Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th April 2006, 02:48   #16
BHPian

i have seen some JBL RCA cables.. ICE gurus plz correct me if im wrong.. dont know how many meters but they were priced at around 800-1000rs.. came in a nice jbl pouch which looks like a cd case (orange in colour)

~cheers
-Ash
Old 13th April 2006, 02:52   #17
BHPian

i think i have the twister gold plated RCA kit in my car.. or was it BOSS.. not too sure .. Monster cables are said to be the best..

~cheers
-Ash
Old 13th April 2006, 08:10   #18
Team-BHP Support

Those are fake cables. Check Sam's post in the advice from Guru's thread. Use the search feature and you will know if you have the fake set of cables.

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzin_hornets
i have seen some JBL RCA cables.. ICE gurus plz correct me if im wrong.. dont know how many meters but they were priced at around 800-1000rs.. came in a nice jbl pouch which looks like a cd case (orange in colour)

~cheers
-Ash
Old 13th April 2006, 10:02   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodystopme
You are right.But the wire you are talking about is Woofer wire and speaker wire. The wire i am talking about is the wire which comes from HU to the amp.It just brings electricity to power amps that sit.
Somebodystopme.... STOP!!! You are confused.

I am NOT talking about speaker cables. The thread subject is 'good RCA wires' and we were talking about RCA Interconnects.

Also, there is NO cable that 'brings electricity' from the HU to the amp. Amps get +ive from the battery's +ive terminal and ground from the vehicle body. The Remote cable does come from the HU to the amp but its not THE cable that 'brings electricity'.
Old 13th April 2006, 10:17   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodystopme
'Driven' Buddy i was know abt all these head expenses and Rs 150 max to max rs 300 after all these expenses.and ya one more thing you dont need to ship wire anywhere just like you do not need to ship air anywhere because wire is one Item which is easily available everywhere in whole world.Tc.
My friend let me stop you again. You're wrong again.

Let me put it this way... The day your brand is as big as Monster or Belden, we will be willing to pay Rs1200 for your RCA. Once you've spent a few tens of million dollars creating a brand name and establishing a worldwide market, I doubt you will be selling your cable for Rs 200.

I would like to know what car you drive. Did you build it yourself? Why not? If you build a car at home, you could probably do it within 1 Lakh. Why pay Maruti, Hyundai etc 3 lakhs plus. These companies are also thieves by your standards.

How about this, come to us with your BEST RCA interconnect. It has to be the absolute BEST you can manufacture. And I will show you a better sounding, better looking, better packaged cable for the same price.
Old 13th April 2006, 10:54   #21
Team-BHP Support

Belden works out a but cheaper if you by it by the roll and get some WBTs and solder them yourself. the WBTs are not Neutrik but are as nice.
Old 13th April 2006, 14:39   #22
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzin_hornets
The JBL kit you got is probably fake. Send a pic and Sam wil confirm. Usually RCA cables are in lengths of 1m and 5-6m (depending on manufacturer).
Old 13th April 2006, 14:49   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin
The JBL kit you got is probably fake. Send a pic and Sam wil confirm. Usually RCA cables are in lengths of 1m and 5-6m (depending on manufacturer).
ill try n get a pic..i had my doubts too that it might be fake.. n the price was actually not 800 but 500rs.. probably a metre or so..

~cheers
-Ash
Old 13th April 2006, 15:06   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin
Belden works out a but cheaper if you by it by the roll and get some WBTs and solder them yourself. the WBTs are not Neutrik but are as nice.
Navin in this case only the cable is cheap. WBT's are expensive RCA plugs. There are some in Neutrik which are decently priced, some of the good quality ones like Profi's are expensive. For that price buying a good quality RCA cable meant for car use makes more sense.
Old 13th April 2006, 15:26   #25
BHPian

'Gunbir' Thanks for stopping me. .

It is very much possible that i am wrong and confused. I dont have fixed ideas that i am always right. So plz tell me more about these Rca leads. I would definately like to be enlightened to the facts towhich supposedly i am ignorant.
And if that is so then i myself would like to have some good Rca for my ride. I would like to know how are they better, i have personally never had a look at monster lead but you must have, so do tell me how are they better in terms of PVC and what copper do they use.
Brand Name Under which i sell is Plaza. My dad has already spent million of dollar in making it.TC.
Thats a promise wheneve i make the best Rca i can i will show it to you.

Last edited by somebodystopme : 13th April 2006 at 15:37.
Old 13th April 2006, 17:58   #26
Senior - BHPian

I will not stop u , I will come with u . What u said is right. Also the stuff which is avaiable in india with b&w is very expensive. The cost of the same stuff will be cheaper outside india but here ..... Also the stuff in the grey market is much cheaper than the B&W one. For eg the pioneer componet kit is available for 12k in the market with B&W but in grey it is for 8K only see the difference.
Old 13th April 2006, 19:15   #27
Team-BHP Support

I dont see how LBM.

I got my Alpine 9833 in India for about the US price +15% and install was included and earn the goodwill of my installer as she makes a few Rs. commission.

today i bought a pair of senheisser 555 headphones for rs. 7500 delivered to my door and the best US price (from a reputed retailer) was $160 (incl of shipping). $160 is about rs. 7250. now for rs. 250 i get the same phones sitting in india. i think it is a great deal.

It does pay to know the US prices (via the net) so that one knows i one is being ripped off. Often there is little choice. The KCA 420 (ipod adapter) was Rs. 7000 in India and could be had for $129 at the time I got mine but given the headache of getting it you pay the piper.
Old 13th April 2006, 21:38   #28
Team-BHP Support

Fake Wiring Kit TBHP Link

cya
R
Old 22nd April 2006, 23:19   #29
Senior - BHPian

Connection Audison Product List + Manual with pricing

Connection Audison Product List + Manual in pdf ;with pricing

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=LKZ1U5VE

Last edited by jkdas : 22nd April 2006 at 23:22.
Old 24th April 2006, 22:33   #30
Senior - BHPian

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/204164-post22.html

check this post for the audison wiring kit info. No need for further clarification guys. I had them earlier.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks