Team-BHP - The Bicycles thread
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Bicycles (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/bicycles/)
-   -   The Bicycles thread (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/bicycles/20785-bicycles-thread-30.html)

I own a Cannondale Quick 5, which I have been using not so regularly for over 8 months now. This is a hybrid typically used for city commute
Here is a pic:

I bought one for my son who is now 3 yrs a Firefox Diablo

I plan to buy my bike tomorrow. Its mostly going to be the ACT110 or any other bike that fits my budget...
Going to the Bombay dealer of Track and Trail.

Any particular accessories that I need besides the cyclocomp?

wish me luck fellas!

Quote:

Originally Posted by hiren.mistry (Post 1740853)
I plan to buy my bike tomorrow. Its mostly going to be the ACT110 or any other bike that fits my budget...
Going to the Bombay dealer of Track and Trail.

Any particular accessories that I need besides the cyclocomp?

wish me luck fellas!

What're you looking for in the bicycle? Like gears? Suspension in front only, back only or both etc? Or have you decided on ACT110

Quote:

Originally Posted by aargee (Post 1741053)
What're you looking for in the bicycle? Like gears? Suspension in front only, back only or both etc? Or have you decided on ACT110

I've shortlisted the ACT110.
I am looking for a bike that will be mainly used for commuting, not much scope for doing any trails around where I stay. Thus have decided to go for a Hybrid.

Of course I want the bike to have gears, would love a bike with front suspension, hard tail. Good bikes with rear suspension are way beyond my league. I am ok with V brakes, disc are not really required for the kind of riding I intend to do.

Cheers

Here is my replacement to Magna Great Divide mountain bike.

Has shimano technology in gears and brakes, has light weight aluminum frame with triple triangle, two bottle holders, Continental tires.

All photos clicked with Sony c905.

Quote:

Originally Posted by chevelle (Post 1744218)
Here is my replacement to Magna Great Divide mountain bike.

Has shimano technology in gears and brakes, has light weight aluminum frame with triple triangle, two bottle holders, Continental tires.

All photos clicked with Sony c905.

Nice pics especially the last one. Why does your seat look so different in the pics?

H all,
I got myself a Trek 3700 bike.
Its a 2010 limited edition bike. I will post the pictures later in the day.

So far its an absolute dream. Keen to buy a decent cyclocomp. Any ideas?

Cheers

Quote:

Originally Posted by hiren.mistry (Post 1745534)
Nice pics especially the last one. Why does your seat look so different in the pics?

Because i have edited the seatlol:. The seat is not in its best shape, so hide it by post processing. Due to usage, the seat is torn. So lots of masking tapes. Sorry about that.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hiren.mistry (Post 1745910)
H all,
I got myself a Trek 3700 bike.
Its a 2010 limited edition bike. I will post the pictures later in the day.

So far its an absolute dream. Keen to buy a decent cyclocomp. Any ideas?

Cheers

Good choice, before you intend to buy a cycle comp I would suggest pick up a good helmet, the rest can come later. Did you look at Quick 5 from Cannondale?
Keep riding..Post the pics soon

Saw this thread today and am glad that we have one in T-BHP.

As a kid, I used to rent bicycles for 30 p per hour. Later, I got my BSA-SLR, which I was quite passionate about. But, unfortunately, I lost the bike in about 30 days. Then borrowed one from a friend and used it for couple of years.

Now, I have a RockRider 5.2 for the past 7 months. I am really loving cycling again and do some long rides over the weekends. Since last week, I am commuting to office for 4 days in a week. Am finding it really nice and planning to continue.

My first cycle was the BSA-SLR and later graduated to Hercules MTB, with Shock Absorbers in the front. I just loved the MTB cycles. Nowadays i drive the cycles available in my office, which has a combination of both these cycles :).

I am surprised that I missed this thread.

I am using a Cannondale F9 2010 model. I use it for leisure riding during weekends and occassional cycling tours. It comes with Shimano gears and the ride comfort is great.

My only complain is that the frame is a little small for me. The salesman misled me by saying that Cannondale XL is unavailable in India and a large frame (19") would be perfect for me. A 21" frame would be ideal as I am 6' 2" height.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hiren.mistry (Post 1741082)
I've shortlisted the ACT110.
I am looking for a bike that will be mainly used for commuting, not much scope for doing any trails around where I stay. Thus have decided to go for a Hybrid.

Of course I want the bike to have gears, would love a bike with front suspension, hard tail. Good bikes with rear suspension are way beyond my league. I am ok with V brakes, disc are not really required for the kind of riding I intend to do.

Cheers

Guys, I had shortlisted 19" Mach straight handlebar with gears for my Gym and occasional city tuns. The main attractions were sleek road tyres, v-brakes and the price (Rs.3600/-). Now however after reading a lot about the Act 110S am having second thoughts. In case of Act the attractions are road tyres, v-brakes, gears and great design. However the cost stated is Rs.6900-/.

Now please help me in deciding between the two. I am kinda in a confusing position. One side I feel Mach is good at great price but the other side I like the Act 110S design with those aero profile tyres. please:

-Rohit

This is owned by my colleague. He recently bought it. 6500 INR.

I've heard abut foldable bycycles that can be kept in the boot of the car. With finding parking such a pain in any the center of the city, one could find parking a few kilometers away from the final destination. These are pretty pricey from what information I have. Starts at about 15K.