Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Bicycles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th August 2021, 09:26   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Bicycle Luggage Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
Awesome! Care to share that review link?
Also if not an issue, can you please share a pic of the bag when you have your cycle packed in, to get an idea.

If needed. But primarily in my car similar to what @goandude has mentioned.
Here is the review:-
Pros: My small size bicycle (Triban RC 120 road bike) just fits in the bag and I can fit it with out removing the handle bar or changing the height of the seat. But then the zip does not fully close. About 6-8 inches are open where the chain ring peeps out. Well made bag with good padding. If I need to fully close it, I would have to lower the seat.

Cons: The stiff lower side lining does not fit correctly into the sleeves provided for it. This stiff lining is too long, so I have to fold the end and stuff it inside a sleeve. The biggest mistake that the designers have made was to place the pockets for the wheels exactly in the center of the sides of the bag. As a result the thickest part of the wheels (hub) lie side by side making the bag much thicker than it could be. If the wheel pockets were offset one to the left side and other to the right side then the thickest part of the wheels would not lie side by side and the bag would be thinner.

Will take pictures and post them here, when I pack the bicycle for my next trip to Virajpet on Tuesday
goandude is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th August 2021, 13:31   #32
Senior - BHPian

Complete bikepacking bags set in under 100 USD.

I wonder if we can get the same on Amazon. I definitely like the look of the under top tube long frame bag. The Trek n Ride saddlebag we already have. And a top tube stem bag I have as well as a rudimentary handlebar roll bag.

Let's face it, tenting out in India is not such a great idea. And lodges are really cheap so bike or cycle touring, I'm not into the whole tent and sleeping bag and portable stove thing.

Plus I need a loo with running water in the morning if I can pay for it, thank you very much!

Honestly speaking, not sure till I actually try it out and work out what works, but for 2-3 days in the road I'm pretty sure just the Trek n Ride or equivalent with an easy quick on the move access front bag should be more than sufficient, even with battery packs and tyre and tube and tools packed in.

Cheers, Doc

Last edited by ebonho : 28th August 2021 at 13:37.
ebonho is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2021, 17:57   #33
Senior - BHPian

Even cheaper ... 3 bags from Lidl for 45 euro.

ebonho is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 30th August 2021, 12:27   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
can you please share a pic of the bag when you have your cycle packed in, to get an idea.
Here are the pics clicked this morning.

The Bicycle Luggage Thread-bike-pack1.jpg
The soft bag rolled up. Which is how I store it at home.

The Bicycle Luggage Thread-bike-pack2.jpg
Bike ready for packing. Pedals, wheels and skewers removed. Size 15 spanner is all that is required. I have fastened the chain to the cycle frame. This causes the crank to remain unmovable and the rear derailleur becomes vertical, with less chance of it rubbing the side of the bag. There is enough space for it in this position.

The Bicycle Luggage Thread-bike-pack3.jpg
In this I have tried to show the bag with the side flaps for the wheels. They have a velcro for closing them.

The Bicycle Luggage Thread-bike-pack4.jpg
Bike loaded in the bag, wheels slipped in and ready for closing/ zipping up

The Bicycle Luggage Thread-bike-pack5.jpg

The Bicycle Luggage Thread-bike-pack6.jpg
Used a mat under the bag to protect the upholstery and to allow it to slide in easily, making it a single person operation. Seat belts tie to the handle of the bag securing it in place.

The Bicycle Luggage Thread-bike-pack7.jpg

Last edited by vb-saan : 30th August 2021 at 12:37. Reason: Photos aligned
goandude is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 30th August 2021, 16:25   #35
Senior - BHPian

That awful bag from Amazon is retired. Got the Rockbros bag today and it's head and shoulders above the one I had. For one, it's so much narrow and two it holds the shape even when empty. Yay! The Bicycle Luggage Thread-20210830_160515.jpg

The Bicycle Luggage Thread-20210830_160535.jpg

The Bicycle Luggage Thread-20210830_160548.jpg
amol4184 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2021, 16:42   #36
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amol4184 View Post
That awful bag from Amazon is retired. Got the Rockbros bag today and it's head and shoulders above the one I had. For one, it's so much narrow and two it holds the shape even when empty. Yay!
Looks very very neat. And iirc this should be waterproof (or atleast do the job). How much did it hit the wallet in the end (customs etc included)?
How long did the delivery take to reach ?
ninjatalli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2021, 17:09   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Looks very very neat. And iirc this should be waterproof (or atleast do the job). How much did it hit the wallet in the end (customs etc included)?
How long did the delivery take to reach ?
They claimed it's waterproof and the zipper section definitely seems it'll repel water. I'll report if it holds up in rain.
I paid $15, ordered on August 11th, delivered today. No customs duty..was it paid by the seller?I'm unsure how that works. Last week my other order of some LED fog lamps (12th August - 25th August) also came through from a seller from UK.
amol4184 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks