Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th April 2008, 23:19   #46
BHPian

Blau Hu's VS Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by tush View Post
I was considering ST Louis MP56 but i came to know that its a 2 years old model and about to get discontinued soon. The new series is launching this May.
Tush,
sometime mid last year, i too was hunting around for an upgrade from my Pioneer. The only official option pointed me in the direction of the St. Louis. Did a few demo's, weighed my options, had at the time sold my heart out to the Alpine 9887 even (no USB though).

Played it at flat settings with a Audio CD Compilation of my choice. Found it to be nice overall, a tad bright. Yet there was something that was lacking. Held back on my purchase for a month or so. Couldn't pinpoint the cause though.

Then i happened to hear a mid-level Clarion by chance. Went all out and splurged on the Clarion DXZ 775/6 USB. Been broke ever since but i finally had hit the sweet spot. It's not the popular option, the A.S.S. is non existent. Had a terrible experience with the official distributor. Finally picked it up in the grey market. Current grey price for the same unit is 10K approx.

My two bit advice, look over the Blau and turn to Clarion or even JVC if not Alpine. You'll be happier.

Cheers.
Old 6th April 2008, 03:56   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by St. Anger View Post
Tush,

My two bit advice, look over the Blau and turn to Clarion or even JVC if not Alpine. You'll be happier.

Cheers.

Well definetly i ve kept my options open. What about kenwood. Hows it as compared to clarion, jvc, pioneer and blau. The new line up is coming up in April as mentioned in another thread.

Kenwood Corporation | Car Electroics | 1DIN Receivers
Old 7th April 2008, 21:11   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tush View Post
Hey which one are u using.
The following website mentions about new HUs launching in 2008. Have heard some of them might hit in India in May 2008.

Blaupunkt CES 2008
Sorry for the late reply,was out of station. I'm using Bahamas MP34 as of now, not looking for a upgrade now but have been thinking about getting a USB/iPod ready unit.But I somehow don't want to go for Pioneer and Blau's and alpines are bit too costly for me to spend as of now.May be after few months I will re-consider.
Regards,
Kaushik
Old 8th April 2008, 12:13   #49
Senior - BHPian

Even I am quite surprised why Blaupunkt is kinda looked down upon in comparison to Pioneer, Kenwood and Alpine.

IMHO, Blaupunkt - Clunky, no standardized UI across models. But nonetheless, good SQ and perceived premium image. Maybe that justifies the high price tag and no grey market availability?

Alpine does not even feature a USB/iPod compatibility at the same price point. Although, I agree SQ of Alpine HUs are a shade better than Pioneer.

Kenwood - I am not too sure as I have never liked their design or SQ.

Pioneer - Very good VFM and mass market product offering a good combination of features, compatibility and up gradation at a very convenient price
Old 10th April 2008, 10:28   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingshan View Post
I have one question, is it illegal having a LCD panel in the front din? coz its illegal in the US, just curious to know..
hey guys is someone out there to answer this query?
Old 25th April 2008, 01:49   #51
BHPian

Hi Guys,
I'm planning to buy a HU, i'm looking at something under 5k , I just need a simple headunit with nice audio quality. lights, and boom-tizz buttons don't mean much , is there any blaupunkt HU in the price ? which one?

Thanks ,
Amit.
Old 25th April 2008, 10:26   #52
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by techn0l0gist View Post
is there any blaupunkt HU in the price ? which one?.
Blau has the "Mumbai"
Old 25th April 2008, 10:34   #53
Senior - BHPian

even that was a bit more than 5k the last time i checked ? unless its without b&w

with b&w i think jvc is the only option
Old 29th April 2008, 11:47   #54
BHPian

Wait for another week and you should find new brouchers with blaupunkt dealers of the new upcoming models this year.
Old 10th May 2008, 18:38   #55
BHPian

In this thread everyone has got a lot of love and respect for Blaupunkt,

I ve got a doubt.I am plannin to install some ice in my car and was

wondering is it adivisable to install all the components

(speakers,sub,amp,HU) of Blaupunkt.Why go for all the assorted

companies ?
Old 10th May 2008, 20:26   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satansvalet View Post
... wondering is it adivisable to install all the components (speakers,sub,amp,HU) of Blaupunkt.Why go for all the assorted companies ?
No reason why not!!! Added advantage - Blaupunkt has the best After Sales Service, so peace of mind. Make sure you buy from an authorized shop - check the Blaupunkt India website for the dealers.

But, make sure you audition the components you want - different models even from the same manufacturer have different sound characteristics. Make sure you know what you are getting.
Old 20th May 2008, 17:33   #57
BHPian

vvvvvvvvv

Xank a lot bro 4 u r advice !

SMS terminology is not permitted on TBHP. Please refrain from using such terminology in the future.

Last edited by navin : 21st May 2008 at 10:40.
Old 26th May 2008, 12:29   #58
BHPian

I own a Blau Memphis MP66 for around 1 year. They gave me warranty and theft insurance and a few gifts like an audio cd, balupunkt bunnies pair, branded box of tissues and 10 cd case. I paid around 26000 for the HU, steering remote, sub-woofer cable and additional Y splitter.

I have installed no amps, just Blau 6X9 for rear and JBL in front, all in stock locations. Plus a pioneer powered subwoofer and a blau steering remote. Though I am no audiophile but I do have a taste for music.

The sound doesnt clip even on near full volumes on internal amps. The sound is loud. It features SD/MMC slot, USB. All blaus post 2005 have ipod connectivity through the adapter cable(ordered one, and suppose to get it by next week).

Support is excellent.

When the set was new, I called up dealer on how to switch off the demo mode who said he will get back soon since the model was new. Few minutes later, I get a call from their bangalore office who guided me to achieve the same.

Their bangalore center called quite a few times during first two months of purchase regarding the performance of the product and any issues that I might be having.

Do you get same support for JVC/PIONEER/CLARION or even ALPINE?

Price no doubt is high, but even mercs and bmws are costly.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks