Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th April 2012, 02:59   #31
BHPian

Re: Stage 2 - ICEing my Blu-T so the roof blows off!! 2012 Swift Zdi

@ sonirohit, I appreciate your input. I wish I knew more about RCAs, i went with whatever was suggested to me, I hope the ones I have will survive for sometime. If you have any suggestions, please do let me know, I can always change them in stage 3.
Old 12th May 2012, 08:55   #32
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by iFuel View Post
Audison Conection SLI 4
How would you rate the performance of this one?

I'm planning to upgrade the ICE in my Punto, and I plan to retain the stock HU as well? Would this do a better job, than say, connecting the speaker level output to a 4-channel amplifier like Focal Solid 4?
Old 15th May 2012, 05:52   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
How would you rate the performance of this one?

I'm planning to upgrade the ICE in my Punto, and I plan to retain the stock HU as well? Would this do a better job, than say, connecting the speaker level output to a 4-channel amplifier like Focal Solid 4?
It absolutely did the job for me. It works like a charm and the audio output was better than I had expected
Old 17th May 2012, 19:43   #34
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by iFuel View Post
It absolutely did the job for me. It works like a charm and the audio output was better than I had expected
Thanks!

But just verifying - You are mentioning about the combo with stock HU right? Because i remember you mentionining somewhere that you were not satisfied and thats why where the JVC in your signature came in to play.
Old 22nd May 2012, 01:16   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Thanks!

But just verifying - You are mentioning about the combo with stock HU right? Because i remember you mentionining somewhere that you were not satisfied and thats why where the JVC in your signature came in to play.
I was not satisfied with the lack of features and equalizer adjustment range in the head unit and the speaker output. Hence I went in for JVC. however during the time the SLI was playing with the head unit, it actually played fine for what it was meant for. Frankly i think it did improve the output of the head unit with a little more clarity.

So if you want to keep the stock head unit and add the SLI to get the pre-outs, then this will be a good choice for sure.
Old 3rd October 2012, 09:54   #36
BHPian

So it sure has been a long wait since I last updated this thread. Life and work catching up and I was listening to the melody of the system all this while. Just the other day the JVC head unit stopped working all of a sudden, and I was dumbfounded. What could have gone wrong? I tried everything but in vain. So I fix an appointment with Aman @ Motor Concept. Saturday it was, so I reach there and show him the system. And guess what, 5 seconds in and it started working. Little did I know that there was a rest button and all that was needed was to press it.

Well anyways, sometimes fate has things in store you don't know. So I asked his ace guy, Pramod to have a look at the left side tweeter while I was there for it wasn't working as I wanted it to. And in he goes and within a minute tells me it is not working at all. Deep dive into the problem and we figure that the age old make do Sony Amp was the issue. Well I had not planned an Amp upgrade at all. And neither could I live with a non working front component. So i sheepishly ask Aman if he had an Amp that I could get and pat came a few options: Kenwood, Bull Audio and a couple of more. I asked him for his suggestion knowing that he was the one who made the whole setup. And well it turned out to be Bull Audio PA 4.200 800Watt 4 CH Amp.

After the install, I must say that it did absolute justice to the setup. It is driving the front components and the age old sub. However it sure has made a world of difference to the audio output. The speakers are sounding more profound and the sub is working a lot better. And I am back into the cockpit of my Blu T surrounded by wonderful music. The age old itch has started again and next in line, stage 3: Mono & a Sub, I feel are going to come pretty soon, finances permitting.

Here are a few pics of the Amp for your viewing pleasure.
Attached Thumbnails
Stage 2 - ICEing my Blu-T so the roof blows off!! 2012 Swift Zdi-20120930_172244.jpg  

Stage 2 - ICEing my Blu-T so the roof blows off!! 2012 Swift Zdi-20120930_172257.jpg  

Stage 2 - ICEing my Blu-T so the roof blows off!! 2012 Swift Zdi-20120930_174427.jpg  

Stage 2 - ICEing my Blu-T so the roof blows off!! 2012 Swift Zdi-20120930_174438.jpg  

Stage 2 - ICEing my Blu-T so the roof blows off!! 2012 Swift Zdi-20120930_174454.jpg  

Last edited by iFuel : 3rd October 2012 at 09:57. Reason: Typing errors.
iFuel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2014, 12:00   #37
BHPian

ifuel, you are the best writer I have come across. Your writing style is awesome and I have always been a fan of your writing style. Please let me how good are Focal Ps 165 v30 component speakers and fpp 4100 amplifier

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks