Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Bangalore

Search this Thread
Old 4th June 2010, 19:41   #1
Senior - BHPian

Engine mods : Team Powerwheels - Raj Hingorani (Bangalore)

Products sold:

Is a master when it comes to designing FFE (free Flow Exhaust) setup for cars. Does other work on the lines of porting, polishing, short gear ratio setups, tubro jobs, engine swaps et all.

What I like:
  • His work and attention to detail.
  • Listens to your requirements and even provides advice on whats best for your car.
  • Is more than willing to explain about the technicalities involved when modifying a car.
What I don't like:
  • None to complain about.Have always dealt with him directly and haven't had a single hiccup till date. (this is purely my experience)
Pricing: Considering the other available options for mods in the market, I find his work pretty reasonable.

Speciality / USP: You name it and he would know it when it comes to modifying cars.

What I have bought from him: My previous car(baleno) was done up by Raj. Younger bro's lancer, fellow member shrivz's full FFE setup from him.Quite a few friends cars work has been done by him.

Contact Information
  • Name of the contact person: Raj Hingorani /Jameel
  • Phone numbers: Shabbir @ 9886234838 / 9901994525
  • Postal Address: NA
  • Helpful landmarks / directions: Take the left after TV tower when you come from Mekhri Circle.
  • Email / Website : NA
  • GoogleMap: The green arrow indicates the garage location
Engine mods : Team Powerwheels - Raj Hingorani (Bangalore)-rajs-grarage.jpg

Last edited by GTO : 21st June 2012 at 15:42. Reason: As requested
rjstyles69 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th August 2011, 17:58   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Engine mods : Team Powerwheels - Raj Hingorani (Bangalore)

Got my baleno FFEd by him last week.
No non sense talking and is very affordable.
I wanted a not so loud car and they provided me exactly the same set. I am defenitely enjoying this set(atleast as of now). Drivability has increased a lot , esp, third gear is so lovely now.
Unknownsatan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th August 2011, 18:23   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknownsatan View Post
Got my baleno FFEd by him last week.
No non sense talking and is very affordable.
I wanted a not so loud car and they provided me exactly the same set. I am defenitely enjoying this set(atleast as of now). Drivability has increased a lot , esp, third gear is so lovely now.
Care to share the cost please? headers and End Can wise breakup would be appreciated.
Old 9th August 2011, 23:21   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedreamcatcher View Post
Care to share the cost please? headers and End Can wise breakup would be appreciated.
Not sure about the price part wise, total it costed me 12k for the entire set up.

Only pain was to carrying the stock system and coming home
Old 9th August 2011, 23:31   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Not sure about the price part wise, total it costed me 12k for the entire set up.

Only pain was to carrying the stock system and coming home
WOW. 12k. You serious!!!

That for headers and end can. Can you post some pics please. This is very tempting, or have you done so on another thread.
Old 10th August 2011, 00:17   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
WOW. 12k. You serious!!!

That for headers and end can. Can you post some pics please. This is very tempting, or have you done so on another thread.
Yeah the price i am talking is for the full FFE.

No i have not put up any pics, infact i don have any pics taken at the time of installation.
Unknownsatan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th August 2011, 01:12   #7
BHPian

I got Full FFE from Raj in Jan for my Gypsy. Costed 8K all inc. Worth the price .
livyodream is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th August 2011, 12:23   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
WOW. 12k. You serious!!!

Very recently, My friend (who has my OHC now) recently got done a complete FFE for his OHC from Raj's workshop.
Slight increase in torque and the mild sound from exhaust is to die for.
Product was done as per our specifications.(Low end torque increase+ mild sound)
Total cost was 12K Rs.

Raj is a humorous, humble down to earth person. One never gets bored when talking with him.
Old 10th August 2011, 12:58   #9
BHPian

I got FFE exhaust for my Baleno last week at Raj's Place. It cost me 14k (12k + 2k for the end can).

@Unknownsatan - Did you get your car done this friday? When I reached the workshop they were working on a black Baleno with Pirelli tires. I am guessing it was your car there then.

Last edited by nithin_86 : 10th August 2011 at 12:59. Reason: Spelling Mistake
Old 10th August 2011, 20:03   #10
Senior - BHPian

Loads of my friends cars have been done at Raj's , he has some of the best sounding locally made Honda exhausts I have heard till date.

When it comes to serious mods Raj's place is not cheap but they at least put down the power on the road and consistently their cars win races.
So that's the bottom line.
Old 10th August 2011, 21:35   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nithin_86 View Post
I got FFE exhaust for my Baleno last week at Raj's Place. It cost me 14k (12k + 2k for the end can).

@Unknownsatan - Did you get your car done this friday? When I reached the workshop they were working on a black Baleno with Pirelli tires. I am guessing it was your car there then.
Yeah Nithin, that is my car. Got it done on friday. You also got it done on the same day?
I did not find any other car there getting work done other than a yummy 92 model Civic hatch.

Can you pl post a pic of your end can (if u have).

Last edited by Unknownsatan : 10th August 2011 at 21:40.
Old 11th August 2011, 12:32   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Yeah Nithin, that is my car. Got it done on friday. You also got it done on the same day?
I did not find any other car there getting work done other than a yummy 92 model Civic hatch.

Can you pl post a pic of your end can (if u have).
Yeah. We reached by 12. By that time he had started working on your car. They started working on mine after 3 or something I guess. I got a big end can. The sound is not too loud in my opinion. I dont have pictures as of now. I will click some and upload it. And hopefully a video with the exhaust note. There was a brand new Gypsy being worked on at the same time he was working on your car. It had a 235 size tire and sparco seats and the both the bumpers were modded and had a winch. They added a FFE to it with the exhaust pipe sticking to the side.
Old 11th August 2011, 12:51   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nithin_86 View Post
Yeah. We reached by 12. By that time he had started working on your car. They started working on mine after 3 or something I guess. I got a big end can. The sound is not too loud in my opinion. I dont have pictures as of now. I will click some and upload it. And hopefully a video with the exhaust note. There was a brand new Gypsy being worked on at the same time he was working on your car. It had a 235 size tire and sparco seats and the both the bumpers were modded and had a winch. They added a FFE to it with the exhaust pipe sticking to the side.
I came back around 4 or something to collect my car. May be your car was inside. I did not go inside since it was water all over the place and was speaking to Raj in their shop where they have displayed filters and all. Did not notice Gypsy either.
Yeah pl put up a vdo of exhaust note and pics of your end can once you get time.
Old 12th August 2011, 13:27   #14
BHPian

It was really an anti-climax and a bitter experience what I had to face today after reading all the rave reviews and accolades written for Raj. I had a prior appointment fixed with Raj for 10:15AM today to get my palio 1.6 FFed. I called him at 10:10 when I was near TV tower and asked him to guide me to his place. He said he is not at his workshop but will be there soon. I was at his place at 10:15 dot.

There was only one boy say around 12-13 yrs old manning the workshop. Still no sign of Raj at 10:45. I called him again only to be told that he does not have a transport to come to the workshop but has made arrangement with Shabbir to take the car to the garrage which is nearby. I'm waiting and still no sign of anyone till 11:00. I being always a stickler to the time , my conscience said your time is not being valued here, so better leave.

I sent a message to Raj at 11:05 AM saying " I value my time. I'm sorry I'm disappointed. I'm leaving" and left at 11:05 after waiting for 50 mins. So much for the appointment at 10:15. I got a call from Raj after 10 mins and was expecting him to own up the mistake and I wanted to cordially convey him that probably I will have an opportunity to avail his service some other time.

But what he said in the call took me aback. Guys, is this the same Raj I'm talking to " down to earth, humble, humorous" which was referenced above. He was literally shouting. He said this is not America to be able to stick to the time like that. I asked him then what is the point in giving an appointment.
He is demanding why dint I call him before leaving. I mean isn't the onus on him to convey whatever the reason for him still being late. I had called him twice already. He is asking me in a raised voice why dint i leave the key with the boy there. Come on, Is this the way to talk to the customer.
I could not see myself handing over the key to any Tom, dick or Harry wthout Raj or Shabbir explaining me the work that will be done.
I will be always standing next to my Safari or Palio during the whole service elsewhere and handing over keys to some stranger is unthinkable for me.

Raj goes on to say he has worked on hundreds of car and I don't have to tell him the value of time. Good for him I say. I dint see any point in continuing the conversation. I can't get to that level of rudeness. It may be pointed out that waiting for 50 mins is no big deal. But different people may have different yardstick on how much they value for the time. It is imbibed in me to give equal value to mine as well as others time.

I would have reconciled if it was just that he was not able to make it at the said time but calling up and shouting to a customer.. It is no Go Raj.
It has really left a bad taste.
bkishore_77 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 12th August 2011, 16:37   #15
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

You were lucky. On a different build, an unlucky customer was told, literally, that his brain was too limited to comprehend the explanation that he would give for using different pistons in one engine. LOL. Not joking. To even out burn rates across cylinders or something like that. All dead mechanical engineers and accomplished tuners turned in their graves that day.
pranavt is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed