your friends is one thing...going out of your way to help people that you've never seen is totally another thing. It's special to TBHP. I was in the city of joy Kolkata and had planned to go to drive to Siliguri relying completely on GMaps. That's when a fellow BHPian saved me with his local knowledge and made that trip truly joyful. below is the incident
Quote:

Originally Posted by hemanth.anand (Post 3444367)

I called Sutripta and got to know the terrain, the road conditions and other details. My initial plan was to go to Siliguri on NH 34.
On browsing I came to know that NH34 is not a good road from time immemorial and had no signs of being repaired. I still remember Sutripta's reaction on saying that my plan was to go on that road.
It was just two words that he spoke and it summed everything up...he just said "Oh God!" :)

He told me that he will keep in touch with me the next day when we drive. I just noted down all the places and thanked him.
If not for Team-BHP, I wouldn't have contacted Sutripta and my journey would have been hell! How much ever I thank TBHP, it’s never enough.

3. When you are a TBHPian and you sport a sticker, be careful you are being watched! :D
If Ladakh and Kolkata was not enough, in the neighbouring Kerala, a TBHPian recognises you by your car and spends time chit chatting...it's a nice family feeling. More on that below.
Quote:

Originally Posted by hemanth.anand (Post 3880049)
As we were doing this, I saw a Punto and someone from inside giving a friendly wave to me.
I saw some TBHP stickers and responded back.
I got out and immediately one guy got down and asked me if I was hemanth? “Yes I am” I said.
For us, at that point in time, a local BHPian was the most helpful person to find.
He was Klubclass a.ka. Amith ES. He was with his father.

4. If you think TBHP is for cars, you haven't shifted gears! from Carnatic music to Air crash investigation; From share market to regional movies; from Supermarkets to cricket analysis; from Career guidance to medical advice. You get information about everything under the sky.

5. The recognition you get is unbiased. Any member, irrespective of what he is, where he is from, gets recognised for his contribution to the forum. I'm lucky to have got those 5 stars under my handle. My colleagues have asked me many times if I work for our company or TBHP!

Congratulations TeamBHP on turning 16, two more years for your driving license :)
Truly amazing community with everything under the sun. Glad to be part of it.
Happy Birthday.

Happy 16th Birthday to Team - BHP. Its my daily go to site, and I have been religiously following T-BHP ever since I joined, in 2007. A rare camaraderie, tons and tons of information from various forums, not only on anything and everything on wheels, but on so many diverse topics! Over the past few years, my annual family vacation has been to places that i read about, in T-BHP travellogues. Most of the items I have in my car are from going thru the various posts in T-BHP.

I am very happy to be associated with this forum for quite some time now. Havent crossed 1000 posts, to become a senior BHPian, but I guess, I am content with being a BHPian for now. Thanks to Rush GTO Parekh and the entire team of Mods and D-BHPians for keeping this site rocking! Wishing T-BHP, many more years of success and vibrancy!!

First and foremost, Happy 16th birthday, Team-BHP!

Forget India, it's really hard to find such a dedicated community of petrolheads to strive hard, day and night, to create such an unbiased, detailed, comprehensive forum that involves all things to all men and women, while balancing their professional lives for the sake of one of the largest and competitive automotive markets in the world, while steering clear of any sort of unprofessionalism or paid endorsement since it's inception, anywhere in this world! And I'm not saying it to appease anyone, just a honest opinion from the bottom of my heart.

While I've been a member only since last December , I've been following the forum for a long time, thanks in no small part to my brother and fellow bhp-ian GeneralJazz, who has been a member for a couple of years. I've since then discarded pretty much every other source of automotive news, including car magazines and Jeremy Clarkson, as I became engrossed in the wonderful threads, including Official Car Reviews with fanatical attention to detail, well written and beautifully edited travelogues that ignited the adventurer in me.

But most of all? The News. The threads are always steaming with hot scoops, rumors. Then there are the complaints and ownership threads that paint a true picture of what it's like owning a car in India. The endless Skoda horror stories, the scamming exotic car and bike dealers, heck even the cheating Maruti Suzuki dealers we trust more than our better halves- you don't get to hear any of those from the local media. In a country where consumer laws are alarmingly lax, it's very easy for manufacturers to step out of ethical grounds for the sake of profits, risking the lives of consumers who pay big, hard-earned bucks for their vehicles. In such a state, it's very crucial,that such a group of "vigilantes" should exist, to point out the manufacturers and their corrupt practices. If it weren't for public outcry, we'd still be driving cars with carburetors and no airbags double the prices!

Through the endless efforts of various enthusiasts, Team-BHP has no doubt, become the public voice of the automotive scene and we should strive to continue being so. With such a big number of supporters, members and non-members included, we should continue hunting for malpractices by dealers and their bosses alike, this single objective singlehandedly has redefined the Indian automotive scene, and I hope it continues to do so.

Attaching a pic of my trusty workhorse. 8 years and just 41,000 Kms in, still works as fine as new. Here's to more and more miles in it, and with this wonderful forum I had the privilege of getting in:thumbs up.

On Team-BHP's 16th birthday, some fun & interesting trivia on our community-20200214_143344.jpg