Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st March 2006, 11:05   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by panky12345
LBM: so u suggest me to go in for 944 instead of 510?
Autophile: can u plz elaborate on getting it properly installed....am REALLY looking for some good installers in delhi, all i know are roadside car accessories walas....

I am not saying that go for 944 it is a class AB amp but the 510 is a class D
The 944 is good for mids and highs but not recommended for sub because it not so effiecnt and uses lots of power against class D so if u want an amp for sub go for class D only. One more Thing Class D does not mean Digital Amp It is class D amp. Any doubt about Class D search on the net for it.
Old 21st March 2006, 12:10   #17
BHPian

Quote:
LBM: so u suggest me to go in for 944 instead of 510?
Autophile: can u plz elaborate on getting it properly installed....am REALLY looking for some good installers in delhi, all i know are roadside car accessories walas....
Contact Manik @ 9811775777. He is very good installer.
Old 21st March 2006, 12:13   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker
I am not saying that go for 944 it is a class AB amp but the 510 is a class D
The 944 is good for mids and highs but not recommended for sub because it not so effiecnt and uses lots of power against class D so if u want an amp for sub go for class D only. One more Thing Class D does not mean Digital Amp It is class D amp. Any doubt about Class D search on the net for it.
Class AB amplifiers sounds good on subwoofers. But comparitively Class AB amplification for sub turns out to be expensive compared to Class D...but definitely sounds better...provided you use good quality subwoofers.
Old 21st March 2006, 12:18   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker
I think I had adjusted the amp in as many setting as possible but the sound was not right. I am listening to a woofer since last 15 year I think I can tell that a sub is sounding ok or not. And I mean at low voulme the 510 is a very good amp but as u increase the output there is certain sound which feel like some this is not right in the bass as if the woofer . Also I set the LPF on the amp to middle of the freq knob and the gain to the middle and from the head unit LPF to 125hz so that all the freq goes to the amp without being filtered. and further adjusted the freq from the amp where it sounded right.

One more thing I earlier I had pioneer 944 (75x4 , 250x2)it might be not a such i good amp but i like it. I used to drive two 1241 pioneer woofer with them they sounded very good But with 510 i did not got satisfied. I bought the 510 amp and sold it in 10 days of purchase. Rest it is up to u which amp to buy It is your hard own money.

Autophile Sir what are the other options for an amp (other than alpine) for 20k for bass as i need some more amp for my other car
LBM there are not much settings on an amplifier than a gain, crossover and eq. And setting it up is 5 mins job. The bass is not only dependent on the amplifier itself. It depends on the subwoofer choice, enclosure quality, source and cables also.

Putting the sub in box and playing around with the amplifier is not the final line of getting base. There are lot of things.

The quipment choice is very subjective. That does not mean the other equipment is just trash. Definitely one can be better than other and often comes at an extra cost.
Old 21st March 2006, 14:44   #20
Senior - BHPian

what u said is quite right I agreed with u 100% but u said for sound adjusment I have tryied every possible manner to adjust the sound but the 510 was underpowered to me or it could not meet my expectations. Tell me YAAR why woul i will spend 10.5k on a amp and sell it for 7.5k 10 days later.There might be some thing wrong. Also the wiring done at the time of 510 is same as that of now. No wire was changed between the two setups. One more thing I have tryied near 6 box enclosure (made from mdf and the side walls where seal from siliconeso no air leaks, also added sound absorbing material also) seal and ported from varies sizes starting from 1.1 , 1.25 , 1.65 different woofer placements face top , face backwards ,facing front. All these setting were measured at contant volume for all the setups with a db meter for freq starting 10 hz to 120 hz for sound output and several track where played for max db attained and the results where compared. so i dont think i just have said some thing about the amp is not correct. Lastly said it is your money spend it wisely.

Autophile Sir I am waiting for the option of amp other than alpine for 20k range for sub as my friend need and he is going to get in few days if u have any suggestion please tell me. I might be coming to driven on coming sunday for rca and power cables. I have made some changes and added your audison ports to the box and sound now coming is very good. I hope u will like it.

Last edited by low_bass_makker : 21st March 2006 at 14:52.
Old 21st March 2006, 16:02   #21
Senior - BHPian

audison ports......? wass that?
Old 21st March 2006, 18:35   #22
BHPian

LBM do not measure the quantity of the bass with SPL meter.... in bass reproduction its not only the quantity... its the quality also.

There very good amps available in Audison range for subwoofers application around in 20-30K range

Audison SRx 1
Audison SRx 2S
Audison LRx 1.400
Old 21st March 2006, 18:37   #23
BHPian

Quote:
audison ports......? wass that?
They are circular tubes at flared both ends (Ports) by Audison AZ Comp used in bass reflex / ported subwoofer boxes.
Old 21st March 2006, 18:48   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autophile
LBM do not measure the quantity of the bass with SPL meter.... in bass reproduction its not only the quantity... its the quality also.

There very good amps available in Audison range for subwoofers application around in 20-30K range

Audison SRx 1
Audison SRx 2S
Audison LRx 1.400

What are prices each of them ?
Old 21st March 2006, 18:53   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autophile
Also i have check the spread of the freq curve by plotting the db output of the freq given out by the sound system and i saw a fine nice most flat curve from my latest setting running in my car
Old 21st March 2006, 18:56   #26
BHPian

Audison SRx 1 - Rs. 23810
Audison SRx 2S - Rs. 25110
Audison LRx 1.400 - Rs. 35390
Old 23rd March 2006, 10:27   #27
Team-BHP Support

I have moved all posts refering to building subwoofer boxess to here
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-en...bwoofer-5.html

hope i did it right. thanks for understanding.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks