Team-BHP - ARTICLE: The Best (used) Enthusiast cars for 6 lakh rupees! Or less
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   On buying a car (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buying-car/)
-   -   ARTICLE: The Best (used) Enthusiast cars for 6 lakh rupees! Or less (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buying-car/71707-article-best-used-enthusiast-cars-6-lakh-rupees-less-16.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajmat (Post 1656172)
What about the good old Premier Padmini

Back to basics. With headers and freeflow, it sounds really fruity. The steering was reasonably accurate. Primative rear suspension adds to the fun

Excellent choice Ajmat!

Just imagining.. A new coat of pearl white, black wheels and black meshed grille, FFE and a thin strip of the Italian Flag running across the car's length from the hood to the boot (a la, Challenge Stradale/Scuderia) Oh! Glorious! :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by de3p (Post 1656189)
Can i know the price at which you picked her up?

just pming you the price.

Quote:

Originally Posted by akshay1234 (Post 1656139)
i just picked up a car on this list. a black honda accord 2007 model (facelifted). only done 6600kms. let the fun begin.

Congratulations Akshay. 6600 kms on a 2007 model is as good as new. the best it looks is in Black and thats what you got:thumbs up.

I believe its the 2.4. Do post a detailed review... ofcourse with snaps.

Enjoy the ride
Drive safe.

Quote:

Originally Posted by gaurav_chopra04 (Post 1656355)
Congratulations Akshay. 6600 kms on a 2007 model is as good as new. the best it looks is in Black and thats what you got:thumbs up.

I believe its the 2.4. Do post a detailed review... ofcourse with snaps.

Enjoy the ride
Drive safe.

nope, its the 3.0 v6. i was keen on the facelifted version because it had a power bump from the earlier one and the transmission is more efficient. i will have the car in my hands tomorrow and i will take some pictures then.

i have some plans for this car.:D

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajmat (Post 1656172)
What about the good old Premier Padmini

Back to basics. With headers and freeflow, it sounds really fruity. The steering was reasonably accurate. Primative rear suspension adds to the fun

Ajmat, if modded cars have to be taken into account, almost 90% of the cars will qualify.

Even without mods, our own M-800 5 Speed Mpfi certainly makes the grade. :)

Quote:

i just picked up a car on this list. a black honda accord 2007 model (facelifted). only done 6600kms. let the fun begin.

Congratulations Akshay, good choice. How much did you pay for it? And please do post some pictures.

Please find my replies in bold

Quote:

Originally Posted by akshay1234 (Post 1656449)
nope, its the 3.0 v6.

Ahhh..i guessed for the 2.4 because I thought you would have shouted 3Litre V666666666 otherwise... :D. Anyways, that makes it Just Perfect!

the facelifted version because it had a power bump from the earlier one and the transmission is more efficient.

Ya.. I know that. Also if I am not wrong, It also has a retuned ECU, etc etc and is also faster 0 to 100 compared to the pre face lifted V6.

i will have the car in my hands tomorrow and i will take some pictures then.

All the Best

i have some plans for this car.

Now that sounds interesting. Let me guess, some hardened up suspention, turbo charger (around 350+ bhp) 0 to 100 in less than 7 sec, etc etc. Body kit first..:D

gaurav - i dont intend on getting forced induction but in the next year or so i want to bump up the power a bit.

Hi GTO,

Great thread.

My vote is for the Esteem.
I just can't believe that it's not included yet.
Agree with all your points about the Baleno.
However, spares for Baleno are extremely difficult to find.
The Esteem can be fixed literally anywhere.
With a few mild mods (like i have):) the car is an absolue flier.

This thread would not be complete without it.

SS

what !! a honda accord for 6 lakh rupees or less!!!.

i am getting a heart attack!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by ex670c (Post 1651857)
Hi Guys,

A fully-Loaded Ex-Army MM550XD can surely feature on the List.

Sure could, Arka. The reason I didn't add it is that they are hard to come by. Then, there is the headache of restoration and frequent sorting out of niggles.

Would you not agree that a used Gypsy is a far simpler buy?

Quote:

clap:clap: CONGRATS! That was super-quick Akshay. I'm glad you got the facelift....it is quicker, yes. Plus, an '07 with 7,000 kms on the odo has not even completed its running in! 221 BHP, acres of space and a good price. Excellent purchase. Please give us a detailed ownership report via a new thread.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO (Post 1663033)

clap:clap: CONGRATS! That was super-quick Akshay. I'm glad you got the facelift....it is quicker, yes. Plus, an '07 with 7,000 kms on the odo has not even completed its running in! 221 BHP, acres of space and a good price. Excellent purchase. Please give us a detailed ownership report via a new thread.

thanks. i will do that. i just found another interesting fact. both are autocar timings. the facelift does 0-100 in 8.38 seconds while the NEW v6 does 0-100 in 8.7 seconds.:uncontrol

Quote:

Originally Posted by akshay1234 (Post 1663048)
thanks. i will do that. i just found another interesting fact. both are autocar timings. the facelift does 0-100 in 8.38 seconds while the NEW v6 does 0-100 in 8.7 seconds.:uncontrol

The new one is probably a lot LOT heavier than the older one I reckon!(?) How's the 'box on the new one? Is it sluggish? It does come with paddle-shifts though! :)

Great buy Akshay! But don't reach for the keys yet! You still have a few months left! :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by akshay1234 (Post 1663048)

How much you finally paid for the car? some pics will also help :)

All the best, happy motoring.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rishi_kapoor (Post 1663555)
How much you finally paid for the car? some pics will also help :)

All the best, happy motoring.

i havent taken delivery of the car since i have been waiting for the original documents to arrive. will give them another day or 2 to produce the documents otherswise look for another car.