Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Beyond Borders
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd October 2008, 12:35   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samir Taheer View Post
Hahaha that RR stunt was great - the people there didnt seem very impressed.

I think the Robin Reliant Rocket ship has to be my favorite. I love J.C - he is silly but entertaining.

Brabus - out of interest, what do you do? i.e - Workwise.
The RR stunt would have been even greater if he got a Phantom..cuz back in the time, Keith Moon's RR was the Phantom equivalent. Can you imagine putting a Phantom in the pool!!

I am on the Graduate Management Programme of a company called First Group. I am in the operations side of the bus division, hence the bus connection!
Don't know how familiar you are with the UK/US transport industry but here's a link - (Welcome to FirstGroup | FirstGroup plc.)
Old 22nd October 2008, 13:53   #32
evo
BHPian

I still think that its making a big deal of something that JC was perfectly within his rights to do!
Topgear has destroyed many a car and caravan! This just adds to the list.
Old 22nd October 2008, 14:14   #33
BHPian

Brabus, yea i know the First buses really well. USed to hate and curse them when i was at university. Just think - standing on the side of the road at 7 in the morning, middle of january - the peak of winter. The 1st bus comes along you happy, but then it doesnt stop. Next Bus 30 mins!!!.

But then again nuthing like getting the N207 back home after a night out in town.

Evo - theres a program here called Braniacs, its amazing the number of caravans they blow up. I think one a week with different kinds of explosions. I am suprised no one has complained or made a big deal out of it.
Old 23rd October 2008, 09:20   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by evo View Post
I still think that its making a big deal of something that JC was perfectly within his rights to do!
If this was his first "outrageous" thing to do then it wouldn't have attracted so much attention. He is known to show very little respect for ecology, national sentiments of other nations, wildlife etc.
He has destroyed rare and ecologically fragile, UN declared heritage zone salt pans in Africa, for example - just for a TV show. I wonder if an African entertainer can do it with let's say the Stone Henge !
He wrote a column in Times saying why it makes perfect sense to eliminate all tigers in the wilderness !!! Can you believe this?
He is the worst possible advertisement for England and Englishmen.
I think he is just an insecure and silly old man.
Old 23rd October 2008, 12:46   #35
BHPian

Sudipto - JC is an entertainer, and that what he does best. I think he's a motoring journalist 2nd. You need to take everything he says with a light heart. And mate if you think hes a bad example of Englishman and England, you have'nt seen anything. Trying watching the leaders of the country in parliment. Now thats a Joke!

Now for the Makgadikgadi salt plains issue - Well fair enough its a fragile Eco-system, etc, etc and yeah he should have been more careful. But (theres always a but) if you read the full report, he didnt even go near the conservation areas. They heardly went onto the plains. I think its more of a Environmental Group trying to gain some recognition. Common, its cause of these groups that i pay £440 a year on car tax!!! And of course the goverment, but thats a different thing all together.
Old 23rd October 2008, 13:25   #36
evo
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudipto-S-Team View Post
He is the worst possible advertisement for England and Englishmen.
I think he is just an insecure and silly old man.
hehe...true, but its his silly insecurity that causes him to do crazy things which are so out of whack that they are genuinely entertaining.

Though one of his destructive acts actually proved a point- you remember the one with the Toyota Pick up?
Old 23rd October 2008, 13:30   #37
Senior - BHPian

Guys give him a break. . . such a thing is expected from a man who has smashed maseratis, dipped rollers in a pool, smashed korean cars with hammers, blown up a mini reva. . .

this is going to be a belter of a buy or a download
Old 23rd October 2008, 13:40   #38
BHPian

Samir I assume you were outside London for your Uni? Cuz I can understand the service in small cities can be patchy many times. There are many reasons for this but I won't go into the details now!

Good to hear you like the N207.. The 207 bendy used to run from one of the garages I worked in earlier.

If I may, where in London do you work/stay?
Old 23rd October 2008, 14:09   #39
BHPian

Brabus - Yeah Uni was in Hertfordshire, but it was a main service, just slow.

I work just outside Birmingham now, for a company that makes automotive components, mainly chassis's and stuff for Ford, Landrover and Bmw. When i am in London i stay in Ealing or Chiswick. We should try and meet up sometime.
Old 23rd October 2008, 14:25   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Though one of his destructive acts actually proved a point- you remember the one with the Toyota Pick up?
No. I don't watch him since I grew up.
Old 23rd October 2008, 14:42   #41
BHPian

Quote:
hehe...true, but its his silly insecurity that causes him to do crazy things which are so out of whack that they are genuinely entertaining.

Yeah they had a Toyota Hilux. That was good. The car was drawn into the sea and still started, placed on top of a building, before it was demolished and it still started. Cant remember what else they did to it.
Old 23rd October 2008, 15:46   #42
evo
BHPian

I think they even set it aflame! but that was something!
Old 23rd October 2008, 17:19   #43

YIPPEEE!!! Those damn busses diservre it!! CLARKSON FOR PRESIDENT!!!!
Old 24th October 2008, 18:45   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus43 View Post
YIPPEEE!!! Those damn busses diservre it!! CLARKSON FOR PRESIDENT!!!!
You mean Prime Minister?
Old 24th October 2008, 18:53   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khanak View Post
You mean Prime Minister?
No. Cyrus secretly desires to be an American!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks