Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th November 2011, 11:17   #31
Team-BHP Support

Re: ICE Upgrade for my @008 Tata Safari 2.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysmokesleaves View Post
Can you recommend a suitable reliable shop anywhere in Bombay where these components can be sourced and fitted professionally without having to bother about getting fleeced or conned ??

What is a speaker level to line level adapter? Does this sit behind the headunit or somewhere else below the seat or next to the amplifier?

Also, if my speakers are torn/damaged upon inspection, can you kindly recommend a suitable replacement as in model and brand ?

I can hide the amp under the seat, but is there no way to circumvent the 12" sub
Mumbai is a big city, there are many good installers but is best to go to one that is close to you in case you need service. Which part of Mumbai works best for you? Also look at the TBHP Directory.

The speaker level to line level adapter does go between the speaker level outputs of your HU and the line level inputs (RCA) of your amp. Scosche is most commonly avaiable.

There are many good brands of speakers. JBL is the most commonly available of the speaker brands. They are definitely better than the Sony Xplod stuff that is equally freely available. Other brands like Blaupunkt, Alpine, Infinity, are also available. Check with your installer.

There ar 2 ways to skin the 12" subwoofer issue.

a. A sealed box. Most car audio subwoofers are designed to work in small sealed boxes (about 1 cu. ft.). This box can have a Speakon connector which will allow you to remove the box if you need the extra trunk space for a trip.

b. free air. This effectively means mounting the speaker on the rear deck (if the rear deck is wide enough) and using the trunk as the box. However this usually leads to boomy bass - loud but of poor quality. Not all subs are suitable for free air install. Pioneer for example makes 2 versions of their subs - free air and sealed box.

I'd recommed the former.
navin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th December 2011, 07:53   #32
BHPian

Re: ICE Upgrade for my Jet, Tata Safari GX

Hi There

Sorry for late update...
Was actually out on official job thats why the install is delayed..

Anyways today I'm travelling to Delhi to get my install done...
The equipment that I've decided...
Kenwood 7016(already bought)
Kenwood Excelon XR4S
Componnets and sub will be decided after auditioning...

The install will be done at Driven, Delhi..
So ant BHP-ian free to drop by..it will be done tomorrow morning ...

Cheers
Old 19th December 2011, 13:14   #33

Good luck Sheelz...

updates from my side too, finally got my Safari ICEd a couple of weeks ago from Evo -
HU - Pioneer DEH-P80RS (bought used)
4-Ch - Arc Audio XXD4080
Front - Diamond Audio D3
Rear - Rockford Fosgate Prime
Sub - Diamond Audio D3-12
Old 19th December 2011, 16:54   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheelz View Post
Hi There

Sorry for late update...
Was actually out on official job thats why the install is delayed..

Anyways today I'm travelling to Delhi to get my install done...
The equipment that I've decided...
Kenwood 7016(already bought)
Kenwood Excelon XR4S
Componnets and sub will be decided after auditioning...

The install will be done at Driven, Delhi..
So ant BHP-ian free to drop by..it will be done tomorrow morning ...

Cheers
Got it ICE'd?

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulforged View Post
Good luck Sheelz...

updates from my side too, finally got my Safari ICEd a couple of weeks ago from Evo -
HU - Pioneer DEH-P80RS (bought used)
4-Ch - Arc Audio XXD4080
Front - Diamond Audio D3
Rear - Rockford Fosgate Prime
Sub - Diamond Audio D3-12
Can you tell us how much it all costed? And what about wiring and damping?
Old 19th December 2011, 17:32   #35

Total cost 61.5K inclusing installation and wiring. The HU cost 17K and the amp 14.8. Damping not yet done.
Old 3rd January 2012, 22:36   #36
BHPian

Hi Guys

Finally the install is over...
It was done at Driven ..
So this is the final list

HU : Kenwood 7016
Comps : Digital Designs CS 6.5
Amp : Kenwood XR4S
Sub : Infinity 1260W
Damping : Front doors only Dynamat extreme

Initial impression, amazing sound...great clarity and tight punch. Individually

DD comps : They are laid back speaker with neutral sound signature. The mid bass is not very kicking but I guess that will come after break in period. calrity is at par with rainbows DLC that we auditioned in a indica there. Little power hungry but the amp is pumping 120 W rms so no probs there. The tweeters are not very bright and play the high freq as they are supposed to be..On the whole a great set at good price(8500 with B & W)

HU : Well alot has been said about it. so i'll leave it at that. Amazing sound and features. I like the feature of changing illumintion colors...

Amp : The gains are set at mid position and its already thumping. No sign of being pushed even at high volumes. As of now all settings are set to off and LPF/LPF settinga are thru HU. I need gurus help in this for making the sound better using these settings. But thats later. Its so small that its has been fitted under co passengers seat..still pumps out 600 W rms in total...awesome..

Sub : The sub is rated 300 w rms. Its in a selaed enclosure due to which the bass is toght and controlled. It can really get low to shake the heavy door of safari. really loving the bass...

Driven : Let me write a few lines about him. The manager Mr Rana is helpful. I made him change my comps twice. After DD, I fitted Hertz energy series ESK comp. They are lound and bright so again removed and fitted DD again. The installation was done in a professional manner. However the only drawback is that they are little slow. It took them 7 hrs to do the installation that too without sub. I guess thats due to the fact that they had to get some stuff which was not available with them. But overall a good experience.

here are a few pics
Attached Thumbnails
ICE Upgrade for my Jet, Tata Safari GX-100_5212-1024x769.jpg  

ICE Upgrade for my Jet, Tata Safari GX-100_5214-1024x769.jpg  

ICE Upgrade for my Jet, Tata Safari GX-amo-f.jpg  

ICE Upgrade for my Jet, Tata Safari GX-com.jpg  

ICE Upgrade for my Jet, Tata Safari GX-hu.jpg  

ICE Upgrade for my Jet, Tata Safari GX-sub1.jpg  

ICE Upgrade for my Jet, Tata Safari GX-tweet.jpg  

Attached Images

Last edited by sheelz : 3rd January 2012 at 22:43.
Old 7th February 2016, 17:48   #37
Senior - BHPian

I recently picked up a Second Hand Safari Dicor 3.0 4x4. It came with a Blaupunkt Monte Carlo HU and some Coaxials in the doors (don't know if they are Blaupunkts or something else). I always thought that the Safari came with an Alpine HU. Anyway that's irrelevant as the HU is not working and the accessory shop say it can't be repaired. Since the vehicle is not going to be used much, I thought of going for something really cheap.
HU: Blaupunkt Tokyo 110 - Rs.2799/- (Snapdeal)
Front Components: Blaupunkt GTc 172 - Free (Removed from my Petra when I sold it)
Rear Coaxials: Blaupunkt Pure Coaxial 66.2 - Rs.1499/- (Snapdeal)

Reviews of the HU are good for the price. I quite liked the components as I have used them for a while. Coaxial, I'm not really bothered as they will be in the rear doors.
My doubt is will the coaxials (6.5") fit in the door pads without modification?

Also I'm not sure why he said the stock speakers are not working. They don't appear to have any physical damage. Besides there are 4 of them and if I can find 2 good ones I may just use them in the rear doors.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks