Team-BHP - The Bicycles thread
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Bicycles (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/bicycles/)
-   -   The Bicycles thread (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/bicycles/20785-bicycles-thread-37.html)

Alas, i would be one of those unfortunate guys who never bought a cycle in his whole life.

During my school days, parents bought me a TVS which was promptly replaced in a few months for a Kinetic Honda.

I own a Hero Octane.

Specs: Ultra Light weight all Aluminum (Aluminum alloy AL-6061.) Super - Shox Suspension Mountain Bike frame. Shimano Easy Fire 21 speed shifters.

I just saw a B-Twin rockrider (white) at a cycle store here in Bangalore and absolutely loved it.Any suggestions on B-Twin?AFAIK B-Twin is pretty huge when it come to cycles right?The other brands like Trek that i liked were too expensive.I liked the Hercules MTB 110 but dint want to invest 10k on an Indian brand,although Ive heard a lot of positive feedback about it.What do u guys think?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Abster (Post 2124149)
I just saw a B-Twin rockrider (white) at a cycle store here in Bangalore and absolutely loved it.Any suggestions on B-Twin?AFAIK B-Twin is pretty huge when it come to cycles right?The other brands like Trek that i liked were too expensive.I liked the Hercules MTB 110 but dint want to invest 10k on an Indian brand,although Ive heard a lot of positive feedback about it.What do u guys think?

Not sure which version of BTwin RockRider (RR) you saw. You have about 4 models in this category and going by the color, I guess it would be a 5.2.
I own a RR 5.2 for the last 1+ year and am really happy with the bikes performance. It's a great entry level MTB and quite light as well. Very easy on maintenance and it weighs about 13.2 kgs.
I would recommend you go for it.

yeah i saw the RR 5.2 in white.
Went and checked it out again the other day, and its light like you mentioned,in comparison with some of the other bikes.
One quick question,The RR 5.2 or Schwinn frontier sport?Ive been contemplating between the 2 for some time now.Will get one of these end of month as soon as i get the next paycheck:-)
Btw got a Herohawk 2 weeks back just to get into the mood and stripped it off all the extras.Looks pretty nice,I got the ungeared version and is now kicking myself for it.My daily stretch to office is an incline and is quite painful on the hawk.Anyways cant wait to get my hands on the RR or Schwinn!

Stripped it to the bare essentials,planning to get a btwin rear seat pillar mudguard, else it gets damn messy during rains.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Abster (Post 2147084)
Stripped it to the bare essentials,planning to get a btwin rear seat pillar mudguard, else it gets damn messy during rains.

which cycle is this?? my ride is also stripped to bare minimum

you can remove the auxillary breaks as well if there breaking is not good.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Abster (Post 2147069)
yeah i saw the RR 5.2 in white.
Went and checked it out again the other day, and its light like you mentioned,in comparison with some of the other bikes.
One quick question,The RR 5.2 or Schwinn frontier sport?Ive been contemplating between the 2 for some time now.Will get one of these end of month as soon as i get the next paycheck:-)
Btw got a Herohawk 2 weeks back just to get into the mood and stripped it off all the extras.Looks pretty nice,I got the ungeared version and is now kicking myself for it.My daily stretch to office is an incline and is quite painful on the hawk.Anyways cant wait to get my hands on the RR or Schwinn!

Sorry Abster, I haven't really tried my hand Schwinn, so I cannot really comment which is better. I would suggest, try both and decide which suits you better and go for it. Which ever you select, am sure that you would love it.

Flag Off : 16th Dec 2010, 6:45 am. Be there! | BSA Tour of Nilgiris

Do turn up to see off the sea of bikers as they start on the 3rd edition of the TFN! It might create a cyclist or two more around here :)

Coffee will be served to battle the early morning chill. Indoor Stadium, Koramangala.

I was following this bicycle thread silently for few months.
At last i settled for a SCHWINN FRONTIER COMP.
Prime objectives behind my decision were
1)Loose my weight
2)Save the petrol bill (Daily commute to office which is around 1.5 kms from home)
3)Environment friendly

Hope i can achieve it :)

Got it yesterday.

Here are some pics

rip how much lighter did the pocket get:D that is after the purchase, you already might be feeling a bit light by now;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by rust_in_peace (Post 2184109)
I was following this bicycle thread silently for few months.
Prime objectives behind my decision were
1)Loose my weight
2)Save the petrol bill (Daily commute to office which is around 1.5 kms from home)
3)Environment friendly

Hope i can achieve it :)

Got it yesterday.

Here are some pics

RIP man, I hope the sizing is correct - the seat is on the lower side.

Congrats on the bike - schwinns are GOOD!

Buddy from the pics your seat height is very low, google for how to measure your exact seat height. Schwinn is fun !!

Quote:

Originally Posted by rust_in_peace (Post 2184109)
I was following this bicycle thread silently
for few months.
----------------
Got it yesterday.

Here are some pics

This one is from the bike ride to Nandi from Koramangala to Nandi Top one way is about 65km, started 5:30 in the morning with a friend, his bike is a RockRider, reached home by 3pm. Simply high on testostrome :). Its good fun.

@ lohithrao
Yes you are correct, My budget was around 6K, But after going through this thread, I decided to extend my Budget and go for schwinn. I hope i have made a correct choice.
It cost me 13k

@kartikk & @phamilyman

Yes you are correct, i feel i am in a awkward position when riding the bike.
I am searching for how to find the correct seat height.
I am a newbie and have less knowledge about these bikes.
Your valuable advices will be of great help.
BTW: I am googling for "How to find the correct seat height" in my bike