Team-BHP - ARTICLE: The Best (used) Enthusiast cars for 6 lakh rupees! Or less
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   On buying a car (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buying-car/)
-   -   ARTICLE: The Best (used) Enthusiast cars for 6 lakh rupees! Or less (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buying-car/71707-article-best-used-enthusiast-cars-6-lakh-rupees-less-19.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vibhanshu (Post 1696981)
Searching a Lancer! :)
Can someone direct me to a good mechanic who can do the inspection of the vehicle in Hyderabad?

Raima Motors - showroom - Kondapur, workshop Hafizpet

i wonder how come esteem is not included in the list!

I too sometimes have that doubt . I know it is the fastest in its class (Sedan), if you leave out the Baleno, on sheer weight to engine capacity measures. But whether an enthusiast's car ?? I reserve my doubts on that.

i am huge fan of baleno and i am using it since last 5 years.i strongly feel it is much better highway car than OHC (no offence to OHC fans! even i have got one)

Quote:

Originally Posted by procircuit_234 (Post 1732217)
i am huge fan of baleno and i am using it since last 5 years.i strongly feel it is much better highway car than OHC (no offence to OHC fans! even i have got one)

Yeah, not only a better highway car but a better overall car too. But I found the OHC-vtec more fun when pushed harder.

I saw this thread today only wanted to share my recent purchase.
Maruti Swift Vdi

Model : Jan 2009 Model
Km Covered : 22800
Color -- White
Condition -- ScratchLess

Accesories -:
Skin Tight Black color leatherette seat covers.
Sony stereo (With USB) and pioneer 4 speakers
All doors and rear screen with Garware shield.
All 5 tires changed to 195/60/R14 imported Kenda Make, and well rotated on time good tread left
Extended warranty taken and still 22 months left.
Insurance renewed in Jan 2010 so 10 months left.
20K service done on 5th Feb so next service due is also quite far.
Maruti original Center locking with touch sensitivity.
Teflon Coating.

All accessories are from maruti dealer only and I have all the bills till now including all services and purchase.
It was driven by a lady for daily office commute and local city run.

The total deal was cracked in 4.35L.
Car is Chandigarh number registered and here in Chandigarh resale price is a little higher than other cities.
I am quite happy with the deal and enjoying the car.
On road price of Vdi is 5.4 in chd. and if accessories cost is included it is roughly 5.7.

Quote:

Originally Posted by lalitk25 (Post 1777317)
I saw this thread today only wanted to share my recent purchase.
Maruti Swift Vdi

Model : Jan 2009 Model
Km Covered : 22800
Color -- White
Condition -- ScratchLess

....The total deal was cracked in 4.35L...On road price of Vdi is 5.4 in chd. and if accessories cost is included it is roughly 5.7.

Now thats some deal. Congratulations!:thumbs up

I believe VDi here in Delhi costs about 5.5lac and I have personally seen a year old car being sold for about 4.8 to 5 lac. For this, you can give credit to the 4 months waiting period on new car and a very high demand.

You have certainly got a great deal considering this.

Do post an initial ownership report with mandatory snaps.

Take care and drive safe.

In HT Classifieds today:

"2007 Accord 3.0, V6. Showroom condition". Asking 5.9 lakh

Quote:

Originally Posted by naru (Post 1794468)
In HT Classifieds today:

thats really tempting!can anyone guess when civic will enter this thread?

Quote:

Originally Posted by naru (Post 1794468)
In HT Classifieds today:

has to be an accident car. or a typo.

Quote:

Originally Posted by akshay1234 (Post 1794485)
has to be an accident car. or a typo.

no typo. but could be an accident car.

i called up the guy. He's in Jangpura, 30 km from my house, otherwise would have gone and checked.

he claims its a distress sale.

Pre-worshipped deal of 2010:

2009 Black Ford Fiesta 1.6S. Thane registered. Still in warranty. 9,000 kms on the odo. Price = Slightly less than 5.0 lakhs. A friend (and fellow BHPian) may shortly be picking this car up.

Still want to buy a brand new car? :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO (Post 1800265)

2009 Black Ford Fiesta 1.6S. Thane registered. Still in warranty. 9,000 kms on the odo. Price = Slightly less than 5.0 lakhs. A friend (and fellow BHPian) may shortly be picking this car up.

With this type of deals, No. But I guess such sweet deals are few and far between. One may have to invest considerable amount of time and effort and be really patient.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guna (Post 1800304)
With this type of deals, No. But I guess such sweet deals are few and far between. One may have to invest considerable amount of time and effort and be really patient.

True Guna. But then, so is the often quoted "no pain, no gain" line. If it were so easy to get such cars, everyone would line up and prices would instantly shoot up :)

I quite like things the way that they are. Scouring the market for deals is so much fun :D. And that's exactly where our knowledgebase - as a petrolhead - comes in handy.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO (Post 1800265)

wow ! now that is a deal ! clap: