Team-BHP - The Team-BHP Story
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Announcements (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/announcements/)
-   -   The Team-BHP Story (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/announcements/58011-team-bhp-story-5.html)

Smashed all records!
official records show 30275 @ 1529hrs.
Cheers!! clap:
The Team-BHP Story-counter.jpg

Original Post

It's Team-BHP's 9th birthday and we couldn't think of a better way to celebrate than to completely overhaul our engines!

Our brand-new home page retains Team-BHP's core colours of black, red, grey and white. The Team-BHP forum is an encyclopedia of information on the Indian automotive scene. Thus, our focus has been to develop a website around the expansive forum. The community remains the soul of Team-BHP; our new site's objective is to make finding the most important information (hottest threads, news, reviews, articles etc.) easy. We're going to make it simpler for you to keep yourself updated on the latest & the greatest; all you need to do is start off your Team-BHP visit with the home page. Our logo has also undergone a makeover. While retaining the same design theme, it's more with the times now.

15.6 lakh visitors came to Team-BHP in January 2013. We hope all of you find value in our new design. Happy Birthday Team-BHP! Keep on Revvin'

The New Team-BHP:
The Team-BHP Story-newhome.jpg

Team-BHP's Old Face:
The Team-BHP Story-oldhome.jpg

Original Post

Now Team-BHP has evolved, It has got mind and goals of its own. That assures me that where ever the Indian automotive scene goes in the future, It will have its updates and discussions prominently on this elite group.
If i were to imagine where it all will be in 20 years from now, I can think of global automotive network from Team-BHP and the tagline might as well say:
"Redlining The World Automotive Scene":I Rule:.

Nice to see TBHP growing like never before... I don't know if it's such a good idea to bring up this question on forum, but hey GTO and other moderators, are you guys paying any attention to the SEO aspect also? I guess the site can rack up a lot more pageviews if proper attention is given to the SEO aspect.

I own an SEO company (which has just turned 4 years old today btw), and not that I'm trying to be a marketing mind here, but I think I can help (even if it's for free!).

We could also start "International Car News" section, alongside the "International Automotive Scene".

I've built many automotive blogs in past, which have racked up over million pageviews as well, so I know a thing or two about whatever I'm talking about.

Pls PM me if my ideas make any sense :)

The Team-BHP Story-2004-teambhp.png

Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will - Mahatma Gandhi

Up until 2004, a powerful medium driven entirely by me (the Indian car owner & enthusiast) was simply unthinkable in India.

My community was born on this day in Feb '04. It was tiny, it was independent. The driving force was a fire in my belly & the pure love for cars in my heart.

In the 3653 days since, I've built an all-encompassing encyclopedia on Indian cars. Anything & everything that's to be said on the automotive scene, I've said it.....exactly like it is. Today, my forum has nearly 20 lakh unique visitors each month, reading 32 lakh posts in 1.16 lakh threads, all created by me. I am the BHPian and, thanks to Team-BHP, I have 81,000 other enthusiasts to exchange thoughts & ideas with everyday. Together, we're a force to reckon with.

It's been a decade of fun, a decade of learning, a decade of truth and a decade of building relationships in this home of mine. I am particularly proud of the fact that our core value system hasn't changed; it is rock solid and only gets stronger with time. The petrol in our veins is of the purest, highest octane variety.

The commitment, leadership and dedication of the Support Team is deeply respected. Hats off to .Anshuman, Aah78, Aditya, Ajmat, Bblost, Benbsb29, DerAlte, Dippy, Eddy, FlyingSpur, GTO, Jaggu, Karlosdeville, Khan_Sultan, Manson, Mobike008, Moralfibre, MPower, Navin, N_aditya, Noopster, Parrys, Rehaan, Rtech, Rudra Sen, Samurai, Stratos, Suhaas307, Technocrat, TheMAG, TSK1979, Vid6639 and Zappo.

Here's looking forward to the next 10 years. I know there can only be greater things ahead for us.

Keep Revving and God bless,

Every BHPian

Original Post

11 years ago
…I got a phone call from someone I'd never spoken to in my life. I joined his MSN community. Sounds legit… right?

…I visited the site several times a day. Ooh someone has replied to my post, yay!

…we crossed Ts and dotted Is of every post we came across. Just so the site looked better.

…we deleted old photos, so we could upload new ones. 1 MB attachment limit per account, you see.

…we got more and more familiar with each other. Quite a cool and intelligent bunch, as it turned out.

…we were embarrassed to say "Yeah, I know him. Ummm, we met online…". But that would change... :)

10 years ago
…we moved to our own site. Team-BHP. Hmmm, sounds good. We can re-name it if we think of something better.

…we brainstormed section names. What should we call the chit-chat section? Something cool and automotive…. Hmmm.

…there was a record-high of 17 users online. We celebrated.

hey GTO, check this out - someone found us via Google. Unreal!

…we didn't realise that we'd never have another 'day off' for a long long time, and never complain about it either.

…we shared a passion - and maybe we didn't know it at the time; but we started something really, really special.

Today
….we are a FAMILY of 80,000+. On-line, and off-line too.

…100,000 guests hang out in our home daily, and listen in on our conversations with interest.

…3.3 million little nuggets of information have been shared. Each one personally crafted with care, to help whomever comes across it.

…the hospitality, consideration and help that has been shared between BHPians is truly incredible. It consistently amazes me and makes me proud.

…it has been 10 years of giving it everything we've got, and loving every minute of it.

…it's still just the very beginning, and I look forward to this journey with each and every one of you.

Thank you
Thank you Team-BHP.

Thank you to every single reader. I hope you know that you're just as much a BHPian as anyone else. :thumbs up

Thank you to all the members here, be it newbies, BHPians or DBHPians.

Thank you to the Mod team. What a great bunch of guys (and the Support Forum is my favourite section… shhh)

And thank you GTO! Take a bow, seriously.
Without your initiative, planning and diligence, there's absolutely no way Team-BHP would be the truly amazing phenomenon that it is today!

And BHPians, here's a little birthday present for you:
The Team-BHP Story-04livetodrivekeychain.jpg

Original Post

Incredibly happy to announce that Team-BHP will be moving to E2E Networks soon!

We've been with our current host since '09. It was a great journey for the first couple of years; however, the last few quarters threw up many challenging situations, where the provided resolution was far from satisfactory. Team-BHP has only been with two hosting providers so far. With the first (2004 - 2009), we outgrew their hardware. With the current, we've outgrown their support.

Team-BHP is banking on E2E Networks for uptime, reliability & speed. Having the servers located closer to you, our forum ought to be running blazing fast. Just how we like our cars :D.

Special thanks to Tarun Dua from E2E Networks & BHPian Codelust (Shyam Somanadh) for making this happen.

The first round of data migration is complete. Our servers (3 in total) are currently being tuned, with the various software being set up & optimised. Their team is working hard to ensure that we're revving on E2E's engines in a couple of days.

A peek into the Tier III+ Datacenter:

The Team-BHP Story-1.jpg

The Team-BHP Story-2.jpg

The Team-BHP Story-4.jpg

The Team-BHP Story-5.jpg

Original Post

Just in time for winter :)

The Team-BHP Story-rehaan-frontwithoutmodel-v4-copy-vertical.jpg

Get your name or Team-BHP handle printed directly on our new line of Team-BHP Official Gear!
The Team-BHP Story-img_5754-copy.jpg

The personalized print on the hoodie looks fantastic and matches the crisp 'Team-BHP' text perfectly:
The Team-BHP Story-img_5762-copy.jpg

Up to 18 characters in length, with special characters / numbers allowed, especially for you creative-username owners:
The Team-BHP Story-img_5721-customized-copy.jpg

The hoodie is jet black and the inside of the hood has a soft charcoal-grey lining to add some contrast:
The Team-BHP Story-img_5726-upload-copy.jpg

Here's what you'll find 'under the hood':
The Team-BHP Story-img_5734-copy.jpg

The model range for now :)
The Team-BHP Story-img_5778-copy.jpg

EDIT: Inline-4 & W16 added!
The Team-BHP Story-i4w16-img_5785.jpg

High Points:
• Our hoodies are made from a 300 GSM poly-cotton blend (90% cotton / 10% poly).
• The light grey "TEAM-BHP" logotype has the sharpest edges you'll ever see on a print!
• Unlike conventional prints, it won't crack or peel even after several washes.
• There's fluffy super-soft fleece on the inside to keep you warm.
• The cuffs and waistband have a snug fit and a healthy serving of Lycra to keep them consistently elastic.
• There's an interconnected fleece-lined pocket at the front.
• Limited Stock! Might be re-stocked, as well as the addition of S / 3XL sizes, depending on demand...

STORE LINK

Original Post

Just finished each and every post in this thread. One word can sum up thoughts in my head: RESPECT
What an achievement to create this platform!
With less than a month to go for another anniversary (of many many more to come), here's a big salute to the founders, moderators and everyone responsible for bringing this delightful knowledge source on the most important invention of humankind. Keep revving!

ha! How did I miss this one! I read through the initial few. The first steps and the excitement. Great stuff. Is there a thread on chronological sequence of events/milestones? First car reviewed?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Traveller Nayak (Post 3627919)
ha! How did I miss this one! I read through the initial few. The first steps and the excitement. Great stuff. Is there a thread on chronological sequence of events/milestones? First car reviewed?

Most(if not all) of the posts are in chronological order, check Post # 25 for information on first car reviewed :)

I completed 10 years in Team-BHP today. What a journey it has been... Since then 80% of the my friends were made via Team-BHP.

I was attracted to Team-BHP mainly by the test drive review of Fiat Petra by GTO. Then I started my first what car thread to discuss my options, and I was convinced to buy Baleno, a car I was not even aware of before that.

Hmm, I don't think I can reduce my 10 years of Team-BHP experiences to few sentences or few paragraphs. So I am not going to try... :D

@ Mods: just a question: I have been trying to read about the business model of T-BHP but couldn't find the relevant thread. I am sure hosting on the fancy servers, maintenance, office, staff, doesn't come cheap.

Is there a thread on the topic, or can you shed some light on this? Thanks!

(please delete this post if against our rules)

Quote:

Originally Posted by avdhesh15 (Post 3918865)
@ Mods: just a question: I have been trying to read about the business model of T-BHP but couldn't find the relevant thread. I am sure hosting on the fancy servers, maintenance, office, staff, doesn't come cheap.

Is there a thread on the topic, or can you shed some light on this? Thanks!

(please delete this post if against our rules)

Easy enough to guess - all paid by advertising!
PS: Merchandise profits would also help, but I can't see that being a major source.

I've been with the forum for more than a couple of years now but never chanced upon this until today!
The journey has been phenomenal to say the least and until i read through this i just had no idea of how it all originated.
If nothing else, certainly makes it feel more special to be a part of the forum.
Thank you for sustaining this and keeping it just as pure as it was on day 1.