Team-BHP - ARTICLE: Pre-delivery Inspection (PDI) & Check List
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   On buying a car (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buying-car/)
-   -   ARTICLE: Pre-delivery Inspection (PDI) & Check List (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buying-car/68581-article-pre-delivery-inspection-pdi-check-list-41.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by FrodoOfTheShire (Post 4374333)
Shouldn't it be the other way around, that we should do comprehensive inspection before final payment and registration

The PDI does include checking everything you mentioned but a comprehensive check if often not possible for the reason mentioned below.

Things can go wrong in between PDI and delivery as well; so that's your final checkpoint.

Quote:

Also, I have booked the new facelifted EcoSport Titanium+ AT which comes with lots of electronics and sensors. Is it advisable to check each and every feature of the car which I think would take hours?
You can try if the SA allows you but in a majority of the cases, the SA will show you the car only externally. If you strike a good rapport with him, he will perhaps allow you to open the car and turn on the ignition. But I seriously doubt if anyone will allow you to turn on the engine/drive the car. At times, the battery is disconnected. More often than not, SAs don't have the key of the car when they take you for PDI.

Fellow BHPians, I would need your seasoned answers for the peculiar scenario I have. Wanted to book a Terrano XV( I am ok with this least selling model) from 2017 as I am getting it at a very good deal. I have paid 10k as a booking amount. But PDI can't be done now as the vehicle is in chennai plant and it has to be transported to my city. And the dealer says it can be brought only after the full payment is made. He is also ok with returning the amount should we not like it during PDI. As the deal is good i need to make sure PDI is done thoroughly.

Please suggest any safeguards i can take here? Unlike the general practice of making a full payment after a PDI in stockyard/showroom, this car is in plant. So how to go forward. Thanks guys for any of your time and suggestions.

I have had a sour experience at a very renowned dealership in Mumbai suburb.

My PDI was all fine and accordingly I purchased extended warranty.

After 18 months I receive a call from Linkway asking for 3rd and 4th year of extended warranty.

I end up purchasing; partly my fault that I did not realise it was part of the original deal.

Recently my battery drained out completely (sadly in 2 years). While I was searching for battery please warranty card I found out that my extended warranty was also covered.

Shame on the dealer they are double selling warranties.

After rigorous followup and courteous Mr Raj I was refunded the whole amount.

Hope this doesn't happen to anyone else

Being an ardent car lover and a sincere enthusiast of team-bhp, for every new purchase I make it a point to conduct a PDI and also note the VIN.

5 days ago, I visited Varun Motors, Bangalore to purchase a car. Did the routine of asking for the VIN and then inspecting the car in their stockyard and okaying it to my satisfaction. Thereafter, released the full payment and also okayed a few accessories.

Yesterday, I received a call from Varun Motors to collect the car at 5pm. At the time of delivery, I noticed that the car registered and being delivered had a different VIN. I created a scene outside the showroom and refused accepting the delivery of the car.

I have received many calls from the manager and have been asked to meet some senior (CEO) at Varun motors this morning at around 11am.

The earlier car was a May 2018 aged 12 days at their stockyard. The car registered is a March 2018 aged 55days at their stockyard.

All the time I spent looking up the car at the stockyard and conducting the PDI seem a waste. I feel so cheated and decieved.

Have had a sleepless night. What must I do?

Surprisingly! no one has replied as yet. However I visited Varun Motors at 11:30am, the manager acknowledged that there was a lapse on the sales executive's side and there was a gap in their internal communication.

He said that I can check the car to my satisfaction and if there is anything wrong it will be fixed. He reassured me time and again. As a kind gesture he said I could take any additional accessories for Rs. 6000/-

Other than a few spots and 1 to 2 tiny scratches didn't notice anything much. I did not care to go through the PDI checklist because of my disappointment.

I just took the delivery of the car as I had to.

I understand that there is very little I can do and had to compromise with the situation.

This experience will always stay atop of my mind as long as I live and for sure, the next time I ever buy a car will do PDI and take home the car immediately post which the dealership can do all the registration formalities.

Quote:

Originally Posted by yikes6633 (Post 4410051)
Yesterday, I received a call from Varun Motors to collect the car at 5pm. At the time of delivery, I noticed that the car registered and being delivered had a different VIN. I created a scene outside the showroom and refused accepting the delivery of the car.

Did you not check the VIN on the registration form before signing on the papers? Best way to avoid this is to make a note of the VIN when doing the PDI and ensure it's the same on the RTO papers (before signing).

And if you miss doing that and are allotted a different car, then do the PDI all over again at the showroom itself.

Varun Motors is a Maruti dealer, right? Which car did you buy? I can't think of too many Marutis which would be in stock for 2 months as nearly all their products are fast-selling.

The VIN number was noted. The car was inspected at their stockyard after signing blank RTO papers.

Earlier, had bought cars from Mandovi, Sagar, and Garuda and never faced this issue.

At Varun Motors they acknowledged the gap in their internal communication and the GM has been very supportive and understanding towards this mishap.

I bought an Alto VXI

Hey guys, I am going to take the delivery of Toyota Innova 2.7 GX Petrol Avantgarde Bronze. Looking for the excel PDI Checklist please, tried searching but can't find, I remember having seen it on our forums earlier. Although I have found the PDF one I find myself quite comfortable filling up the PDI over my phone during inspection, hence need the excel one, thanks in advance

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShubhGo1987 (Post 4425981)
Hey guys, I am going to take the delivery of Toyota Innova 2.7 GX Petrol Avantgarde Bronze. Looking for the excel PDI Checklist please, tried searching but can't find, I remember having seen it on our forums earlier. Although I have found the PDF one I find myself quite comfortable filling up the PDI over my phone during inspection, hence need the excel one, thanks in advance

Congratulations ShubhGo1987 for your Innova, Wish you happy miles.clap:

Please follow the link : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attach...-pdi-excel.xls

Quote:

Originally Posted by LazyGunner (Post 4251735)
Hey! how did your PDI for the City 2017 go? I'm going for mine tomorrow. Got the printout of the checklist parts 1,2,3 and 4. Although I'm excited about seeing what's going to be my car for the first time tomorrow, I'm hoping that there'll be no issues with it. Given that the GST revision for sedans is planned in coming few days, I don't want any delay because of some irregularities. Also, the dealer has been telling me there was only one car in stock (Gray color) and it is blocked for me. Will update after my inspection tomorrow:)

And, I guess it's too late to answer that City VMT doesn't give spare alloy.

Hey, really sorry LazyGunner. I'm seeing this response a year later! Hope you went ahead with your car and happy with it. I'm happy with my City and love the revs. No complaints that haven't been addressed by Olympia Honda. If you have issues, just raise with Honda main office and they will ensure the dealer reaches out to you for a resolution. I've done that and both have been responsive.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Content Reactor (Post 4446604)
Hey, really sorry LazyGunner.

Thanks! I did go for my PDI and everything was perfect. Only thing was when I was marking my 4-page checklist (created with things I learnt from TBHP), the dealership guy was looking at me with an awe on his face 😂

Delivery was flawless too. Now my City Vx MT is almost 1 year old and I have done 13k on it. Loving every km I cover in it.

My car has been allotted and will be going to the showroom for taking delivery. However we have a doubt whether the yard has been flooded in the recent flood in Kerala.
Is there anything specific that we can check to see if the car has any flood damage?

Quote:

Originally Posted by cooljai (Post 4448058)
My car has been allotted and will be going to the showroom for taking delivery. However we have a doubt whether the yard has been flooded in the recent flood in Kerala.
Is there anything specific that we can check to see if the car has any flood damage?

Should be an easy tell.

There's no way a flood-affected car will dry out (interiors/floor carpets/seats) so soon. Nor would a service centre have the bandwidth to fix it. There will be some tell-tale signs too: some residue, discoloration.

We'll know the true aftermath of this unfortunate tragedy in the days to come.

So, I am going to put in booking amount for Verna Petrol manual today. Any suggestions what all mandatory things need to be put on paper and what all papers I should ask for while handing out the cheque?

Hi All,

I am going to take delivery of my new car at the showroom on Sunday. As of today, a balance payment of 50k (out of 10.5 lakhs) is pending which I had planned to pay via credit card on delivery day. The sales advisor is saying that unless i make the payment before Sunday, the gate pass won't be prepared. Their excuse is that they generally don't deliver vehicles on Sunday, which I find absurd. The dealership is in the heart of Mumbai !!

Registration will be completed tomorrow.

Am I being unreasonable while delaying the balance payment on delivery day. I want to hold on to the 50k so that they are careful with handling and preparing the vehicle till Sunday.

Please advise.