Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Bicycles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th July 2021, 14:20   #31
BHPian

Re: From being a Noob to a Super Randonneur - My Cycling Journey

What a lovely write-up sir. Very inspiring. I have been cycling for a year now! Accidental cyclist and loving it. My longest ride thus far was 125 kms on MTB on a very very cold January day. Have done some faster 100kms since on MTB (sub 5 hours elapsed) and most recently a 4 hour (elapsed) 100 km on a road bike a couple of Sundays ago. Have been thinking very loud about taking it to the next level. Truly impressive - the time frame within which you became an SR. I just took a peak at your Strava profile right now - was not disappointed you seem to be scaling new heights Look forward to reading more about your Ladakh ride.
Old 1st August 2021, 20:01   #32
BHPian

Re: From being a Noob to a Super Randonneur - My Cycling Journey

Quote:
Originally Posted by promit View Post
What a lovely write-up sir. Very inspiring. I have been cycling for a year now! Accidental cyclist and loving it. My longest ride thus far was 125 kms on MTB on a very very cold January day. Have done some faster 100kms since on MTB (sub 5 hours elapsed) and most recently a 4 hour (elapsed) 100 km on a road bike a couple of Sundays ago. Have been thinking very loud about taking it to the next level. Truly impressive - the time frame within which you became an SR. I just took a peak at your Strava profile right now - was not disappointed you seem to be scaling new heights Look forward to reading more about your Ladakh ride.
Thank you Promit.
Glad that you found the write up inspiring.
Great going yourself. You can probably start attempting Brevets which will also help you find a great bunch of riders.
I did a 1000 km brevet post this SR experience from Bathinda in Feb last year and a 5 Day SR from Jalandhar this Feb.
What you saw on Strava is my ongoing practice in and around Leh for the Great Himalayan Ultra race scheduled in September.
All the very best.
Cheers
Hunter3077 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks