Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Bangalore
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th May 2015, 10:21   #76
BHPian

Re: Automotive Garage - Automechs (Koramangala, Bangalore)

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsashishsharma View Post
From my past experience with Navin in last 2 years, you go and meet him. For my Swift, he had purchased the parts and given me the bills from Maruti Genuine Parts. He is an honest guy with a lot a expertise. It hardly matters whether you source the parts or he does as long as he stands honest and shows enthusiasm. My house is at walkable distance from his garage, so may be I can drop by sometime to have a good look at your beauty.
Thanks for Confidence,

The reason I asked about the spare parts is that I have already procured spares worth 50K and another 30K is on order from 99RPM. Now I cannot go back on these spares and would like someone to accept these and fit them, off course they would get the business of repainting and others things.

Somehow I lost the confidence on my mechanic at the last moment after the Alternator Belt he had replaced turned out be local made.

I will surely meet him sometime this week or early next week.

Regards
Old 11th May 2015, 10:22   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chandrda View Post
I have a question

Does Naveen insist on buying the spare parts on his own or is he more than willing to fit the spare parts if sourced by the car owner.

I am asking this, because I have been sourcing the spare parts for my 2003 Palio GTX over the last 2 months and will continue for another month. In June I am planning for repainting the entire car and resort major worn out parts.

I am still looking at the options and not zeroed on the garage. This is one car restoration I don't want to mess up since I have argued to no end with my wifey and others on this

Regards
It does not really matter to him. You can very well source the parts on your own.
vinayrathore is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th May 2015, 11:36   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for Confidence,

The reason I asked about the spare parts is that I have already procured spares worth 50K and another 30K is on order from 99RPM. Now I cannot go back on these spares and would like someone to accept these and fit them, off course they would get the business of repainting and others things.

Somehow I lost the confidence on my mechanic at the last moment after the Alternator Belt he had replaced turned out be local made.

I will surely meet him sometime this week or early next week.

Regards
Sounds like I should expect a hell of a restoration thread.
I don't think it would be a problem for him to accept parts sourced by you. When you tell him that you are a bhpian and going for a big time restoration with a GTX, you could see his eyes shining with excitement and joy. He takes extra care of bhpians and enthusiasts.
Old 14th May 2015, 09:44   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsashishsharma View Post
Sounds like I should expect a hell of a restoration thread.
I am hoping it will come out as expected, since I am not doing any modification and it will 100% restoration to original.

I am planning to meet Naveen on Saturday and get a feel.

Regards
Old 19th October 2015, 10:49   #80
BHPian

Guys I own a Mercedes C220 CDI, Off late im hearing some screeching noise from the front left suspension. I checked at the show room and they said that I have to replace the entire front suspension.
Can you guys suggest any good garage/repair shop in Bangalore where i can get it checked ?
Thanks in advance
Old 19th October 2015, 11:02   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMG_ang View Post
Can you guys suggest any good garage/repair shop in Bangalore where i can get it checked ?
As you have posted in this thread, why don't you just drive to automechs and consult with Navin? He has been reported good with a lot of variety of cars, so why not your CDI? At least he would be honest with you. Once he fixed my old Swift's suspension rattle for Rs.150 whereas another garage asked me to get the suspension replaced.
itsashishsharma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th January 2016, 19:00   #82
BHPian

Quote:
I am hoping it will come out as expected, since I am not doing any modification and it will 100% restoration to original.

I am planning to meet Naveen on Saturday and get a feel.

Regards
Hi, so does he do work upon the items sourced by owners? I am also in such a situation. I have a steering wheel which I sourced for Polo GT TSI and I need some one to install the same and to check via VCDS software (I dont know much about it, but I guess we can check the status for any errors with that).

Is there any other garage also who can do this work especially some one expereinced with the VCDS software and all (vagtunes will not be an options as I think they wont do installation-only cases).
Old 10th January 2016, 13:33   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrol_power View Post
Hi, so does he do work upon the items sourced by owners? I am also in such a situation. I have a steering wheel which I sourced for Polo GT TSI and I need some one to install the same and to check via VCDS software (I dont know much about it, but I guess we can check the status for any errors with that).
He works if you source items, yes. But not sure about the VCDS thing. Why don't you just call Naveen? Aldo, you can get the steering installed at his place and go get it checked with the software at your nearest VW service centre.
Old 24th March 2016, 10:55   #84
Senior - BHPian

Updating a recent experience with Automechs which turned out to be a saga of multiple visits over the last three weeks but finally ending on a positive note.

My beloved 800 was going through some trouble with the car sputtering and power loss over a month ago. Took it to Naveen who diagnosed it to be a issue with the fuel pump which was replaced with a MGP unit. Also he diagnosed that the engine head gasket rubber was worn and was leaking oil hence it was replaced, so were some more hoses in the engine bay and delivered with engine oil change (was due).

In the next drive the vehicle started to overheat when I took it out for a short 5km run and stalled in the middle of the road. Cranking the motor multiple times made the battery drain out. Called Naveen who promptly send one of his mechanics for road side assistance. Got the vehicle push started and back to his garage.

This time it was diagnosed as a faulty alternator which was replaced with a new TVS unit however the vehicle behaved normally on the other issue of overheating. Back on the road and again the same ordeal of vehicle not starting up and sequence of going back to the garage. This time the culprit was the battery which was replaced by a spare one on a temporary basis and sent back. Now the car was cranking well and seemed all ok.

Again in the very next outing the car went out of breath and stopped in the main road very near to my home. I was quite frustrated by this time and so was Naveen who was aghast and apologetic that problem was not solved.

For the fourth time he got the vehicle picked up and they took out all the parts that were connected to the fuel supply and check which were the fuel tank, fuel lines and the newly fitted fuel pump. Thats when he found out that the piece was faulty and was confirmed by the MGP outlet that they had received similar complaints with such pumps in the present batch.

Naveen later told me that he gave them a mouthful for pushing out parts which were reported to be defective as such an issue cropped up with a second vehicle which he serviced recently which was a Zen. This time Naveen replaced it with a pump sourced locally and tested the car multiple times before delivering it a couple of days before. Touch wood the car is running smoothly in the few outings that I had and the problem seems to be a thing of the past. Now only thing outstanding is that I have to get the replacement battery from the company (Tata Green) in a couple of days. At the hindsight multiple runabouts could have been avoided if the new fuel pump was not faulty.

I thank Naveen for his patience and prompt road side assistance multiple times even when it was his closing time (around 8 PM) and taking personal care to see through the problem and living up to the trust bestowed by his customers.
girishglg is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th December 2016, 16:17   #85
BHPian

Hi guys,
Can you recommend someone who can do a HONDA CRV 2010 Power Steering (hydraulic) overhaul - Honda is asking for 1.35 lakh for rack and pump replacement

Last edited by vivekrvcse : 12th December 2016 at 16:21.
Old 13th December 2016, 14:55   #86
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekrvcse View Post
Hi guys,
Can you recommend someone who can do a HONDA CRV 2010 Power Steering (hydraulic) overhaul - Honda is asking for 1.35 lakh for rack and pump replacement
Ask for part price. If labor is not too much suggest to get it changed at Honda. They give warranty as well. I got them changed at Honda last time. Even other garages have to source the part from Honda. Do not try to overhaul/crome/plate the hydraulic unit. Doesn't work in my experience. Get it replaced.
Old 17th January 2017, 13:07   #87
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMG_ang View Post
Guys I own a Mercedes C220 CDI, Off late im hearing some screeching noise from the front left suspension. I checked at the show room and they said that I have to replace the entire front suspension.
Thanks in advance
Hi AMG,
So did you try out at Automechs for your C220 CDI suspension issues? I have given up on the A.S.S. of MB and seriously considering moving out for smaller issues and only using their services for routine service to maintain service record.
Old 6th February 2017, 18:28   #88
BHPian

So, one fine day when a used car evaluator from MS came over to have a look at my Vento, he propped the bonnet open, and then it would just not shut. I took it to Naveen on Sat and he fixed it in a jiffy, but mentioned that the real problem was a bump from the front had slightly lowered the bumper and engine bay alignment causing the issue, and as of now when the bonnet is closed it touches the headlamp. If opened and closed multiple times, can possibly damage the headlamp. Returned it to him today to have a more thorough look.
Finding his place took a bit, but I called him and he was able to provide right directions. For some reason google maps had him Leo Automechs. Have suggested an edit on google maps as well. Also submitted a photo of his sign board with 2 team-bhp.com stickers. Updated google maps link. https://www.google.co.in/maps/place/...3!4d77.6384293 .
You can search for Haiku Honda Service centre, Race Dynamics or Namma Crossfit on google maps in Koramangala, 1st block area as well. These are all in the same lane.
I found it like and old style workshop. Open area with a bunch of cars, a shed for denting and painting for max 2 cars and a small office room. Your car would most likely be in the open unless it is being painted on. Be fore warned. Naveen is a pleasant person to speak to. I hope he lives up to his reputation on team-bhp.com and my car is fixed. Fingers Crossed.

Last edited by kmadhok : 6th February 2017 at 18:29. Reason: More directions to the location
Old 8th February 2017, 19:39   #89
BHPian

Well. I had a very forgettable experience with this place. This was in Jan.

My Civic had a long dent on the running board while my driver tried to turn too sharp around a high kerb in the corner. Also my car rear passenger door was not locking. I normally go to Honda service but the distance to Whitefield being way too much, decided to call Naveen.

I located the number from the posts / google and called him. He heard me and said he will look into it and it will take 4-5 days as this involves painting. I said I am ok with it as we have a spare car. I also asked if he can get me an actuator for rear passenger door lock from Honda to which also he agreed. I told him I will come next day and will call for directions when on the way. He agreed. This whole conversation was not in a jiffy (actually a long one) and hence I presumed that he understood.

Next day on my way I called him to ask for directions and he wanted to know what I was looking for. I reminded him of the conversation we had and gave some details to remind. To which he said - Too many people call. I do not remember everyone. - Quite curt that was.

I politely said thank you and closed the call. The car went to Whitefield Honda and was attended to in 2 days flat for both issues.

I am sure I am not missing anything. Sorry for the negative feedback but sure wanted to share. And by the way, this place is less than 500 mtrs from my residence whereas Whitefiled Honda is close to 20 kms. Despite that I would rather give a pass to such treatment. Thank you.

Last edited by nareshtrao : 8th February 2017 at 19:42.
Old 8th February 2017, 22:46   #90
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nareshtrao View Post
Well. I had a very forgettable experience with this place. This was in Jan..
Well, customer service is not Naveen's forte; I had experienced that first hand the only time I got work done at his shop - a small bumper panel paint job. You will have to take with a pinch of salt, the timeline he commits to and Naveen is best spoken to face to face rather than over telephone.

The job that he did was not top notch either but in all the hand wringing that ensued, he basically struck me as someone honest, if somewhat a little losey gosey on professionalism. I would not ignore the first bit, the honesty part - Bangalore is a booming city and honest tradesmen who know their craft are hard to come by, at least so far as vehicle mechanics are concerned. At least as an outsider settled here, I have not come across too many dependable FNG set ups.

Since he is close by, you may choose to drop in someday giving him the benefit of the doubt, given his proximity his services may prove handy to you for services which may be a tad more urgent in nature.
hothatchaway is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks