Search this Thread
Old 12th March 2006, 12:17   #1
BHPian

Mtx JackHammer

Something for all bass freaks, includine me ,

Mtx Jack Hammer , this thing kicks upto 120 n so on

http://www.nearlygood.com/video/mtxjackhammer.html

Ppl r saying that somehting more powerfull than that

Pioneer SPL truck. (150db) if any have detalis bout da Pioneer SPL Truck plz do fill in.
Old 12th March 2006, 14:16   #2
Senior - BHPian

Step Aside Jackhammer... can you say a 60 inches...

If you're really a bass freak... the Jackhammer is just a tweeter...

This is what the real bassheads wet dreams are made of....

Yes... 60"... thats 5 feet.. Made by Dave Navone (one time IASCA champion)

The cone moves 6 inches peak to peak under full-tilt output. The actual cone diameter is 54 inches, with the 3 inch wide surround on the outside of that. The radiating surface area is 2,290 square inches. That yields a one way displacement of 6,871 cubic inches. That is equivalent to the displacement of 161 ten inch woofers that move 1.5 inches peak to peak.

The motor is capable of producing 6,000+ pounds of linear force, which is necessary when considering the very large surface area and displacement volume required to produce high SPL levels.

The woofer was designed with the capability to produce SPL levels of 188 dB. YES!!! 188 dB

Unfortunately, the folks who made it didn't realize just how much acoustical power the sub could generate, and didn't build the vehicle to contain it appropriately. Even at less than 1/2 output, the doors were blown off the tracks, and the entire vehicle ballooned in and out several inches.
Old 13th March 2006, 10:41   #3
Senior - BHPian

I think nosfreak is talk about some thing particular jack hammer it is a good sub and can be installed in a car not like gunbir one which cannot installed in a car.

From my knowlegde the loudest vehicle is from pioneer woofer. Links is given below

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pn...341722,00.html

http://www.termpro.com/asp/competito...titor_ID=34610
Old 13th March 2006, 11:23   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker
I think nosfreak is talk about some thing particular jack hammer it is a good sub and can be installed in a car not like gunbir one which cannot installed in a car.

From my knowlegde the loudest vehicle is from pioneer woofer.
LBM... having installed a 21" sub (Autopsyche Baracudda), the jackhammers dont tickle me anymore...

Well as for loudest vehicle... there are many... Pioneer holds the USACI record for Scott Owens F350 pickup truck. dBDrag record is held by Team Loud - Finland for their volvo station wagon. And there is also MECA, NSPA etc etc

Each of these organisations have their own rules, own testing equipment parameters (as in what mic etc etc), and so each has their own 'loudest car'. And this doesnt even include Germany, Russia, Italy where there are plenty of crazy people putting out crazy SPL and their own organisations too.
Old 13th March 2006, 12:44   #5
Senior - BHPian

i think you got me wrong gunbir I said the loudest vehicle in this world

http://www.mecacaraudio.com/

As the above link says scroll down the page to see !!!!!

I think i am right in what i said
Old 13th March 2006, 13:20   #6
Team-BHP Support

Why would anyone want the loudest vehicle in the world. I cant even understand what the manufacturers are trying to prove. I believe it is purely a marketing exercise as these sound off attract a lot of people who are willing to invest all sorts of money in to car audio.

I do love some of the technology and creative spirit displayed at these events though but as far as SPLs go damn there are enough ways to trick the mic. at any specific event.
Old 13th March 2006, 13:54   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin
Why would anyone want the loudest vehicle in the world. I cant even understand what the manufacturers are trying to prove. I believe it is purely a marketing exercise as these sound off attract a lot of people who are willing to invest all sorts of money in to car audio.

I do love some of the technology and creative spirit displayed at these events though but as far as SPLs go damn there are enough ways to trick the mic. at any specific event.
Rightly said, anything over a 15" (and again, not the kind with the phattt surround that looks like a tyre tube, ultra super high excursion, quadruple stacked, hernia-inducing magnet types)...is purely for lunatics.

I can't believe that MTX also mentions that the Jackhammer is available in a 'SQ' variant'!!! Hulloooooooooooooo? SQ for Godzilla?????
Old 13th March 2006, 16:24   #8
Senior - BHPian

does any one is having a good SQ setup in india a real one with real time sound processing and computer on board to monitor everying from SQ , amp temp, car voltage etc . I dont think so. Because this type of install is not a possiblity in here. Here I have seen people putting good stuff in there car and I mean good stuff not the low end or entry level. But there car sound like crap.I mean to say the install quality in India is ****. No one knows which thing is compatible with which. All they need is thamak and some noise coming out of there car.
Old 13th March 2006, 17:15   #9
Team-BHP Support

LBM, I suggest you look at some of the installs done by Sam, Gunbir/JB, Autopsyche, etc...
Old 13th March 2006, 22:46   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker
i think you got me wrong gunbir I said the loudest vehicle in this world http://www.mecacaraudio.com/
LBM... there are finer points that you are missing here. Scott Owens registered the highest SPL ever recorded... in an SBN IdBL event. rules and measuring equipment for SBN differ from IASCA, USAC or dB Drag. There are many who believe in one and disbelieve the others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin
Exactly my point. Rules change every year and results can differ for the same car, same setup with different mics. Mics continue to evolve and while one organisation may use mic A, the other may use mic B. Both mics will give different results.

BTW... here is a link to the Pioneer website which mentiones Scott's score in the 2005 SBN Extreme5+ as 176.6dB
http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pn...409755,00.html

the Pioneer F250 truck

While Team Loud, Finland holds the dB Drag 2005 Extreme5+ record at 177.9dB
http://www.spldynamics.fi/

Team Loud station wagon

BUT... Scott also has a score of 180.3 dB. Owens’ score was measured on the IASCA SA 3056 SPL meter with the SPL 190 mic mfrd by Audiocontrol. This result is 1.5db higher than the termlab mic so that would still put him at 178.7 dB

AND... Team Loud from Finland is claimed to have a 180.5 legal on the termlab which would be about a 182 on the Audiocontrol SPL190 mic.

At the 2005 world finals, Team Loud measured a consistent higher SPL over Scott Owens and even in the Deathmatch category Team Loud kept up 175.1 for 5 mintues!!! While Scott Owens lost in this round as his amps would shut down.

In the final round however, it is said Team Loud had HU issues and it caused a lower score. Many who were actually there have said the clear winner was actually Team Loud. But as a steroid induced muscle bound bald guy once said... winning's winning!!

So who's really the loudest... your guess is as good as mine...

Last edited by gunbir : 13th March 2006 at 22:58.
Old 13th March 2006, 23:03   #11
Team-BHP Support

gunbir, could you please edit those pics to eliminate horizontal scrolling. thanks.
Old 15th March 2006, 16:01   #12
BHPian

Team Loud from Finland is claimed to have a 180.5 legal on the termlab which would be about a 182 on the Audiocontrol SPL190 mic.

with 180.5, whoa, tahts freakin loud, but always in very contest there is some tech falut or the other, n thx for the info gunbir
Old 15th March 2006, 16:04   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunbir
If you're really a bass freak... the Jackhammer is just a tweeter...

This is what the real bassheads wet dreams are made of....

Yes... 60"... thats 5 feet.. Made by Dave Navone (one time IASCA champion)

The cone moves 6 inches peak to peak under full-tilt output. The actual cone diameter is 54 inches, with the 3 inch wide surround on the outside of that. The radiating surface area is 2,290 square inches. That yields a one way displacement of 6,871 cubic inches. That is equivalent to the displacement of 161 ten inch woofers that move 1.5 inches peak to peak.

The motor is capable of producing 6,000+ pounds of linear force, which is necessary when considering the very large surface area and displacement volume required to produce high SPL levels.

The woofer was designed with the capability to produce SPL levels of 188 dB. YES!!! 188 dB

Unfortunately, the folks who made it didn't realize just how much acoustical power the sub could generate, and didn't build the vehicle to contain it appropriately. Even at less than 1/2 output, the doors were blown off the tracks, and the entire vehicle ballooned in and out several inches.
I would agree on that, but to be precise, i was talking only which can be fitted in cars. n nuthing else, I know bout these systems, n yes 188 db is really high.
Old 16th March 2006, 11:08   #14
Senior - BHPian

This is what I called system check this link

http://img92.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dsc001034gg.jpg
Old 16th March 2006, 11:54   #15
Senior - BHPian

LBM

That looks like Scott Buwalda's old setup from '97. It was a nice setup, has changed a few times since...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks