Team-BHP - On Team-BHP's 16th birthday, some fun & interesting trivia on our community
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Announcements (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/announcements/)
-   -   On Team-BHP's 16th birthday, some fun & interesting trivia on our community (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/announcements/219077-team-bhps-16th-birthday-some-fun-interesting-trivia-our-community-9.html)

Happy Birthday, Team-BHP!

I stumbled across this gem of a forum back in the year 2009 at the age of 18. Was a member within a year and my first car, a Punto 90HP (now 8 years young, still going strong) was a result of browsing through endless reviews here. Funnily enough, in 2013 I could not access my account because I had forgotten my password stupid: and my recovery email address was no longer in use.

Applied for membership once again in 2018 and was selected. These days I do not advise people what car to buy but rather ask them to read the detailed reviews here and make a decision.

Thanks GTO and all the mods for nurturing this forum so well.

Happy 16th Birthday Team-BHP! A BIG shout-out to GTO and all the Mods for maintaining high quality standards in the forum. Thank you to all the members for their continuous contribution and making this forum a vast pool of quality automobile knowledge. Cheers to all on this wonderful occasion!

Congratulations on the 16th Birthday. I am privileged to be part of this journey since 2009.

I love the fact that this is the ONLY unbiased forum in the country. Not only the forum help wit the automotive section but also other sections.

I am proud to be a part of this epic forum and thank not only the Mods and GTO but also every member, for their contributions.

I am still waiting to put the LTD sticker on a car though the love cars has found place in a couple of my cars
Long live TeamBHP.

Regards
RoS

A belated but very happy birthday to team bhp. I cant remember the last day I didn't visit the forum. Very happy also to have finally taken the plunge last dussehra to become a member. Definitely among my top 3 highlights of 2019.

PS: whenever i see a fake "live to drive" sticker on a cab I keep wondering why some enterprising Uber driver doesn't make a mock "drive to live" onestupid:

What a great time to get my Team-bhp membership approved. Happy Birthday, Team-bhp. I owe my brother a huge thank you to introduce it to me. I have been hooked for 9-10 years and have spent countless hours reading through 1000s of pages.

Thanks to all the moderators to keep the content of the forum of the highest quality!

Looking forward to many more years of Team-bhp revving the automotive community. clap:

Happy B'day #16 Team-BHP clap:
I'm happy to be part of this wonderful forum since 2011 (though I got membership in 2009, but didn't post for almost a year+).

During this time, I've learnt a lot, be it automotive related, or about various places, routes, or just about anything. I've also shared a lot (of whatever little I know) on various topics, a few travelogues, couple of ownership reviews and now I've also re-invented myself from a health/wellbeing/fitness perspective (some say it's my 2.0 avatar) all thanks to the wonderful people that are part of this forum.

In case you're wondering, it's the great advice on the Weight Loss thread that has helped me lose about 14Kg, 3.5 inches off the waist, just by making a few lifestyle changes :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO (Post 4751096)
• Our first "big" moment of celebration was when we had all of 41 users online, and we thought the entire world is on Team-BHP. IIRC, that night, Revvmaster was over at my place and we celebrated by eating tacos + watching this M3 CSL video. We played it over & over again to listen to that wicked exhaust note:

Damn, you still remember this, eh GTO? Those were great days, fun days. And thanks to T-B and all the great friends I made here in the initial days, I could spend the last 15 years as a part of the automotive industry. May it continue to be the trailblazer it has always been.

Keep Revvin

Revvmaster

I am late to the party unfortunately due to a hectic schedule at work. In the few years I have been here as a member and a few more as a reader, I have learnt a lot - Be it automotive tech, trivia, reviews all the way to language, lifestyle and what not. Nevertheless, today quite a few non petrol heads I know recognize TBHP and me being a member here. Apart from this, the biggest takeaway from here is the amount of friends I have made out of the forum. Today, we are more close offline than online and have met people from various walks of life. That has been immensely beneficial to us and I am happy about what we have gained through this forum. Times change and so do our lives and hence we see differences in participation, interactions and topics, but I believe what is already here is a big encyclopedia and that is very valuable.

Happy birthday TEAM-BHP and wish you many more to come. clap:

Quote:

Wishing our beloved Team-BHP a very happy 16th birthday clap:! On this special occasion, I thought of sharing with you some fun & interesting trivia on Team-BHP.

I just started writing & researching the same way I did that thread. Such are the incredible coincidences of life!

GTO & Team, In almost a decade that I have been a member of this forum, I have only seen the quality and the commitment towards it increase

Hats Off to the team in keeping the highest standards and most importantly influencing so many lives positively not just pertaining to automotive decisions but so much more

Congratulations and keep revving clap:

Quote:

Wishing our beloved Team-BHP a very happy 16th birthday clap:!

• The Shifting Gears forum was a favourite from 2004 itself, and we knew it'll be popular because car enthusiasts can greatly contribute to a "lifestyle" forum (proof is the recent DMart thread). The diversity of topics in Shifting Gears is mind boggling = we have discussions on tattoos, blood donors, pets, H1B visas, veganism, rock shows, weight loss, poetry, real estate & pretty much anything to do with Indian life. Fact = Shifting Gears helped me lose 20 kilos (see before & after pics) & quit smoking.

Happy birthday TBHP. Sweet 16..
I agree on the point about Shifting Gears Forum. I spend a lot of time there and have come across incredible advice on multiple things (finance, tech, life, hobbies, gadgets, health) which comes from genuine people. No surprises then that whenever I need advice on something TBHP is one of my top choices for inputs.

Here's to many more birthdays and growth and camaraderie to this community of ours.

S

Quote:

• Back of the envelope calculations indicate that about 1,500 - 2,000 Team-BHP Meets of varying sizes have been organized so far. I myself have been to ~100.

Another meet happened today, also celebrated it with a cake. Meet thread from organizer 'mohansrides' is here - link.

Bikes of Mumbai & Pune BHPians, photo courtesy 'jomson13'

On Team-BHP's 16th birthday, some fun & interesting trivia on our community-img202002161026.jpg

Some BHPian riders from Mumbai & Pune, photo courtesy 'Monaro CV8'

On Team-BHP's 16th birthday, some fun & interesting trivia on our community-img202002160806.jpg

Cake, photo courtesy 'jomson13'

On Team-BHP's 16th birthday, some fun & interesting trivia on our community-img20200216cake.jpg

Happy 16th birthday Team BHP!! Very proud to be a BHPian

Very Happy Birthday Team-BHP!

More than cars, I just love the Travelogues in this forum. Got inspired to take long road trips after reading about them in this forum and have loved them.

The issue of the Engine Head vibration problem of the first batch of VW Polo's launched in India was also first reported here. I don't think it was reported elsewhere. Unfortunately, I was a buyer of the first batch and experienced the problem myself. Fortunately, I was aware of it, after having read all about it in T-BHP, and knew exactly what to expect. This is just one practical example of the usefulness of this forum.

God bless Team-BHP. Thanks to all the moderators for all the efforts !!

Congratulations and thanks for all the members and mods for keeping this community as stable as a rock.

The era of online forums is long gone, but we have sustained, growing and growing younger every day.clap: I am sure we have several members who are born after Team-Bhp.

I sometimes wished that we should also have a stamp in every social network, for example our official reviews if loaded in YouTube would give other reviewers a run for their money and would further expand our reach to benefit a larger section of society, the non-reading / prefer watching segment.

Happy 16th Birthday to Team-BHP! I am proud to be a part of such a community. Its a great achievement to keep it running in full steam for 16 years when other social media sights are struggling to keep the interest alive.

I think it largely also due to the quality of contents available on the forum and the Mods sticking to the core principles and values outlined.

Hats off to GTO all the Mods and all the TBHP Members clap: