Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment

Search this Thread
Old 10th October 2006, 20:47   #16
aZa
Senior - BHPian

Next thing u will find is ... "Someone is trying to connect to your HU..." while you are at the traffic light. lol!! Leaving your fones BT on for headset or watever while travelling here is a pain. there are viruses all over.
Old 10th October 2006, 21:11   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aZa
Next thing u will find is ... "Someone is trying to connect to your HU..." while you are at the traffic light. lol!! Leaving your fones BT on for headset or watever while travelling here is a pain. there are viruses all over.
Agreed & that is why the best thing is to keep your phone hidden, that way you can use the BT handset & not have viruses popping up. I do the same with my phone!
Old 11th October 2006, 06:59   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aZa
When the technology advances, we get lots of features to fiddle with. At the same time, we should know how to use it. All the BT phones have the feature of not being visible to othet BT enabled gadgets, which one should use it. Similarly, I hope, the BT HUs should also have features from being invisible for gadgets other than those already paired.

Now a days, the inventors are very much aware of the privacy and security requirements and they build such features with the privacy and security requirements in mind. But after all, it is human devised and there will be another human to break the security feature and that's how new viruses and security threats are emerging.
Old 11th October 2006, 11:53   #19
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldsun
When the technology advances....
Yes and all you need is a bluetooth watch to match (see www.fossil.com for more).
Old 12th October 2006, 11:34   #20
NIP
Senior - BHPian

is phone connectivity all that the bluetooth HUs are capable of !? i'm thinking i can play music off my cell straight onto the HU thru bluetooth !! that will be cool...!! also...if these HUs come with some basic memory like the sonys 1gig panel HU, it'd be cool to store some new tunes on the HU from the cell phone every now and then maybe i can also right click on some mp3 track on my laptop and say 'send to car...' !!

Last edited by NIP : 12th October 2006 at 11:37.
Old 12th October 2006, 14:15   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIP
is phone connectivity all that the bluetooth HUs are capable of !? i'm thinking i can play music off my cell straight onto the HU thru bluetooth
Yes, nip, I think this is exactly what the manufacturers are really thinking of. If your phone/pda/mp3 player supports the A2DP Bluetooth profile (quite a lot of new phones have this profile), you can stream music straight off your device to the HU in full stereo. Cool, huh?

I recently saw the news of a new iPod accessory (in Engadget or Gizmodo) which lets you stream music off the iPod (with a bluetooth dongle-like attachment) to a bluetooth headset over the A2DP profile. This should work with HUs supporting A2DP. This would be better than using the FM attachment for iPods -- no loss of quality of sound.

Last edited by hydrashok : 12th October 2006 at 14:20.
Old 12th October 2006, 23:28   #22
Senior - BHPian

-------------- Somewhat OT ------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrashok
a new iPod accessory (in Engadget or Gizmodo) which lets you stream music off the iPod (with a bluetooth dongle-like attachment)
For folks interested in more info, here's a similar product for the iPod by Belkin.

http://www.engadget.com/2006/10/11/b...nd-tunecast-3/
Old 12th October 2006, 23:47   #23
Senior - BHPian

Guys,this thread started off a while back.
Id love to know the latest BT head-units available in our market today.
Gunbir,Sam,Navin,....wat do u guys have to say?
Old 13th October 2006, 09:03   #24
BANNED

Hi Guys,

Dont know how I missed this thread. Well at present these products are being sold through us in India with bill and warranty since the past 6 months. Retails for 18k.

[img=http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/1517/rhythmnbluescreenpx8.th.jpg]

http://www.parrot.biz/usa/products/rhythmnblue
http://www.parrot.biz/usa/products/parrotmk6000

[img=http://img167.imageshack.us/img167/7052/parrotmk6000bluetoothug6.th.jpg]

Hope that helps.

Viper

Last edited by viper : 13th October 2006 at 09:04.
Old 13th October 2006, 12:57   #25
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper
Hi Guys,
Dont know how I missed this thread. Well at present these products are being sold through us in India with bill and warranty since the past 6 months. Retails for 18k.
Viper, do you represent Parrot in India? If not who does?
Old 13th October 2006, 13:04   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper
Well at present these products are being sold through us in India with bill and warranty since the past 6 months. Retails for 18k.
He's mentioned that he does represent them in India.

Most Viewed