Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Bangalore
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th November 2012, 13:08   #1
Senior - BHPian

Wheel Alignment / Balance : Tyre Empire (HSR Layout, Bangalore)

Services offered:
Complete tyre care. Most brands tyres, wheel alignment/Balancing, wheel fitment, puncture repairs, alloy wheels, wiper blades etc

What I like:
  • Very swift and professional in their approach.
  • Delivered the vehicle before the promised time.
  • Quite accomodating to ad-hoc requests which was not specified in the job card.
  • Cleaning of all the alloy wheels from inside part as well.
  • Ample parking space available if you need to wait.
  • Cheap tubeless puncture repair prices.

What I don't like:
  • No test drives taken by the Aligning person to check on the work done even though there were less cars.

Speciality / USP:
  • Latest equipment in tyre care with trained technicians.

Contact Information
Tyre Empire
No. 11, 27th Main, HSR Layout,
Sector - 1, Opp Meenakshi Classic Apartment,
Bangalore - 560034
Tel: 080-22581918

Rating: **** / 5

Location Map:

Wheel Alignment / Balance : Tyre Empire (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-tyre_empire.jpg
motomaverick is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th November 2012, 14:05   #2
BHPian

re: Wheel Alignment / Balance : Tyre Empire (HSR Layout, Bangalore)

Good I was planning for Wheel Alignment/Balancing and this place is quite near to my place
Any idea how they charge for various services like puncture etc
Old 30th November 2012, 14:46   #3
BHPian

re: Wheel Alignment / Balance : Tyre Empire (HSR Layout, Bangalore)

I have been to this place twice. Their service is good and equipment is good too. Dont recall how much I paid last time, Rs.400-Rs600 if I am not mistaken. They are the authorized dealer for Michelin tyres and have a sizable numbers of tyres in stock and they have a small collection of alloys too.

In short, I would recommend the place.

Last edited by mac187 : 30th November 2012 at 14:47.
Old 5th December 2012, 11:56   #4
Senior - BHPian

Re: Wheel Alignment / Balance : Tyre Empire (HSR Layout, Bangalore)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aka_iitd View Post
Good I was planning for Wheel Alignment/Balancing and this place is quite near to my place
One Puncture on my tire was Rs. 100 (Tubeless)
Wheel alignment was Rs. 362
Wheel balancing (4 wheels) Rs. 180

The above are current prices which I think are quite reasonable.
Old 5th December 2012, 21:14   #5
BHPian

Ever Since they opened store at HSR Layout, I have been going to them for alignment, puncture repairs etc. and I had found them very professional in their approach.

On their recommendation, I had filled Nitrogen in my car tires and I was told that I can do the top ups for my car for free at their facility and I shouldn’t be topping up from any petrol bunks as their meters are not calibrated.

Today, when I went there for the regular top up, I was told that they do not do Nitrogen top ups any longer and they fill Nitrogen only for vehicles which do wheel alignment from them. On inquiring further, they vaguely mentioned that their compressor burst due to frequent top ups and they have decided not to do top ups any more. I think their clientele has increased now and hence they no longer wants to entertain people stopping by for top ups.

Is there any good place at HSR Layout that do Nitrogen top ups?

-- Wind
Wind is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th February 2013, 20:12   #6
BHPian

If you fill up Rs 1000 or more petrol/Diesel at IOC Petrol Bunk (at 19th Main) opposite to purva vantage appartments, they will fill free nitrogen for ur car.
navrddy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2013, 21:36   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

I have been to Tyre Empire quite a few times over the last year. I had initially gone to them to get a tyre puncture fixed and was quite happy with the overall experience. I had mentioned that I was on the lookout for 98 PCD alloys and had told them to let me know if they come across stocks. They did manage to find a good set of alloys and I said goodbye to the stock rims on my Punto. The staff there are very courteous, knowledgeable and friendly and you will leave with the mindset that you will return here the next time you have tyre issues.

It isnt all perfect though. Like motomaverick pointed out, they dont do a test drive after alignment even if there isnt a long line of waiting cars. So what happens is that you get your alignment done, they show you a proper report and explain how your alignment was off, how it has been corrected and how you will not have any issues etc. And then you take your car out, drive for a minute or two and realise that it is pulling to one side .... Ive had to go back a couple of times to get the alignment re-fixed so that knocks off one star from my rating.

Overall I would recommend this place.
Old 23rd February 2013, 08:38   #8
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
I out, they dont do a test drive after alignment even if there isnt a long line of waiting cars. So what happens is that you get your alignment done, they show you a proper report and explain how your alignment was off, how it has been corrected and how you will not have any issues etc. And then you take your car out, drive for a minute or two and realise that it is pulling to one side .... Ive had to go back a couple of times to get the alignment re-fixed so that knocks off one star from my rating.

Overall I would recommend this place.
Frankly if you do a test drive along pretty much any road in HSR or 27th Main Road OR Sarjapur Road, the roads are so badly maintained and so badly banked that any car will pull you along in all sorts of directions simply because it will follow the direction of the path of least resistance...!
Old 23rd February 2013, 12:29   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navrddy View Post
If you fill up Rs 1000 or more petrol/Diesel at IOC Petrol Bunk (at 19th Main) opposite to purva vantage appartments, they will fill free nitrogen for ur car.
The issue is the quality of fuel at this outlet. My wife used to fill up petrol in her scooter at this outlet regularly and during service the mechanic found dirt in the fuel filter.

-- Wind
Old 25th February 2013, 12:24   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aka_iitd View Post
I am a regular customer for this place. As others quoted, definitely recommend them.I took my car for alignment & balancing last week and below are the prices.

Balancing : Rs.180
Weights : Rs. 128 (They charge per gram and also depends if the wheel is alloy/normal- Mine was normal, the charges are high if its alloy)
Alignment: Rs.380( They have differential pricing here again based on the vehicle size-hatch/sedan/MUV/SUV)

If you are running on normal air and wish to change to nitrogen they do so by charging Rs.30 per wheel, previously they offered unlimited top-ups on nitrogen and recently they stopped.They services are pretty neat and fast.
Old 26th February 2013, 07:47   #11
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Frankly if you do a test drive along pretty much any road in HSR or 27th Main Road OR Sarjapur Road, the roads are so badly maintained and so badly banked that any car will pull you along in all sorts of directions simply because it will follow the direction of the path of least resistance...!
Hahaha I totally agree. In fact, because of Tyre Empire, Ive ended up finding the handful of roads in the area that are well maintained and where you can check whether the call is genuinely pulling to one side or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wind View Post
The issue is the quality of fuel at this outlet. My wife used to fill up petrol in her scooter at this outlet regularly and during service the mechanic found dirt in the fuel filter.

-- Wind
Ive been filling from there regularly and have had no issues whatsoever with the quality of fuel. The free nitrogen top up does help Ive noticed that a lot of cabbies fill their Indicas upto the brim at this petrol pump. Maybe Im mistaken but Ive generally seen that the pumps where cabbies fill up from tend to have good quality fuel.

That being said Ive got the maximum mileage ever on my R15 when I did a tank full from the Shell pump in Bomanhalli. The lack of a nitrogen top up in Shell is a bummer. In fact Ive had occasions where the staff in the Shell pump have told me that they cant fill air into my vehicle because it is a solar charged air pump and being a cloudy day they arent able to fill up. Im not kidding.

Last edited by neil.jericho : 26th February 2013 at 07:49.
Old 27th February 2013, 00:19   #12
ACS
BHPian

I am regular customer of Tyre Empire HSR Layout, 27th Main since they started there. I am extremely happy with their services and they the way they treat customers. Personally I know the floor managers(Sendil, Arvin and Gopi) they are very friendly and informative. Also I referred many of my friends for Tyre/alloy purchases. They do give some reduction in the final price. The machineries are from Hunter and they use fresh lead pieces for balancing.
Old 12th March 2013, 17:47   #13
BHPian

i had dropped in today to the place to enquire on doing a tire rotation along with wheel alignment and they suggested to check even the balancing as its better to do while doing the alignment. Well below where the rates for the Octavia.
tire rotation labor 100Rs
wheel alignment 450Rs
Wheel balancing 45Rs per wheel and 1Rs per gram for the weight to be added.
the overall process would take 45mins it seems.

since there was a car waiting to do the alignment and i was running out of time i dint happen to do today. They offered even to drop me and pick me up from office which was good (but note its using your car ).
Old 18th March 2013, 19:39   #14
BHPian

Sunday (17.03.13) i had noticed my Rear tyre lost almost 10 psi within 2 weeks, after filling air (i usually fill by coido air compressor, and then check with another pressure gauge - with around 34 psi for my wagon).

So, i sensed why dont i get it checked once with tyre empire. So i did. Immediately they took up my car for checking (respective tyre dismantled).
Immediately they told me, it is a puncture (small nail), removed the nail and fixed the puncture (tubeless).

They took around 112 rs, which i feel is reasonable considering they were very quick in doing so(around 15 mins).

and within above stipulated time, i am out with fixed puncture.
Old 26th March 2013, 21:53   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinHead View Post
i had dropped in today to the place to enquire on doing a tire rotation along with wheel alignment and they suggested to check even the balancing as its better to do while doing the alignment. Well below where the rates for the Octavia.
tire rotation labor 100Rs
wheel alignment 450Rs
Wheel balancing 45Rs per wheel and 1Rs per gram for the weight to be added.
the overall process would take 45mins it seems.

since there was a car waiting to do the alignment and i was running out of time i dint happen to do today. They offered even to drop me and pick me up from office which was good (but note its using your car ).
Why are they charging you extra for tyre rotation? Cant they just do this while doing wheel balancing?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks