Team-BHP > Team-BHP > Team-BHP Advice > On buying a car

Old 10th May 2019, 11:46   #241

Default Re: ARTICLE: Lease OR Loan? Which EMI is better for you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glass View Post
Looking for some advice.

As per current employer lease calculation for a small car, it appears that the IT saving of 31% on the car lease allowance is directly offset by the 31% of GST on lease amount.

Am I missing something here? Thanks.
31% GST is part of Ex-showroom price. Even you buy the car on your own, you have to pay 28% GST. So you loose only 3%. Chances are that the lease company would match the ex-showroom price by lowering basic rate. Do confirm with your lease provider.
DaptChatterjee is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2019, 12:22   #242
BHPian

Thanks, I thought the calculator provided was based on the same ex-show room price as for regular purchase - let me check with the lease provider and get back.
Glass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2019, 00:03   #243
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaptChatterjee View Post
31% GST is part of Ex-showroom price. Even you buy the car on your own, you have to pay 28% GST. So you loose only 3%. Chances are that the lease company would match the ex-showroom price by lowering basic rate. Do confirm with your lease provider.
I have confirmed this, you are right.

It appears the GST gets deferred for the one taking the lease. There will of course be extra GST on the mark up of the lease provider.
Glass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2019, 11:34   #244

Thanks GTO,
That post was an eye opener. Also the link to the two leasing company has broadened my scope. I have a fleet of 15 vehicles from scooters, to bikes, to cars to heavy goods trucks. Leasing a added benefits will surely let me work out my economics better. Take a bow! You deserve my standing ovation.
Regards,
SS
ssmanipal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2019, 09:14   #245
BHPian

Pardon for the noob question. How does the lease program from Hyundai and Mahindra differ from Orix and others? Does it apply to individuals?
jetsetgo08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2019, 15:16   #246
BHPian

Just wondering , what happens when an employee who has taken a car on lease from his employer dies ? Does employer (lessee) settles it with the lessor ( e.g. oryx) directly ? What if the outstanding amount is more than what the employer owed to their employee as part of the settlement ? Car loan is a debt but is car leased a debt from an employee's perspective ?
hondafanboy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2019, 16:50   #247
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drsingh View Post
Has anybody made use of Maruti's N2N lease option for Corporate /self employed users?
Bumping this up. Guys, Can anyone share their experience of N2N? Helping out a friend who's interested to lease a car for business.

Car in question is an Eeco 5Str AC + CNG. Any alternatives? Looking only at options that include maintenance and tenures of 36-48 months.
blackwasp is offline   Reply With Quote