Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd May 2012, 18:07   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Sound System in my Honda City

I don't know anything much about music setups (apart from basics), but this one must be a real nice setup (audio quality wise). Can you post a youtube link of a video taken while you are playing the music?

What are those circuits in the boot? How are they exposed like this? Will they not get damaged?

And sorry for the nitpick, but the LED's on the front bumper don't seem to be correctly integrated. There seem to be extra cuts on the bumper beyond the LED's, which make it look like an unfinished job. Can you please get it corrected?

EDIT: You have got some cool looking alloys and side skirting. You must get yourself a nice looking spoiler on the boot to complete the look of the car!

Last edited by W.A.G.7 : 3rd May 2012 at 18:09. Reason: Edit added
Old 4th May 2012, 00:02   #17
Senior - BHPian

I need that mirror ball !!!
Old 4th May 2012, 00:38   #18
Senior - BHPian

Good stuff bhai,baki sab toh theek hai,when can I come and take the mirror ball before LBM hops in
Old 4th May 2012, 11:25   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post

+1 Count me in too Ajay, a must have in the car.

Let me put this as the Nos # 1 on my priority list for Car ICE
Old 4th May 2012, 12:23   #20
Senior - BHPian

I just love the disco ball. If you dont mind, can you let me know from where you sourced it. The tweeter placement looks very good.
Old 4th May 2012, 18:00   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker
+1 I want that disco ball !!! Source please
Old 5th May 2012, 23:45   #22
BHPian

B&T your car would sound super after all its your own car done by you.

Was just curious to know how did you provide the earthing for the amps.

I mean drilled the body(thak thak) and screwed the wire or used the existing body bolts to earth the amps?
tush is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2012, 15:51   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.A.G.7 View Post
I don't know anything much about music setups (apart from basics), but this one must be a real nice setup (audio quality wise). Can you post a Youtube link of a video taken while you are playing the music?

What are those circuits in the boot? How are they exposed like this? Will they not get damaged?

And sorry for the nitpick, but the LED's on the front bumper don't seem to be correctly integrated. There seem to be extra cuts on the bumper beyond the LED's, which make it look like an unfinished job. Can you please get it corrected?

EDIT: You have got some cool looking alloys and side skirting. You must get yourself a nice looking spoiler on the boot to complete the look of the car!
I don't see what purpose a video would serve except for that it would be a video of the equipment with some sound rather than mere pictures. There's no way the audio in the clip would give any indication of what the system sounds like when heard in person.

Those circuits are amplifiers. They are not exposed. It just looks like that.

The DRLs were a part of the car when I bought it. Need to find time to correct those openings. Thanks for pointing it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramie2400 View Post
Good stuff bhai,baki sab toh theek hai,when can I come and take the mirror ball before LBM hops in
O Ho! Please don't put me in these Santa v/s Banta type dilemmas! When i"m next in HK, I'll make sure I buy one each for both of you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tush View Post
Was just curious to know how did you provide the earthing for the amps.

I mean drilled the body(thak thak) and screwed the wire or used the existing body bolts to earth the amps?
Yup! Drill goes "drrrr" and makes a hole at a location in the trunk closest to all 3 amplifiers and convenient for the wires to be run without hampering anything, and the ground cables are secured there.

Cars don't have spare bolts. They are there for some purpose, like fastening the seats or seat belts or steering wheel or some other functional part. You could use those also, but then you never know if the cabling would hinder some functionality of that part especially if it is movable. Or if that bolt is removed by someone to work on it, it is not necessary that say, the seatwallah is going to put back the ground cable. Lastly, it could also be very far from where the amplifier is mounted.

I can understand where your paranoia with holes comes from, but a small hole in some safe location in the car will not alter the car's working or affect its structural integrity. If you look carefully, you will find that there are hundreds of such holes wittingly provided by the manufacturer all through the car where several bolts, press-clips, screws etc are already being used. Plus there are a million other aftermarket fittings that need additional holes to be drilled for their installation in different parts of the car. And yes, there is a difference between drilling a hole in the cross-member of a car and another on some part of the parcel shelf.

Lastly, this is not my homegrown theory. Nor an "Indian" thing. Amplifiers the world over get grounded to a fresh, custom hole near it. Don't sweat it
Bass&Trouble is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th May 2012, 18:10   #24
BHPian

Great job! I like the placement of the Twitters. Are similar aftermarket A-pillar cladding available?
Rajat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2012, 11:19   #25
BHPian

Hi B&T

That's a nice "sound" machine !

Anyway, I might be wrong but I would like to know where have the driver side 'A' pillar meters shown in the second picture disappeared to in the fourth picture?

Cheers
wild child is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2012, 11:46   #26
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble View Post
Lastly, this is not my homegrown theory. Nor an "Indian" thing. Amplifiers the world over get grounded to a fresh, custom hole near it. Don't sweat it
Would you recommend that the hole once drilled and the amplifiers grounded; be treated (on both surfaces) with primer and spray paint (matching to body colour) to keep rust at bay?
Old 9th May 2012, 13:03   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
Would you recommend that the hole once drilled and the amplifiers grounded; be treated (on both surfaces) with primer and spray paint (matching to body colour) to keep rust at bay?
Absolutely. But sometimes it is not possible to access the underside of the ground bolt. Especially when it is buried in a fuel tank.
Old 9th May 2012, 13:05   #28
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble View Post
Absolutely. But sometimes it is not possible to access the underside of the ground bolt. Especially when it is buried in a fuel tank.
Does that mean that you drilled through the fuel tank, Ajay?

The fuel tank is separate from the body and the only way to pierce the tank is if you pierced the body then the tank.
Old 9th May 2012, 13:12   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wild child View Post
Anyway, I might be wrong but I would like to know where have the driver side 'A' pillar meters shown in the second picture disappeared to in the fourth picture?
I have removed those meters to make way for the tweeter pods.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajat View Post
Great job! I like the placement of the Twitters. Are similar aftermarket A-pillar cladding available?
Tweeter cups from different brands come in different sizes, so its difficult to have a standard aftermarket A pillar with tweeter pod.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Does that mean that you drilled through the fuel tank, Ajay?
I was kidding. In my case drilling into the fuel tank, would mean into the CNG tank, and I wouldn't be here replying to this thread if I had done that.
Bass&Trouble is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2012, 16:23   #30
BHPian

Congrats Ajay, beautifully installed (as usual)
sujitm is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks