Team-BHP - ARTICLE: The Best (used) Enthusiast cars for 6 lakh rupees! Or less
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   On buying a car (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buying-car/)
-   -   ARTICLE: The Best (used) Enthusiast cars for 6 lakh rupees! Or less (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buying-car/71707-article-best-used-enthusiast-cars-6-lakh-rupees-less-13.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO (Post 1643921)
Or how about if I sell off the boring Indigo instead? I don't want to expand my garage to more than 4 cars. Period. Between the Indigo and the Vtec, what would one sell? :). Took her out on the open road yesterday, was a delight to high-revv, came back from lunch, parked next to the Indigo and went "hmmmm".

:thumbs up What an idea Sirjeee!. Implement it right away. Get the Vtec off classified and put the indigo for sale instead. Indigo VS OHC vtec: - I believe you know the comparison much better than most of us!lol:

Wow.This is an excellent Thread.I still believe that the Lancer's,OHC's and Baleno's were the Best cars (Enthusiast) that came in Indian Market .I was also thinking on selling my lancer some time ago but then no new cars available now impressed me except for the civic (but way out of my budget).So i had to drop the idea and wait for the civic to fall under the 6 lacs bracket (I had made up my Mind that my next car will be a Honda)
Till Then the Mitsubishi rules my Garage !!

This is an excellent thread, when i was looking for buying a new car i test drove almost all car in 8-10lakhs range and dropped my idea of selling my car - Ikon 1.6 (i had put that in Classified section as well) as i didnt find a match. Still enjoying the drives with it.

Nice Thread GTO :

Belive Getz & Accent should also be a part of the list

Brilliant thread. have rated it 5 star. In my opinion this thread should be moved to "The collection of the best threads" section of the forum.

I vote for the V6 Accord too, but have heard that a lot of cars have aircon problems and cost quite a bomb to fix. Can anyone confirm?

Very interesting thread. The best part is the selection of the photos of each car, mostly matches with the character of the car itself. Look at that mahindra 4X4 and Gypsy photos, those are really nice. I bet that swift's snap is also intentionally a modded one :).

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beast_of_Burden (Post 1643971)
So, the pricing for a slightly older Accord or a car with more mileage will definitely be below 10L. I am inclined to think the 6-10L range is realistic.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ACM (Post 1644156)
Have in mid 2009 come across many Accord V6 in the range of 6-8L for model years 2004-2006 in mumbai. So thats definately doable.

Further to what ACM posted, V6' have very poor fuel efficiency. That's why they go dirt cheap. Prices are on par, or in some cars, even lesser than their 4 cylinder siblings.

Quote:

Originally Posted by gaurav_chopra04 (Post 1644291)
:thumbs up What an idea Sirjeee!.

Still thinking. Mods have given this idea the go ahead.

Quote:

Originally Posted by lancer_maniac (Post 1644348)
Wow.This is an excellent Thread.I still believe that the Lancer's,OHC's and Baleno's were the Best cars (Enthusiast) that came in Indian Market .

I have just the thread for you : Linky. Happy reading :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by mail4loys (Post 1644360)
This is an excellent thread, when i was looking for buying a new car i test drove almost all car in 8-10lakhs range and dropped my idea of selling my car - Ikon 1.6 (i had put that in Classified section as well) as i didnt find a match. Still enjoying the drives with it.

So true. I can't think of any new 10 lakh car that I'd replace my Vtec with.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SamtheLeo (Post 1644393)
Belive Getz & Accent should also be a part of the list

Both of them are rather uninspiring to drive. That's why they haven't been included. But hey, its just my opinion. Feel free to add it here if you wish.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sideways (Post 1644491)
Brilliant thread. have rated it 5 star. In my opinion this thread should be moved to "The collection of the best threads" section of the forum.

Thanks Farhan!

Quote:

I vote for the V6 Accord too, but have heard that a lot of cars have aircon problems and cost quite a bomb to fix. Can anyone confirm?
Not that I heard of. Brake pads + rotors, yes, but not come across frequent complaints on the air-con.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ajay_J (Post 1644660)
Very interesting thread. The best part is the selection of the photos of each car, mostly matches with the character of the car itself.

Full credit for choice of pictures goes to Dippy.

Quote:

Look at that mahindra 4X4 and Gypsy photos, those are really nice. I bet that swift's snap is also intentionally a modded one :).
Yup, these pictures have been hand-picked from a fairly large sample.

Kudos to GTO.

A really well formatted thread, which was really interesting to read. It took my 2 (work) hours , @ company cost to read it. :D

Though, GTO, you are giving me nightmares now, since I am going to touch 50k on my vRS in another week I guess..!! :eek:

Quote:

Between the Indigo and the Vtec, what would one sell?

hmmm, this one's a no-brainer unless you have an extremely compelling reason to keep the Indigo.

I'd retain the vtec till it completely runs into the ground. Well kept, that'd take another 5-10 years.

Love my ikon, dont know if any other car drives better than that. A perfect driver's car.

And Lancer is probably is the most mod friendly car in the Indian market.

Quote:

Originally Posted by gomzi (Post 1644805)
I'd retain the vtec till it completely runs into the ground. Well kept, that'd take another 5-10 years.

+2 to that agree:

Any petrol head out there contemplating buying a new car right now should give this thread a read, it really is an eye opener!

Quote:

Congrats on a sensible buy! That Accord will serve you well for a long time to come. If you don't mind sharing, and for the benefit of others, how much did you pay for the car?

Not at all. Purchase price was 3.40 lakh (with another 15K spent on sundry minor work). The car is Mumbai registered and M/T (not sure if I mentioned that). I got the car inspected by the Apex and Solitaire service stations separately as well as an independent mechanic. Tyres are almost new; alloys original. I love the somewhat classic look of the 1st gen accord. Very American look although some may find it a little staid.

Like I said, I saw the potential in the car to offer relatively hassle free ownership for about 4 - 5 years and 50,000kms at least. If it does that, I'd consider the investment recovered so not too fussed on subsequent resale value at that point.

Quote:

Originally Posted by aditbelw (Post 1644746)
Though, GTO, you are giving me nightmares now, since I am going to touch 50k on my vRS in another week I guess..!! :eek:

Well, its niggles here and there. Look up existing RS ownership reviews and you should be well prepared. Small price to pay for the driving pleasure, if you ask me.

Quote:

Originally Posted by gomzi (Post 1644805)
hmmm, this one's a no-brainer unless you have an extremely compelling reason to keep the Indigo.

Well, the heart seems to erase all the compelling reasons that the brain churns out. Lets see how things pan out.

Quote:

Originally Posted by prmd_cochin (Post 1645016)
And Lancer is probably is the most mod friendly car in the Indian market.

So true. The Lancer is still a great looking C segment sedan, perfectly proportioned lines. Great mod support for both, the exterior as well as under the hood.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Axe77 (Post 1645399)
Not at all. Purchase price was 3.40 lakh (with another 15K spent on sundry minor work). The car is Mumbai registered and M/T (not sure if I mentioned that). I got the car inspected by the Apex and Solitaire service stations separately as well as an independent mechanic. Tyres are almost new; alloys original. I love the somewhat classic look of the 1st gen accord. Very American look although some may find it a little staid.

Like I said, I saw the potential in the car to offer relatively hassle free ownership for about 4 - 5 years and 50,000kms at least. If it does that, I'd consider the investment recovered so not too fussed on subsequent resale value at that point.

Well, congratulations to you on a superb buy! Can't get anymore of a reliable, all-rounded, D segment sedan for the price.

with 6lac in pocket and accord in mind, this thread provides some very good alternatives.
many thanks to GTO..

btw, i could not find even a single accord even close to 6 lacs price bracket since 2 months now.

search is still on..

Gaurav: I could see a few in carwale in the price vicinity.. do checkout