Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Beyond Borders
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st September 2019, 12:16   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: 2019 Concours d'Elégance Paleis Soestdijk, The Netherlands

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMG Power View Post
What a lovely location - a palace with a fabulous history. I understand it was going to be converted into a hotel and event centre and some houses were also going to be built on the property - has that happened?
As far as I could tell, no new development has been started. Currently it is being used for all sorts events, including concerts, open air cinema etc. But the new owner has ambitious plans. The Palace will become a place where it is shown how The Netherlands is contributing to the United Nations Sustainable Goals Development.

Part of the palace will remain intact and will be a permanent exhibition. Other parts will be used to host special exhibition on various themes around Sustainability. There are also some old houses/estate right across the road from the Palace. That is where they will be building to a Parade (sort of a mall), all within the same frame work of sustainability, so shops supporting green products etc. There will also be a hotel.

They have it all on their website, which is only available in Dutch I am afraid.But they have two images, at the top of the page, on the palace and this Parade. Give at least some impression.

https://www.paleissoestdijk.nl/toekomst/

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMG Power View Post
Had a doubt - in your first video - at around the 2.08 mark, you mention "Another Jag " but the car appears to be a Triumph TR3 (pic below) - could you please clarify?

You are correct. Not sure how I made that mistake. There is a Jaguar behind it, in the other row/aisles. I might have been peeking at that. I just noticed a few other small errors in my narrative as well. The Fiat is an X1.9 not X1.6.

Jeroen
Jeroen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2019, 17:45   #17
BHPian

A very nice roundup of cars . Do you have any more pics/details of the wagon to the left of your W123 in the picture? I am a big wagon lover..Thanks
Old 1st September 2019, 21:39   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by car love View Post
Do you have any more pics/details of the wagon to the left of your W123 in the picture? I am a big wagon lover..Thanks
I checked, but no I am sorry. No other piccies of the wagon.

Jeroen
Jeroen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2019, 11:43   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeroen View Post
A Peugeot 604. This one was competing in the same category as my Mercedes W123, family and stationwagon. To be very honest, I did not agree with that.
Me neither but I am a bit confused. How does your W123 even run up against a Peugeot 604? I'd say the former is the more CEO grade car. I don't think a Mercedes should be compared to a Peugeot.

Quote:
What Fiat is this you reckon?
Can't figure it out.

Quote:
Delorean himself got busted by the FBI for a massive drug deal to fund this very car.
Now that makes it more interesting to own one, regardless of the fact that it is a low quality car. It looks slick even today.

You do not associate the words Japanese and Beautiful when it comes to cars cause they do cars different but that Cosmo is an exception. A beauty indeed.

Thanks for sharing. That is without doubt the most beautiful line up cars I have ever seen in one space. This is further complemented by fine and classy Dutch women. This is an event I want to attend atleast once in my life and in The Netherlands.

Last edited by sandeepmohan : 3rd September 2019 at 11:46.
Old 3rd September 2019, 12:43   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

I just found two little video's on my iPhone I took at the Concours. Forgot to upload them.

It is an interesting demonstration. The motor bike in these video's used to be part of some travelling Fairs. Not sure what the proper English term is of the attraction. (Wall of death or something like that?)
We call it "steile wand" in Dutch. (Steep wall)

It is essentially a very large barrel and they drive these bikes along the vertical walls. I have seen it for real some years ago. Very spectacular. You rarely come across these on modern fairs anymore.

This one does not do vertical walls any more. Just a simple rig / rolling road type of set up. Still makes for a lovely sound of the bike!

Jeroen
Old 3rd September 2019, 13:21   #21
KPS
Distinguished - BHPian

Thanks for sharing Jeroen. Must have been so much fun. Such a variety and classes of cars. Coffee, food the cars on the backdrop of a magnificent location, could not have got better.

Cheers

KPS

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks