Team-BHP > Team-BHP Advice > On buying a car

Old 21st February 2021, 23:15   #166
BHPian

Default Re: How a more expensive car can work out cheaper (if you hold onto it for longer)

Yes, I do agree that shelling out some more money to buy a better car always pays in the long run. In 2007 when I was searching for my 1st Car, I had Alto in my mind. My Dad & Mom accompanied me for test-drive and on seeing the newly launched Zen Estilo persuaded me to go for it. It had a more powerful 1100 CC engine (same as Wagon R) and power-windows. It was in our family for 13 long-years and I had upgraded to alloys in 2012 and just sold it few months ago with 90000 Kms on the ODO as We got a Hyundai Aura with all the bells and whistles. Safety is a big concern and Estilo lacks the ABS, EBD, Air Bags etc. which give you peace of mind and confidence behind the wheels for Highway long-drives.
Old 23rd February 2021, 13:24   #167
BHPian

Default Re: How a more expensive car can work out cheaper (if you hold onto it for longer)

In our present garage:
2008 Honda city ( Kms 145k ) Going strong perfectly and decided to keep until 2023. Chose the city over the cheaper Baleno.

2009 Chevrolet Uva ( Kms 95,000) Going reasonable well and decided to keep until 2022. Chose the Uva over the i10, almost same price at the time.

2014 Hyundai i10 Auto ( Kms 45k) Perfectly fine used only for kids and the market etc. Will keep until 2025. Had to buy an a/t for wifey to drop the kids and go to the salon etc

2018 VW Tiguan ( Kms 35000 ) First experience with a VW lets see how it holds up, too early to gauge. Chose over the ford endeavour against my wishes as family vetoed :(

I surely feel the above is money beyond well spent if you calculate the usage.
We have not spent any money on any of the above other than regular servicing and replacing of parts as per usual wear and tear.

Most Viewed