Team-BHP - ARTICLE: The Best (used) Enthusiast cars for 6 lakh rupees! Or less
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   On buying a car (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buying-car/)
-   -   ARTICLE: The Best (used) Enthusiast cars for 6 lakh rupees! Or less (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buying-car/71707-article-best-used-enthusiast-cars-6-lakh-rupees-less-24.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by sharninder (Post 2512607)
Production of the Adventure Sports Petrol stopped in 2007, I believe. It will be tough to find a good adventure since they're owned mostly by enthusiasts. When I bought my Palio 1.6 in 2007 there was an Adventure at the showroom going for 5.5lakh so if you do find one, it'll be a steal. I didn't buy 'cause .... I was dumb !! :Frustrati

The best part about the Adventure is the all independent suspension and the solid build.

Hi Sharninder,

I recently took a 2002 1.6 sports adventure off the hands of another BHPian.
It was very well maintained except for the paint fading, and couple of niggles which I sorted out. The car still hits top speeds of 160 and is rev happy. You truly have to be an enthusiast to bear with this car, since its definitely not one of the most economical cars to drive around.

True to its word, it really takes you through the worst of the road conditions effortlessly.

Sharing couple of images with you. Rest on my garage. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by krazydriver84 (Post 2512888)
Hi Sharninder,

True to its word, it really takes you through the worst of the road conditions effortlessly.

Sharing couple of images with you. Rest on my garage. :)

Wow ! You're a lucky dude :-)

I recently saw an adventure 1.9D for sale on one of the online forums but it was in Thane and I'm not really looking to upgrade but the Diesel adventure is an even better and rare'er spcies than the petrol one in the used market. No one wants to part with it

Quote:

Originally Posted by sharninder (Post 2512927)
Wow ! You're a lucky dude :-)

I recently saw an adventure 1.9D for sale on one of the online forums but it was in Thane and I'm not really looking to upgrade but the Diesel adventure is an even better and rare'er spcies than the petrol one in the used market. No one wants to part with it

True, but am skeptical about the 1.9 D Adventure, especially since the car is out of production, the parts would be more rarer than the 1.6 Sports petrol.

but if you are still searching for it, I had seen a classified somewhere on the net regarding a Red 1.9 Din Delhi going for around 1.75L.

You might have to do a bit of hunting around for it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by krazydriver84 (Post 2513023)
True, but am skeptical about the 1.9 D Adventure, especially since the car is out of production, the parts would be more rarer than the 1.6 Sports petrol.

but if you are still searching for it, I had seen a classified somewhere on the net regarding a Red 1.9 Din Delhi going for around 1.75L.

You might have to do a bit of hunting around for it.

Thanks but I'm not really looking for a new car right now. Unless Fiat launches the 1.6MJD ... then it's a different thing :thumbs up.

I agree sourcing parts for the 1.9D would be a little tough, but as far as I've heard Fiat is still supporting that engine, so there's still hope :-)

Quote:

Originally Posted by AdrenalinJunkie (Post 2512446)
The major difference is actually the suspension setup which alters the ride and handling which makes the 1.6S slightly harsh for city drives but an absolute monster on the curves!!!
Almost ZERO body roll, I have taken 90 degree turns at 120+ without any protest from the car. OT the only other car I can think of for topnotch handling under the 10lac bracket is the Mitsubishi Cedia.

Here are a few other visual differences,

Ford Fiesta 1.6S
  • Side Skirts and Rear spoiler
  • Blue-Black interiors
  • Silver finish dashboard
  • Fixed head rests for the rear bench
  • Double stiched black upholstery
  • Semi-Smoked head lamps like the Exi
  • Different alloys and tyres (Rubber size and design)
Ford Fiesta 1.6 SXI
  • Beige interiors
  • Faux wood darshboard
  • Chromed ORMVs with turn indicators
  • Wierd silver paineted radiator grill
  • Body colured metal base for the number plate
  • Central armrest and adjustable headrests for the rear bench

Thanks Mate for the info, however, i have got the 2008 model SXI which is the one on my profile. Its a bit different that what you have mentioned above.
I am also interested about the resale amount it may fetch me, since its lying at my garage without anyone running it for 6 months now.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SMK (Post 2513290)
Thanks Mate for the info, however, i have got the 2008 model SXI which is the one on my profile. Its a bit different that what you have mentioned above.
I am also interested about the resale amount it may fetch me, since its lying at my garage without anyone running it for 6 months now.

Yeah i was talking about the facelifted version that came in 2009.

Hi all,

I'm in a lookout for a pure enthusiastic car (weekend car), usage would be 100km a weekend, max 400-500km a month. Budget is 5lacs
I'm not worried about the mileage.
For my daily use I already have a Scorpio AT and NHC

Below are my few options I'm looking at

Honda accord 2004-2005
Merc W210 *1998- 2000 (e230)
Skoda Octavia 2002- 2004

Out of the above three my personal fav is W210, I know W124 is better but I personally love W210 shape

As this would be my first attempt with this league and have never bought a second Hand car, hence below are some areas where I would need some details/info

Any other cars which can be looked at under this budget?
Are spare parts available easily for such car?
What is the cost of normal services for such cars?
Need a *reference for a good mechanic who can be approached while checking or finalizing the car, especially for W210

I saw a clean W124,via team-bhp classified a week back, but before I could have closed the deal, it got sold over night*:deadhorse

Have gone through articles put up by GTO and others for cars under 6lacs, but I'm not interested in OHC, baleno, ikon, or SUV, etc.

Please suggest

I would be looking at couple accords and a w210 in a couple of days, would put their details as I see them

Quote:

Originally Posted by pug4u (Post 2606724)
Below are my few options I'm looking at

Honda accord 2004-2005
Merc W210 *1998- 2000 (e230)
Skoda Octavia 2002- 2004

Out of the above three my personal fav is W210, I know W124 is better but I personally love W210 shape

As this would be my first attempt with this league and have never bought a second Hand car, hence below are some areas where I would need some details/info

If this is your first pre-owned car, I recommend you stay away from Merc or the Skoda. Regarding the accord, you might look at a 2008 or later V6 but that will be out of budget. Further, you will have to shell some extra cash to get the handling sorted. Check Bhpian Akshay's thread here..

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...view-pg31.html

You can check the vrs but look for later year's model 2006 and 2007..Also, please note that the vRS can be a bit heavy on pocket compared to Accord OR other japs

I would like to recommend two cars here that you can use as an everyday car. First is the Honda civic and the second being Mitsubishi Cedia.

You can easily get a 2006/2007 civic for under 5, stretch the budget by another 50k and you may also get a 2008 in delhi. This is one car that appeals to both head and heart. You will love it. Regarding the cedia, you can get a 2006 model for about 3 lacs, 2007 for about 3.5 and 2008 for about 4 lacs but I'd say look for a 2008 or later model which had momo steering and OZ alloys. You should get it under 5 lacs..Again, you will love to drive it.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...-counting.html

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...-update-7.html

Quote:

Are spare parts available easily for such car?
Parts of Hondas will be very easy to procure from any where and you can procure parts for vRS and Cedia from Karol Bagh and Kashmere gate.

Parts for W210 can be procured from Khan Market..

Quote:

What is the cost of normal services for such cars?
I dont think any of the cars you are looking for or I suggested except Merc will be very expensive to maintain in aftermarket. I'd highly recommend a civic or a 2008 or later accord V6 for you..

EDIT: In fact, trading your NHC for a civic wont be a bad idea either, until you need an extra car..:)

Really nice thread GTO. I've jut got one of the cars on the list too. A 2004 Mitsu Lancer.
I'd like to mention that i was actually looking for a City or Baleno to replace my ageing Esteem, but surprisingly i didn't come across any good examples for sale here in Bangalore! Most City's and Balenos for sale were used and abused beyond explaination:Frustrati
But no regrets, am happy with the clean lancer that i finally boughtclap:
How come you have not mentioned the Esteem on this thread i wonder?

Hey Gaurav,
Thanks for the prompt response, and i have heared horror stories about Skoda agree:, however I agree Civic is good option, but I dont know why I'm driven by this D segment.
ALso I plan to see a C-200 Kompressor this 2003 model, seller is asking 6.5, condition looks ok (atleast via pics) will see it in person in coming weekend,he is saying its negotiable

So how about adding
Civic and
C-200 or 180 in the list (2003 - 2004 model)

Quote:

Originally Posted by pug4u (Post 2608052)

So how about adding
Civic and
C-200 or 180 in the list (2003 - 2004 model)

As Rush would say, RUN AWAY. The maintenance for this would make Skoda maintenance look like peanuts. And it wouldn't be as much fun to drive either.

The W210 you mentioned earlier too is avoidable. It was the first of the problematic (cost cutting) Mercs.

The Accord is the only car which you can actually leave standing for 5 days and use it on the weekends without it giving you even a tiny problem. You will just need to get a major service done once you get the car, keep 15-20k for this and then you are set. My honest advice, try and up your budget to a facelifted (2007) Accord V6 like the one I have. The drive is noticeable better thanks to the new gearbox.

Quote:

Originally Posted by pug4u (Post 2608052)
So how about adding...C-200 or 180 in the list (2003 - 2004 model)

You dont wana touch those with a barge pole..especially the C180,

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...z-india-9.html

Check this thread, straight from the Horse's mouth..:D

I again suggest that you stick with Japs, until even maintenance budget is also not a constraint..:)

EDIT: just saw akshay's post... I completely agree, get yourself a facelifted accord V6 and forget everything else..

Quote:

Originally Posted by akshay1234 (Post 2608081)
As Rush would say, RUN AWAY. The maintenance for this would make Skoda maintenance look like peanuts. And it wouldn't be as much fun to drive either.

The W210 you mentioned earlier too is avoidable. It was the first of the problematic (cost cutting) Mercs.

The Accord is the only car which you can actually leave standing for 5 days and use it on the weekends without it giving you even a tiny problem. You will just need to get a major service done once you get the car, keep 15-20k for this and then you are set. My honest advice, try and up your budget to a facelifted (2007) Accord V6 like the one I have. The drive is noticeable better thanks to the new gearbox.

Hey Akshay, thanks bro, saw your review of Accord, simply awesome, so as per you a '07 accord V6 should cost how much? with a decent run less than 40,000km.
BTW is there any major difference between 3.0 and 2.4, i knw its the engine CC but is their a major performance diff or what (sorry i knw stupid:

i just second akshay and gaurav.for me used=Japanese.
civic
cedia
accord 2.4MT
accord V6.

Quote:

Originally Posted by pug4u (Post 2608261)
Hey Akshay, thanks bro, saw your review of Accord, simply awesome, so as per you a '07 accord V6 should cost how much? with a decent run less than 40,000km.
BTW is there any major difference between 3.0 and 2.4, i knw its the engine CC but is their a major performance diff or what (sorry i knw stupid:

I don\'t think you will get an 07 Accord below 8l, that being the lowest possible price for a good condition car.

There is more than a 1 second difference 0-100 between the old v6 and the facelifted with the new gearbox. And between the FL V6 and the 2.4 there is an 80bhp odd difference and almost a 2 second difference in the 0-100 and the difference keeps increasing. Remember the 0-100 isn\'t that great for the Accord because its front wheel drive. After 100 the thing really is quick.