Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Bicycles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th August 2021, 15:21   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Bicycle Luggage Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
I bought this Golden Riders saddle bag around 6 months ago from Amazon for Rs 699/- (MRP-999/-). It has 3 straps, 2 at the front and one at the back. Fits tight, no sagging or unwanted sounds while going over rough roads. Also its made in India, with good quality material (lining), its water proof. Go for it.
The biggest issue for me with these bags (besides the fact that they are not in the line of the bike and hence not aero, just like the handlebar bag) is that my knees hit them when I ride off saddle.

In fact my inner thighs near my knees even graze the black top tube bag I am currently using, but its not as bad as these ones which hang across on both sides.
Old 9th August 2021, 16:02   #17
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Bicycles thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
I bought this Golden Riders saddle bag around 6 months ago from Amazon for Rs 699/- (MRP-999/-). It has 3 straps, 2 at the front and one at the back. Fits tight, no sagging or unwanted sounds while going over rough roads. Also its made in India, with good quality material (lining), its water proof. Go for it.
I was looking for something small which stays on the top of the bar. I hardly carry any stuff. I believe I did come across this when I bought the one that I have. So I just placed an order for this:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/ROCKBROS-Wa...-/401725200434

I'm unsure if ebay orders are coming in. If not I'll probably look for saddle bag like that which seem like a better solution than top bag.
Old 9th August 2021, 18:22   #18
BANNED

Looking for opinion on what is the maximum weight one can carry on handlebar/basket while still retaining good control and stability? My small dog refuses to get into the specially designed dog backpack so I cant carry him on my back. He weighs 11 kgs.
Old 9th August 2021, 20:20   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amol4184 View Post
I was looking for something small which stays on the top of the bar. I hardly carry any stuff. I believe I did come across this when I bought the one that I have. So I just placed an order for this:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/ROCKBROS-Wa...-/401725200434

I'm unsure if ebay orders are coming in. If not I'll probably look for saddle bag like that which seem like a better solution than top bag.
Seeing many options on Amazon. Here are a couple I have shortlisted

SAVYHUB Bicycle Tube Bag Waterproof Mobile Phone Holder
PROBEROS Bike Frame Bag

I am thinking of just getting the Savyhub one. Proberos brand has many models listed. None of them are eligible for return though.
Old 12th August 2021, 10:57   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
Seeing many options on Amazon. Here are a couple I have shortlisted

SAVYHUB Bicycle Tube Bag Waterproof Mobile Phone Holder
PROBEROS Bike Frame Bag

I am thinking of just getting the Savyhub one. Proberos brand has many models listed. None of them are eligible for return though.
I did check Proberos before ordering mine. Felt it was too expensive and big. Let us know how the Savyhub fits on the bike.
A friend recently sent me pic from one of bike shops in Pune which had lot of these bags in stock. Unfortunately I won't be going to Pune anytime soon. Had to order online.
I'll bear with the current one till ebay order arrives!

Last edited by amol4184 : 12th August 2021 at 10:58.
Old 15th August 2021, 15:47   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Let us know how the Savyhub fits on the bike.
Fixed the savyhub bag and did a 20km ride on non-existent roads. The bag stayed in place properly. The top tube of my bike is square, so that also helps. There was some rattling noise, but I have not yet figured if it was the bag or the contents. Will try to pack everything tightly for the next ride and see. The overall build quality is just average. I wouldn't trust its waterproof capabilities and the zipper quality is not that great either. However, for <500 Rs, it is a good buy. Till international travel opens up and there are more options, I'll do with this.
The Bicycle Luggage Thread-stayhubtubebag.jpg
Jaguar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th August 2021, 22:00   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I did check Proberos before ordering mine. Felt it was too expensive and big. Let us know how the Savyhub fits on the bike.
A friend recently sent me pic from one of bike shops in Pune which had lot of these bags in stock. Unfortunately I won't be going to Pune anytime soon. Had to order online.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
Fixed the savyhub bag and did a 20km ride on non-existent roads. The bag stayed in place properly. The top tube of my bike is square, so that also helps. There was some rattling noise, but I have not yet figured if it was the bag or the contents. Will try to pack everything tightly for the next ride and see. The overall build quality is just average. I wouldn't trust its waterproof capabilities and the zipper quality is not that great either. However, for <500 Rs, it is a good buy. Till international travel opens up and there are more options, I'll do with this.
Attachment 2193410
Both of you have the same style standalone phone transprent holder top tube bag. This by its design, because smartphones are so big now (especially wide), are too wide to be stable on any top tube. The other style which has bags on both sides with the central section having the phone holder is more stable because the two bags on each side act as a counterweight to each other and the weight on top does not make the whole thing slip left or right. The best top tubes are the narrow aero ones thar are just a bit wider than the top tube and hide almost completely behind the steerer tube and stem. Of course then they cannot carry as much.

Cheers, Doc
Old 15th August 2021, 22:46   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
Both of you have the same style standalone phone transprent holder top tube bag. This by its design, because smartphones are so big now (especially wide), are too wide to be stable on any top tube. The best top tubes are the narrow aero ones thar are just a bit wider than the top tube and hide almost completely behind the steerer tube and stem. Of course then they cannot carry as much.

Cheers, Doc
Exactly. Now that I realize having a phone in transparent holder doesn't add much value to me, I went with a slim, less capacity bag. It will still hold phone and etc but not horizontally.

The Bicycle Luggage Thread-screenshot_20210815224209_ebay.jpg
amol4184 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th August 2021, 23:16   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Exactly. Now that I realize having a phone in transparent holder doesn't add much value to me, I went with a slim, less capacity bag. It will still hold phone and etc but not horizontally.

Attachment 2193609
Exactly. This is precisely what I use as well. The phone has place for it should it start pouring, but is usually in a plastic sleeve and in my right rear jersey pocket. The bag has my puncture kit. Lots of free space. I'm my experience, past 9 am, the phone screen overheats if exposed upwards in that transparent cover, and you get a overheat warning and then your phone shuts diwn on its own sometimes (causing you to lose your entire ride on Strava ...imagine you're 150 km into a 400 BRM and this happens ahead of Satara).

Last edited by ebonho : 15th August 2021 at 23:19.
Old 27th August 2021, 18:07   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

Received this cycle carrier bag via a cycling whatsapp group.

Having used a Trek N Ride bag in the past (ages ago), this seems to be a better offering by the Bangalore based vendor.

Cost is apparently ~3500 INR (not including shipping). Anyone who's used cycle carrier bags, any views on this?
ninjatalli is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th August 2021, 18:46   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
Cost is apparently ~3500 INR (not including shipping). Anyone who's used cycle carrier bags, any views on this?
Looks very promising. Better than the decathlon one which is priced higher and does not have hard casing for the wheels. V-Three is famous for laptop bags. I have one that is almost a decade old and is still in good shape. Although I must say I've not used it on a day to day basis. But the fact is my old laptop is dead and this guy is still standing.
itisravi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2021, 21:43   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Received this cycle carrier bag via a cycling whatsapp group.

https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=fmwkSsOY2_U

Having used a Trek N Ride bag in the past (ages ago), this seems to be a better offering by the Bangalore based vendor.

I've been using this for 3/4 outstation trips. Have written a detailed review in Amazon, from where I bought it. Overall, I'm satisfied, but it could have been designed better. I stuff the cycle in the bag and place it on car's rear seat and secure it with the seat belts tied to the bag handles. Only need to remove pedals before packing it up
goandude is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th August 2021, 23:27   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Looks compact and well cushioned. However it looks too cumbersome to use.
You need to remove both the wheels, pedals, handlebar and reduce the saddle height.
What is your use case? Take it in bus/train/flight?

Last edited by papr23 : 27th August 2021 at 23:28. Reason: Typo
Old 27th August 2021, 23:51   #29
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by goandude View Post
I've been using this for 3/4 outstation trips. Have written a detailed review in Amazon, from where I bought it. Overall, I'm satisfied, but it could have been designed better. I stuff the cycle in the bag and place it on car's rear seat and secure it with the seat belts tied to the bag handles. Only need to remove pedals before packing it up
Awesome! Care to share that review link?
Also if not an issue, can you please share a pic of the bag when you have your cycle packed in, to get an idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by papr23 View Post
What is your use case? Take it in bus/train/flight?
If needed. But primarily in my car similar to what @goandude has mentioned.
Old 28th August 2021, 01:08   #30
Senior - BHPian

The two most delicate and vulnerable parts of a cycle in transport are it's spokes (the entire rim actually) and the rear derailleur.

I wonder why no one has invented a snap on hard case that goes around the rear derailleur on the bike frame itself, so that it's protected from pressure and hits.

60-70% of your tension is solved with that one little thing.

No soft case, however padded, is going to protect these two parts.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks