Team-BHP > Team-BHP Advice > On buying a car


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 20th December 2018, 17:33   #2746
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 579
Thanked: 1,467 Times
Default Re: ARTICLE: Find your car's date of manufacture (VIN)

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Is this car delivered?

Production Date: 26.03.2018
Delivery Date: 31.05.2018

Chassis No.: MALC841CLJM059972
Engine No.: G4FGJU387160
Model ID : ACCENT/VERNA(HCI)
Model Year : 2018
Engine : G 1.6 MPI
Thanks Anurag. No I'm yet to book the car, but seriously thinking about taking the plunge. At least the dealer has been truthful about it being a March 2018 manufactured car (he told me the same upfront). I really want a black or red colored Verna but unfortunately, none of the dealer seem to have any in stock, except this single piece.

Should I go for it?
Nav-i-gator is offline  
Old 20th December 2018, 17:47   #2747
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 11,538
Thanked: 18,855 Times
Default Re: ARTICLE: Find your car's date of manufacture (VIN)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nav-i-gator View Post
Thanks Anurag. No I'm yet to book the car, but seriously thinking about taking the plunge. At least the dealer has been truthful about it being a March 2018 manufactured car (he told me the same upfront). I really want a black or red colored Verna but unfortunately, none of the dealer seem to have any in stock, except this single piece. ?
Truthful part aside, why is it showing as delivered? Is this a demo or TD vehicle?

Have you done the PDI?
a4anurag is offline  
Old 20th December 2018, 17:51   #2748
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 579
Thanked: 1,467 Times
Default Re: ARTICLE: Find your car's date of manufacture (VIN)

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Truthful part aside, why is it showing as delivered? Is this a demo or TD vehicle?

Have you done the PDI?
That's interesting! SHowing as delivered means it is delivered (registered) to someone? Means, a new car would not have a delivery date otherwise? Now I'm curious.

I have not booked the car yet, so any insights would be immensely helpful. Really don't want to be cheated (and being a member of TeamBHP, still getting cheated would be doubly embarassing )
Nav-i-gator is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th December 2018, 18:42   #2749
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 11,538
Thanked: 18,855 Times
Default Re: ARTICLE: Find your car's date of manufacture (VIN)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nav-i-gator View Post
That's interesting! SHowing as delivered means it is delivered (registered) to someone? Means, a new car would not have a delivery date otherwise? Now I'm curious.

I have not booked the car yet, so any insights would be immensely helpful
Being a fairly fast selling car, can't really understand why this particular car is sitting with the dealership from April/May. Was it invoiced to someone but delivery not taken or is a Demo car, can't really understand.

I'll say wait for another car and leave this. Not worth it IMHO. Any other dealership in your city?
a4anurag is offline  
Old 21st December 2018, 15:20   #2750
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 192
Thanked: 183 Times
Default Re: Decoding year/month of manufacture for Ford VINs

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post
[center][b]

While this is a quick way of decoding just the year and month, Ford have made available an online tool that decodes a VIN to provide much more information about their cars, called the FordEtis tool.

Using the FordEtis site is very simple: [list=1][*]Visit the URL https://www.etis.ford.com/vehicleRegSelector.do
This site is not working. IS there any alternate similar site for Ford VIN's in India?
TheIndian is offline  
Old 22nd December 2018, 17:55   #2751
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 101
Thanked: 127 Times
Default Re: ARTICLE: Find your car's date of manufacture (VIN)

All - Need a quick piece of advice here. I have booked a Hexa last week and the delivery date is the 1st week of January. The dealer shared the VIN number and it indicates it is manufactured in Sept. Upon questioning, he mentioned he does not have control over what TATA sends. Is it ok to take a car that is 3 months old or should i insist i need the current month. He mentioned the December mfg models are not sold this year. Please let me know what i need to be watchful about here.
Shiwik is offline  
Old 24th December 2018, 23:58   #2752
Senior - BHPian
 
Chethan B G's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,553
Thanked: 1,366 Times
Default Re: ARTICLE: Find your car's date of manufacture (VIN)

Hi,

Can anyone help me decode the following VIN:

WBA8T3708JBA34887

Thanks in advance!
Chethan B G is offline  
Old 25th December 2018, 00:23   #2753
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 11,538
Thanked: 18,855 Times
Default Re: ARTICLE: Find your car's date of manufacture (VIN)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chethan B G View Post
WBA8T3708JBA34887
Is this a blue 3 series GT?
a4anurag is offline  
Old 25th December 2018, 01:21   #2754
Senior - BHPian
 
Chethan B G's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,553
Thanked: 1,366 Times
Default Re: ARTICLE: Find your car's date of manufacture (VIN)

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Is this a blue 3 series GT?
Yes. Can you help with details? I tried a couple of sites without luck.
Chethan B G is offline  
Old 25th December 2018, 02:04   #2755
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 11,538
Thanked: 18,855 Times
Default Re: ARTICLE: Find your car's date of manufacture (VIN)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chethan B G View Post
Yes. Can you help with details? I tried a couple of sites without luck.
Can you check this link below:

https://decoder.bvzine.com

ARTICLE: Find your car's date of manufacture (VIN)-screenshot_20181225020132.jpg

ARTICLE: Find your car's date of manufacture (VIN)-screenshot_20181225020148.jpg

WBA8T3708JBA34887.pdf

PS: Open image in a new tab for better readability.

Last edited by a4anurag : 25th December 2018 at 02:23.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th December 2018, 11:07   #2756
BHPian
 
altius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 233
Thanked: 93 Times
Default Re: ARTICLE: Find your car's date of manufacture (VIN)

@a4anurag, from which website did you decode the VIN? I am trying to decode the VIN for a Hyundai Creta booked by my friend. He has been given a 17 digit VIN and the car is yet to reach the dealership from factory. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Being a fairly fast selling car, can't really understand why this particular car is sitting with the dealership from April/May. Was it invoiced to someone but delivery not taken or is a Demo car, can't really understand.

I'll say wait for another car and leave this. Not worth it IMHO. Any other dealership in your city?
altius is offline  
Old 29th December 2018, 13:07   #2757
BHPian
 
Vikalp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Meerut
Posts: 46
Thanked: 37 Times
Default Re: ARTICLE: Find your car's date of manufacture (VIN)

Quote:
Originally Posted by altius View Post
@a4anurag, from which website did you decode the VIN? I am trying to decode the VIN for a Hyundai Creta booked by my friend. He has been given a 17 digit VIN and the car is yet to reach the dealership from factory. Thanks.
You can decode the Hyundai VIN from here: http://service.hyundai-motor.com/euro5/login.tiles

You would have to register an account.
Vikalp is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th December 2018, 14:51   #2758
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 11,538
Thanked: 18,855 Times
Default Re: ARTICLE: Find your car's date of manufacture (VIN)

Quote:
Originally Posted by altius View Post
@a4anurag, from which website did you decode the VIN?
Sorry for the late reply, somehow didn't get the notification for the quoted post.

To answer the question, I use the same link as given by Vikalp. I've registered myself there hence can decode the VIN.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th January 2019, 18:37   #2759
BHPian
 
Pferdestarke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Vijayawada
Posts: 611
Thanked: 1,220 Times
Default Re: ARTICLE: Find your car's date of manufacture (VIN)

Hello Lads,

Please help me decode this VIN: MCA11884517076181KEZ of Abarth Punto.

Thanks in advance!
Pferdestarke is offline  
Old 8th January 2019, 14:25   #2760
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 11,538
Thanked: 18,855 Times
Default Re: ARTICLE: Find your car's date of manufacture (VIN)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pferdestarke View Post
Please help me decode this VIN: MCA11884517076181KEZ of Abarth Punto.
Here is what I could get so far:

ARTICLE: Find your car's date of manufacture (VIN)-screenshot_20190108032059.jpg
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Reply

Most Viewed
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Copyright 2000 - 2020, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks